Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chilln wrote:
hueynym wrote:My first Fanfare (almost 7 weeks ago) was also a 91304-xxx. The replacement (which worked) was in the 307 range.
My replacement was a 307 as well, and it DID just activate! :clap:

So, perhaps it WAS a manufacturing issue (or something similar). Regardless, the situation was unfortunate for MF and SL, and many others. I hope all works out ok.
Another success here with a 307 number.

I feel sorry for all those who didn't have theirs activated, hope you get sorted.

Im still realing. Id rather have Fanfare than the refund. I wonder if MF would consider opening a few boxes and dishing out serial numbers (ie 307)? Ive still got Fanfare installed just in case.I would be more than happy to give MF the refund back.

I spoke with Music 123 and although they pulled Fanfare from their website, the customer service guy I spoke with was willing to send me another copy over the phone. I asked if they could pull some boxes and just give me serial numbers over the phone to try as a long shot and he said they don't even have a way of contacting the warehouse other than email (probably bs). When I asked what they would do with the remaining boxes, he said they were basically just going to dispose of the them. Anyone out there reading this work at the warehouse and want to try to convince the company to provide paying customers with proof of purchase a legit license code before that happens?

Apparently this whole issue comes to down to SL pulling the codes because they were unhappy with MF/M123/GC selling the product at such a reduced price. That really says a lot about "licensing" vs "ownership" Ugh. Give me back my hardware.

When I contacted SL all they did was tell me there was a "problem with the boxed stock" for that retailer, and that I should contact them for a refund. They also offered a 50% off code for the trouble once the return was all settled. That's fine, but I was never planning on buying Fanfare for even $200 since it's such a niche product. The better way to handle this would have been to offer codes to anyone who did purchase before a certain cutoff date. Frustrating.

how would they know whether they were valid or not without registering them? if they could pull it on the phone and let you try it, that might work, but obviously a lot more work for them. there is a vague suspicion that '307' serials work, but there are never guarantees...

This is the reply I got from MF regarding Fanfare...

"I do apologize for the inconvenience. We are currently working with Native Instruments to resolve the issue. If you can provide us with the serial number, and you preferred contact method, one of our representatives, Keith, will be in contact with you to get this taken care of."

Not sure what is going on. I thought they would just offer the refund and credit.

eSoundz:
65% of selected Sampletank, Reason and Kontakt libraries.
http://www.esoundz.com/

ChaosComplete wrote:he said they don't even have a way of contacting the warehouse other than email (probably bs).
Go work for a large company and you'll see that there's more red tape than a N Korean border crossing. It's highly unlikely that the guy has any direct contacts at the warehouse in a company that size, and even less likely that they'd allow him to start opening boxes to give out serials over the phone.

I emailed Musicains Friend yesterday to see if there was a glimmer of hope of getting another serial number but I received this email this morning:

"
Subject
Sample Logic Fanfare

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Amanda) 04/25/2014 06:23 AM
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Unfortunately, all of the serials that we have were affected by this issue, and this is why we are pulling all of our stock and refunding all existing orders. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact me directly at 1-800-449-9128 ext 3133 if you have any other questions or concerns, or if you are not completely satisfied with your buying experience. My goal is to assure you have the greatest buying experience possible and assure you are 100% satisfied. Thank you for choosing Musician's Friend and have a great day!"

mmmm... they are saying all of the serials that they had were affected, which is clearly not true,

Guitar Center bundle deals won't sell to european countries!!!!
Drumazon + Komplete Elements Bundle is a steal!!!!

scalawag wrote:Guitar Center bundle deals won't sell to european countries!!!!
Drumazon + Komplete Elements Bundle is a steal!!!!
yes thats correct and to bad for us who are living in europe

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Native Instruments Elements for $9.99 from openlabs with coupon code MORESOUNDS
available until Appril 30h Midnight

http://openlabs.mybigcommerce.com/nativ ... -elements/
Cheers for the heads up. Open labs any legit (sorry not being funny, just don't knot them at all)?

Thanks,
George
Eternitysound VST Banks

And is it download or box?

kloon wrote:And is it download or box?
Ive just done a mock PayPal payment and went straight to PayPal page with the total being $9.99. No sign of postage payments.
Can anyone verify this who has completed purchase?

Just ordered. Received an email with a link to a PDF.
The PDF advises that I will receive an email from Fetchapp with download links and license key.
Will update here when that happens.

<Edit> 5 minutes later, the download link arrives with the license key - so far so good </edit>

<edit2> ISO mounted, product installed and registered with the NI service centre. All systems go </edit2>

scuzzphut wrote:Just ordered. Received an email with a link to a PDF.
The PDF advises that I will receive an email from Fetchapp with download links and license key.
Will update here when that happens.

<Edit> 5 minutes later, the download link arrives with the license key - so far so good </edit>

<edit2> ISO mounted, product installed and registered with the NI service centre. All systems go </edit2>

Nice one!!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”