Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uncle E wrote:This is just an assumption, my guess is they're actually agreeing to manufacture the boxes in exchange for these lower prices. If that's correct, their agreement might only be valid on boxes. It also might give some insight into what happened with Sample Logic.

Another possible reason is that their funders may require them to have physical inventory that can be audited.
Yes, that could be the case.

But wouldn't there be some possibilties to get tax benefits, by reducing CO2 emission from the business operation, obviously going from surface to internet transport would benefit that. In case of that, I would expect the funders to back the option that would leave most money in the kitty in the end ;)

Personally like the physical product since we don't get unlimited downloads here (ranges from about $8-$10 per GB) and ISP throttling often results in download errors making you have to re-download. It would be nice if they made the disk at time of order though. Otherwise you end up having to download the current version anyway.

Update on the NI Komplete Elements from OpenLabs ($10). NI emailed me an e-voucher today after I prompted them with a polite email to support.

chokehold wrote:
Numanoid wrote:25% off today May 1st at Falkemedia Shop, so one can for example order the latest Beat issue (May 2014) which comes with the new Linplug Alpha (Beat LE version), for just €4,43 (plus postage):
http://www.falkemedia-shop.de/catalogse ... lt/?q=beat
Ridiculous caveat emptor: PDF downloads do *NOT* come with software or DVD content!
Yeah, they don't, but wouldn't call that ridiculously illogical. Except FM or CM, which other music mags feature download options for their DVD software?

In my posting, I stated that buyers need to add postage, to imply that it has to be shipped by surface mail.

chokehold wrote:
Numanoid wrote:25% off today May 1st at Falkemedia Shop, so one can for example order the latest Beat issue (May 2014) which comes with the new Linplug Alpha (Beat LE version), for just €4,43 (plus postage):
Ridiculous caveat emptor: PDF downloads do *NOT* come with software or DVD content!
Found that out the hard way.
Don't forget though, CM was in the same boat for ages, so I not really surprised about this tbh :shrug:
Eternitysound VST Banks

Numanoid wrote:
chokehold wrote:
Yeah, they don't, but wouldn't call that ridiculously illogical. Except FM or CM, which other music mags feature download options for their DVD software?

In my posting, I stated that buyers need to add postage, to imply that it has to be shipped by surface mail.
I would think that pressing, packaging and shipping costs involved with including a DVD with the mag would far outweigh the costs of simply hosting the content for download to subscribers. I'm sure they have their reasons, but I'd be surprised if there were many mags that still had DVD's in the not too distant future.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

If you're on Windows, just grab the cheapest version of Sonar X3. Now that they've abolished plugin and track limits, you can use third-party plugins to fill in any functional gaps. I think it's the cheapest full-featured DAW for Windows on the market (unless you count the non-commercial license for Reaper).

WilliamK wrote:And a special KVR-Only Deal

What's included:
- Wusik Station V7 Full (Windows 32 and 64 bits)
- Wusik 4000 Full (Windows/MAC 32 and 64 bits, VST/AU)
- Wusik EVE V3 (Windows and MAC 32 bits)
Price: $ 59.95 USD - Limited to 10 copies total
Proving to always wait for the 'better deal' on the back end...

:roll:

BERFAB wrote:I'd be surprised if there were many mags that still had DVD's in the not too distant future.
As the market is going, I would be surprised if there still will be magazines in the not too distant future.

dwozzle wrote:Just heard from Uncle E of JRRShop that their sale on Melda Productions plugins has been extended to the end of today. Go for it!
Is there a coupon code or something to get the sale prices? Some of the Melda products are showing sale prices but most are showing full price on the JRR web site.

Numanoid wrote:As the market is going, I would be surprised if there still will be magazines in the not too distant future.
Personally, I'd rather my house guests not have their hands on my iPad at the same time as wiping their asses on the toilet seat. ;)

ToneCarver wrote:Is there a coupon code or something to get the sale prices? Some of the Melda products are showing sale prices but most are showing full price on the JRR web site.
Sorry, my fault, there are now 20 of them available at the sale price. Login to see the prices and please be aware that the quantities are very limited:

MeldaProduction Sale

Uncle E, do you do Waves bundle upgrades?

yevster wrote:Uncle E, do you do Waves bundle upgrades?
Yes. I'll PM you.

Uncle E wrote:
Numanoid wrote:As the market is going, I would be surprised if there still will be magazines in the not too distant future.
Personally, I'd rather my house guests not have their hands on my iPad at the same time as wiping their asses on the toilet seat. ;)
Mistake number 1 would be allowing your guests to wipe their asses ~on~ the toilet seat. Surely there are better ways to accomplish anal hygiene.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”