Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekadan wrote:I ordered the Supercharger -> Supercharger GT update. Worked fine. I'm european.
Got the same. Great heads up!

does anyone know how to upgrade a previous crossgrade?

ie: I got k8 as a crossgrade from Maschine.

Do i need to buy another crossgrade for k9? or do I qualify to 'upgrade' the k8 I have now? :shrug:

(edit) oh i logged in and it says 'your price £64.50' so I guess I get the cheaper upgrade price. :)
Last edited by gamecat666 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

that would be an upgrade to an existing K8.

if you have any questions, log in to your account on the NI site, and it will show you what options you have for upgrade/crossgrade.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Just remembered though they no longer support XP, so I'm out unfortunately.
Than one can be worked around quite easily...

paulbreeze wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Just remembered though they no longer support XP, so I'm out unfortunately.
True, I have performed the work-around to get Supercharger working.

Not sure I can be arsed doing it for everything though...
And to be honest I'm not sure how performance would be on XP anyway.

Actually, come to think of it - definitely out. Need to get the Inner Clock Sync Gen as a priority 8)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I'm in a bit of a dilemma... Basically, I own Komplete 9 and enough additional NI products that I virtually own K9 Ultimate. I'd love to wipe the slate clean, stop dealing with all the separate Service Center installers, and just get K9U - but even at the half price sale it'd be about as cheap to just get the remaining bits.

I've emailed and asked NI if they would consider a 'bespoke' path to K9U for customers like myself - maybe I could surrender all my registered serials back to them and there'd be a less expensive bespoke cross-grade to K9U. It'd save NI huge amounts of time administrating my deregistration emails and transfer requests, for starters.

Has anyone else contacted NI in this way, or am I probably wasting my time? Anyone else with 'almost K9U' in receipts?

I think it's a sensible request for both NI and me, but I'll wait and see if there's a useful solution before going through the usual route of deregistering everything, selling it on here, then emailing NI with transfer request emails, then sending out a hundred PM's etc etc etc...
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne

Anyone know if the upgrade to K9 Ultimate (from K8) comes on a hard drive, or is it disc installers?

Mushy Mushy wrote:
paulbreeze wrote:
I still use vista x64 and it is also not supported, but here is what I did :
http://www.psychomix.org/old/audio/ni-k9-on-vista-x64

elxsound wrote:Anyone know if the upgrade to K9 Ultimate (from K8) comes on a hard drive, or is it disc installers?
It comes on a 2.5" HDD.

paterpeter wrote:
elxsound wrote:Anyone know if the upgrade to K9 Ultimate (from K8) comes on a hard drive, or is it disc installers?
It comes on a 2.5" HDD.
Nice... I guess I'll be jumping on board with the updgrade. :)

paulbreeze wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:
paulbreeze wrote:
I still use vista x64 and it is also not supported, but here is what I did :
http://www.psychomix.org/old/audio/ni-k9-on-vista-x64
:clap:

That looks relatively painless. Thanks for that!
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote:
_emanon_ wrote:KOMPLETE 9 OFFERS
Update from KOMPLETE 2-8: $74.50
In EU you need to pay Euro's = €74,5 = $101

danbroad wrote:I'm in a bit of a dilemma... Basically, I own Komplete 9 and enough additional NI products that I virtually own K9 Ultimate. I'd love to wipe the slate clean, stop dealing with all the separate Service Center installers, and just get K9U - but even at the half price sale it'd be about as cheap to just get the remaining bits.

I've emailed and asked NI if they would consider a 'bespoke' path to K9U for customers like myself - maybe I could surrender all my registered serials back to them and there'd be a less expensive bespoke cross-grade to K9U. It'd save NI huge amounts of time administrating my deregistration emails and transfer requests, for starters.

Has anyone else contacted NI in this way, or am I probably wasting my time? Anyone else with 'almost K9U' in receipts?

I think it's a sensible request for both NI and me, but I'll wait and see if there's a useful solution before going through the usual route of deregistering everything, selling it on here, then emailing NI with transfer request emails, then sending out a hundred PM's etc etc etc...
Really the best way is to just sell them on here individually. Even if you sell them off for 50% depending on how many you have youd most likely easily cover the cost of the upgrade plus have a bunch left over. Thats what i did when i did a crossgrade from reaktor a few years back, sold off a bunch of their vst's i owned individually and basically made the crossgrade free

I need a copy of an older Guitar Rig (even 1 would do) so I can take advantage of the update sale, as I had been wanting to buy GR 5 Pro. Anyone wanting to sell theirs please pm me.

Where else on the internet can I find someone selling GR? I have looked around but even on slutz and gearpage, I don't see many software sales.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

paterpeter wrote:
It comes on a 2.5" HDD.
Just as a caveat, in case you were hoping to be able to run K9 from its hard drive (as I was) - it's an INSTALL ONLY device, and requires 2 USB plugs (cable provided) for power.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”