Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

standalone wrote:
Sorefingers wrote:Does anyone know if Native Instruments usually has a Black Friday sale? I know they have a Summer sale.

I'm looking to get Komplete, but I'm willing to wait if a deal is around the corner.
Last years they did sales immediately before Black Friday. They use to put many of their individual products half-price, but not Komplete or recently released items. This year it could be different as there haven't been a new version of Komplete, who knows?
Thanks. Hopefully it won't just be on instrument packs. I guess summer is a slower time for them since more people are probably hibernating inside doing production work in colder weather.

I'm sure there will be plenty of other deals to be had on software in a couple weeks.

As an aside, I got what I felt was a good deal on an Akai MPK88 at Guitar Center earlier this week. They currently have it for $599 online, http://www.guitarcenter.com/Akai-Profes ... 1482002.gc, and there was a $100 coupon off of a purchase over $499. Akai was one of the few brands not excluded from their giant list of coupon exclusions, so I walked out the door with one at a local GC for $499 plus tax.

I'm sure they'll have another coupon sale by Black Friday, but all they have now is $30 off.

I had an absolute bargain.

I bought an unregistered version of Z3ta from a seller here. Registered it at CakeWalk. Did a search for Z3ta on their site rather then click the direct product page for Z3ta 2. Search returned a well hidden gem... a FREE upgrade to v2 for users that bought v1 after July 2011.

Obviously I bought it last week. I went through the checkout process....about 30 mins later. A serial and download instruction for Z3ta 2 were emailed to me. I logged in and sure enough they are now added to my account as well.

In a nutshell. I bought Z3ta 2 for £8.34.

RESULT ! :D

I realize that this is probably a stupid question, but I ask it anyways:
When is this black friday that I hear mentioned once in a while?

Finally!

Really wish all sales could kick in right now. Don't want to wait any longer to buy a few libraries I've been looking at and I know they will go on sale black friday/christmas.

cyphersuit wrote:23.11.2012
Thank you Cyphersuit ;)

filter303 wrote:
cyphersuit wrote:23.11.2012
Thank you Cyphersuit ;)
The day after American Thanksgiving is called Black Friday because the money retailers take in from big sales that day often put them "in the black," meaning making a net profit for the accounting year, when they'd been running "in the red," meaning at a loss. The holiday season is what keeps US retailers in business.

It's when a lot of large retailers dump inventory to make room for next years products, as well as to reduce their overall tax burden-many will run loss leader sales to move product out of both their stores and their warehouses.

Some of the best deals of the year are available to aggressive buyers - people will literally camp outside a store like Best Buy starting the day before Black Friday (on Thanksgiving-always a Thursday in the US)

It's seen as the kick-off to the Christmas season; many retailers will also offer earlybird one-day specials on desirable items.

With all this taken into account: It is both the best and the worst day to go shopping- the news reports are littered with stories of people practically losing their minds to take advantage of a bargain; the extremes that they end up going to...

IIRC, a person died at wallmart couple of years ago in Black Friday, while he was trambled by the massive amount of shoppers in line.

ferez21 wrote:IIRC, a person died at wallmart couple of years ago in Black Friday, while he was trambled by the massive amount of shoppers in line.
A lady in our area brought some pepper spray shopping with her Black Friday, sprayed some of the employees, then took off with an Xbox...

They eventually caught her, but in the meantime: a number of shoppers in the store suffered from varying degrees of nausea (the pepper spray got into the store's air-recirculation system)

goldenanalog wrote:
ferez21 wrote:IIRC, a person died at wallmart couple of years ago in Black Friday, while he was trambled by the massive amount of shoppers in line.
A lady in our area brought some pepper spray shopping with her Black Friday, sprayed some of the employees, then took off with an Xbox...

They eventually caught her, but in the meantime: a number of shoppers in the store suffered from varying degrees of nausea (the pepper spray got into the store's air-recirculation system)
So it seems to be safer to do shopping online... :hihi:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:

Quite.

(Some) People get crazy when 'black friday' deals come around... and by crazy... I truly mean.. crazy. insane. unable to reason through logic.

Over here (USA).. it is not uncommon to see people in a line the evening before a store will open the next morning.. in the cold...

Some do it to save money or afford something they couldn't otherwise. Some do it just for the experience. Others so they can resell these discounted items for a profit on ebay or craigslist.

Roads around shopping districts are clogged with traffic.. lots of thieves busting car windows and taking items.. etc

It is really a greedy, selfish, scary time in that aspect.. because, as mentioned above, some will do ANYTHING to get a limited stock item on sale. :-o Check youtube if you want to see some of it.. it can get pretty sick though.. just watching people swarm like flies on a body.

I did all of my Christmas gift shopping online last year. every single bit of it. I intend to do the same this year... sipping on some hot chocolate, relaxing in my pajamas. :hihi:

Tricky-Loops wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:

You're absolutely right, Tricky-Loops; even looking at it purely from the perspective of convience.

With all the mall and box-store shopping going on, there is also a substantial spike in crime-it's easier to be 'missed' to get away with doing bad stuff when the resources of a mall are taxed to their limits...

Car break-ins, purse-snatchings, hold-ups, etc. are more likely to happen on Black Friday, absolutely; but it does depend on the area, and how well a given store/mall is staffed to handle the insane level of business that they'll see on that designated shopping day. Some actually don't do a bad job managing it-I think that most large retailers have gotten better at handling the Black Friday shopping traffic over time-they've learned from previous years' mistakes, etc.

VitaminD wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
goldenanalog wrote:

Quite.

(Some) People get crazy when 'black friday' deals come around... and by crazy... I truly mean.. crazy. insane. unable to reason through logic.

Over here (USA).. it is not uncommon to see people in a line the evening before a store will open the next morning.. in the cold...

Some do it to save money or afford something they couldn't otherwise. Some do it just for the experience. Others so they can resell these discounted items for a profit on ebay or craigslist.

Roads around shopping districts are clogged with traffic.. lots of thieves busting car windows and taking items.. etc

It is really a greedy, selfish, scary time in that aspect.. because, as mentioned above, some will do ANYTHING to get a limited stock item on sale. :-o Check youtube if you want to see some of it.. it can get pretty sick though.. just watching people swarm like flies on a body.

I did all of my Christmas gift shopping online last year. every single bit of it. I intend to do the same this year... sipping on some hot chocolate, relaxing in my pajamas. :hihi:
Excellent, VitaminD!

And don't forget to pick up a few softs for yourself from our friends here on KVR...unless you have over 100 like me.... :help:

VitaminD wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:So it seems to be safer to do shopping online... :hihi:
Quite.

Maybe it's because there are many poor people in the United States, and they all wait longingly for Black Friday to finally to be able to buy the thing they've dreamed of their whole life? Hardly imaginable in Germany, BTW... We have one "Final Summer Sale" in August and one "Final Winter Sale" in January, and that's all...never heard of Black Friday... :wink:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”