Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bigcat1969 wrote:The weekend ain't over yet. Ultimate $800 at MF. Who knows what Cyber Monday Holds.
Yeah, let's hope some better deal comes up. I guess I'm not in a super rush, still a lot to figure out between my Ableton 9 Suite, a bunch of IK multimedia libraries, synthmaster with addon's etc, and now toontrack grand piano and drums. The NI Komplete (and ultimate preferably of course) still seems to have some cool/better stuff, but just can't justify individual pieces even at discounted prices.

Seems odd though, why just cater to existing user-base? They are actually more locked into their products anyway (provided they are indeed really good of course).

BBFG# wrote: Saw this on the other thread...
MachineClaw wrote: http://www.heavyocity.com/
Save UP TO 50% off all orders November 28th through December 9th.
But it seems the only one that interests me is at it's regular 27% off price.

So I'll have to pass...

BBFG# wrote:
BBFG# wrote: Saw this on the other thread...
MachineClaw wrote: http://www.heavyocity.com/
Save UP TO 50% off all orders November 28th through December 9th.
But it seems the only one that interests me is at it's regular 27% off price.

So I'll have to pass...

I'm on the fence as well. was waiting for this sale and now AEON bundle is only 27% off. kind of a bummer. I know it's their newest exclusive product but still to rich for my tastes.

So it looks like if you own DrumMic'a from Sennheiser, you qualify for a Kontakt crossgrade priced at $124.50. I was hoping for $99 but this is close enough for me.

Quick question guys. If I use Reaktor to crossgrade to komplete, am I still able to sell my Reaktor license? I am guessing no.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

no

Aiynzahev wrote:Quick question guys. If I use Reaktor to crossgrade to komplete, am I still able to sell my Reaktor license? I am guessing no.
As I understand it, no. But I am wondering about the other pieces of NI I have accumulated which are also included in Komplete. And how much is the e-voucher? Maybe I can buy Razor (not included in the standard K9) while it is still half price.

Couldn't someone without any NI plugins still just purchase Kontakt at $200 and the Ultimate crossgrade at $375 and essentially get Ultimate for $575?

I qualify for the Kontakt crossgrade because of ISW Juggernaut, so I should be able to grab ultimate for $500 this way, right?

semicolonoscopy wrote:Couldn't someone without any NI plugins still just purchase Kontakt at $200 and the Ultimate crossgrade at $375 and essentially get Ultimate for $575?

I qualify for the Kontakt crossgrade because of ISW Juggernaut, so I should be able to grab ultimate for $500 this way, right?
I really don't see why you couldn't. You can add both to your cart. Hmmmmm... I am seriously considering now.
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:
semicolonoscopy wrote:Couldn't someone without any NI plugins still just purchase Kontakt at $200 and the Ultimate crossgrade at $375 and essentially get Ultimate for $575?

I really don't see why you couldn't. You can add both to your cart. Hmmmmm... I am seriously considering now.
I see what you guys are saying. If getting ultimate is the plan, I agree, not a bad total price, but since I don't need everything, the same deal for regular komplete is 200+200=400, sure, still almost 100 less than what I can get it for on Amazon, but a far cry from the 50% off, which would have been 250

Order placed for Komplete (Ultimate). Sweet. It's been on my list for a long time.

I got the cross-grade to Kontakt (I have an old EWQLSO Gold license registered with NI that qualified) and then I got the cross grade to Komplete ultimate because I now own Kontakt (although I don't have the serial number yet). I will just have to first register Kontakt and then Komplete in that order once I get my boxes. Shipping was free but I did have to pay 9% tax (I am in California). Grand total was $550.

I went with ultimate because I don't want to spend hours at the PC inserting discs and waiting (I am a dad and don't get much time at the PC) and when I looked at all the extra content that comes with Ultimate compared to the regular version, it definitely made it worthwhile for me to go with Ultimate. Razor, George Duke Soul treasures, all the Scarbee basses, Alicia's keys, all the effects, etc.. I am a happy camper :)
Play it by ear

pheeleep I think we're twins separated at birth. I grabbed Komplete through the Kontakt crossgrade as well, free shipping, but tax because I'm also in California. Ha! No kids though.

And tosvus I feel ya. I was planning on just Komplete, but went with Ultimate when this upgrade path became apparent because of the more significant savings. There doesn't seem to be a way to get Komplete for $250. If you could crossgrade to Kontakt and then grab the Komplete crossgrade from Musician's Friend with their 15% coupon you could get it for about $300. Otherwise hopefully NI does a real Komplete sale soon.

I was going to go for the Kontakt crossgrade but when I went to the checkout they added $49 for delivery (I live in New Zealand)

I then tried putting in my relatives address in the UK, and that wiped the delivery cost but the amount changed from US$124.50 to 124.50Eur which is about US$170 - that's far more than the VAT rate.

I just gave up at that point :(

Paulnz wrote:I was going to go for the Kontakt crossgrade but when I went to the checkout they added $49 for delivery (I live in New Zealand)

I then tried putting in my relatives address in the UK, and that wiped the delivery cost but the amount changed from US$124.50 to 124.50Eur which is about US$170 - that's far more than the VAT rate.

I just gave up at that point :(
welcome in europe! :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

bftucker wrote:
As I understand it, no. But I am wondering about the other pieces of NI I have accumulated which are also included in Komplete. And how much is the e-voucher? Maybe I can buy Razor (not included in the standard K9) while it is still half price.
As I remember voucher is usually $30 and can't be used on sale items. The 50% is the better deal.

And thirded that Reaktor cannot be sold.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”