Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lately, it seems like the Deals thread has to some extent morphed into an advertising thread.

I really support our local vendors here, but it feels odd. Kinda like, instead of it being one of the kids scurrying into the treehouse yelling "Hey, gang, look at the cool thing I found!", it's become having junk mail delivered to the treehouse.

Not that the ads aren't sometimes pretty good deals on their own. It just feels like that stuff generally belongs as a separate thread in Marketplace.

I know I'm a bit maniacal on the subject of deals, so -- Is it just me, or are other people having a similar reaction?

Yeah, I feel that too.

On the other hand, quickly, is $410 a good price for Arturia 49 incl. tax and shipping?
It's all about the wavelets. I dream of the perfect additive synthesis.
You can hire me if you are in Toronto! Contact for details.

Free Groove3 30 Day Pass. Limited to 1000

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

twoifbysea wrote:Free Groove3 30 Day Pass. Limited to 1000

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater
Was on my way to post this :o

Yeah thank you, twoifbysea. woohoo another 30 days free :-o

Hmm..Im still seeing API at jrrshop for 250 ? Anyone else not see it for 125 per the bargain thread?

bludreamsounds wrote:Hmm..Im still seeing API at jrrshop for 250 ? Anyone else not see it for 125 per the bargain thread?
Ditto.

I also added it to Cart which usually works for JRR by triggering a coupon or somesuch thing.

No dice. :cry:

use code software50 and voila!
No signature here!

GreyLion wrote:
... instead of it being one of the kids scurrying into the treehouse yelling "Hey, gang, look at the cool thing I found!", it's become having junk mail delivered to the treehouse.

Not that the ads aren't sometimes pretty good deals on their own. It just feels like that stuff generally belongs as a separate thread in Marketplace.

I know I'm a bit maniacal on the subject of deals, so -- Is it just me, or are other people having a similar reaction?
Great analogy. I totally hear you. But I would suggest that the reason for the change probably has more to do with the overall evolution of the industry as a whole.

In my mind, I trace the break to when (not because of, but when) Waves ceased being an 'exclusive' brand. This signaled a recognition of a reality in the marketplace that, while product quality still varies widely, product distribution and marketing is a pretty competitive landscape that everyone must join or die.

So we're all connected by the same email blasts, web alerts, Twitter feeds and Facebook announcements before we even log in to KVR. And devs benefit from allowing wholesale access to more (not less) digital distributers. Since there's no physical inventory to maintain, there's no cost downside to opening the floodgates.

But the trade off, as you say, is an exponential amount of junk mail and electronic 'penny saver' circulars.

Ah, for the good ol' days.
Now if I could just keep those pesky neighborhood kids off my lawn... :D

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

GreyLion wrote:Lately, it seems like the Deals thread has to some extent morphed into an advertising thread.

I really support our local vendors here, but it feels odd. Kinda like, instead of it being one of the kids scurrying into the treehouse yelling "Hey, gang, look at the cool thing I found!", it's become having junk mail delivered to the treehouse.

Well, it's pretty cool that you live in a treehouse, at least.

robotmonkey wrote:use code software50 and voila!
:tu:

OzWozEre wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:use code software50 and voila!
:tu:
software50 not working for me. :( I wonder if someone realized how crazy that deal was and shut it down. Kudos if you got API for $125 or the delay and comp for $50. :-o

Coupon won't work for me either. Did anyone buy the h-comp/delay bundle and want to get rid of the delay?

The API and comp/delay bundle work with the software20 code. Not bad, but half off was no brainer type stuff. :shrug: Did anyone actually get them for 50% off?

heffus wrote:The API and comp/delay bundle work with the software20 code. Not bad, but half off was no brainer type stuff. :shrug: Did anyone actually get them for 50% off?
I'm sure many did. I myself, realizing that it was probably a mistake on the part of JRR Shop, thought I sleep it over and see how I feel about it in the morning. I already have some of their vintage EQ's and Compressors anyway, so another EQ or Compressor is not what I need. At least that was what I thought.

Now of course I do regret somewhat that I did not go for it immediately, because with the code it was exactly the price I could have justified for a thing I have no real need for. Too bad. Guess I'll spend the money on something else that adds more real value to my current sound manipulation toolkit. :shrug:

probabbly trying to calm myself here for not getting it. :cry: :help:
No signature here!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”