Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

antithesist wrote:but I do think it's a slimey move on audio deluxe's part to require a purchase.
TBF; for the last few months, my purchases with AudioDeluxe have beat JRR every time. Sometimes only because JRR kept monkeying with the price and discounts from one day to the next. While I shop at both and go for who does best at the moment, I wouldn't call this anything as far as 'slimy'. I did however sideline JRR for awhile after their antics in donating 'regular free with purchase items' to the auction while bidding a monopoly for multiple of the same products they carry on their own. Manipulative maybe, though I wouldn't call that 'slimy' either. But it did leave me with a tinge of aversion towards them to get over. I try to be very watchful over all the dealers. None are slime, it's just their business to always consider the bottom line first. Which is always understandable.
Caveat emptor always applies regardless of who the seller is.

antithesist wrote:
murnau wrote:iZotope allowed the retailers to give away this (for a certain time free) product too so i don't quite get where the problem is with JRR? Maybe you blame iZotope that they didn't offer it exlusively? Or blame JRR that they didn't told you that you can get if from iZotope as well instead dared to offer it to their customers. LOL
For the record, I have no problem with JRR at all, especially concerning this, but I do think it's a slimey move on audio deluxe's part to require a purchase.

Otherwise, I think we beat this one to death.
With AD that is of course right! I even say it is pretty stupid to do this.. ..they will regret it.. :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Nspace wrote:@Kingryan, thank you for your triple! attempt to share the cue.
kingryan wrote:@Nspace Or wait for an offer. They offered it for free last year. I still have to send both my HD600's in though, but I only have to pay shipping.
Sometimes one doesn't know the post is actually there

The status bar got stuck after submitting. Even though I cancelled, it got submitted anyway. Just trying to help...

OK, stupid instead of slimey, then.

Is everyone satisfied with this assessment, or do we continue beating Mr. Ed (RIP).
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

I suppose every company does a few things that seem questionable, but overall I've found JRR, AudioDeluxe and everyplugin to be reliable so I just go for whichever one is cheaper, which in recent times is most often everyplugin.

Hans25 wrote:Realitone Valentines Day sale, Realivox Ladies $110 off, Realidrums $100 off - http://realitone.com/
The man is back in town :tu:

Fleer wrote:
Hans25 wrote:Realitone Valentines Day sale, Realivox Ladies $110 off, Realidrums $100 off - http://realitone.com/
The man is back in town :tu:
Yep! Hans is back! God bless him! :tu: :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

zakufan wrote:Uncle E, do you have any Sonarworks license left at sale price?
Yes. Please PM me and I'll get you the sale price, including the extra discount.

degas666 wrote:Same here. No extra license.
Please send a message through our Contacts page and we'll get you taken care of:

www.jrrshop.com/contacts

soundbylaura wrote:Is there any compelling reason (besides GAS) to pick up the Waves CLA-3A today if I already have MJUC and the new Nomad Factory Bus Driver? I have a Waves voucher that would drop the price down another $12.
If those are your only two compressors, I'd say it's worth getting for $37. It's certainly a different flavor and form of dynamics control from the two you listed.

Nspace wrote:Since then, I had good communication with Karl from Sonarworks support. Who basically confirmed what i found when installed the plugin: There is only a limited amount of Headphones profiles. Quite small database I reckon. And my dear Senns HD 380 PROs are not on the lucky ones' list.
We can refund you. I don't want you to be stuck with something that doesn't work for you.

FWIW, I'm thinking of sending in my headphones and will be asking them to not charge me.

Numanoid wrote:New from Zero-G/Si Begg is Extreme Vocal Environments with scripted Kontakt GUI (full version required)

Intro at $56 (without VAT), regular price will be $70 (without VAT)

http://www.timespace.com/product/EVE-11 ... ad%29.html
This sounds excellent but I'll wait till Zero-G does one of their crazy sales.

Uncle E wrote:This sounds excellent but I'll wait till Zero-G does one of their crazy sales.
Give it six months and I bet they will do a sale at half price then.

Another niggle I have with Extreme Environments is that it is CPU intensive, so that is also holding me back on getting EVE

BBFG# wrote:TBF; for the last few months, my purchases with AudioDeluxe have beat JRR every time.
For anything that works with the "Group" coupon code, our prices are usually lower.
Sometimes only because JRR kept monkeying with the price and discounts from one day to the next.
:?:

The only time I know of us changing the price on the regular site is with the new Softube Drawmer S73, on which someone accidentally turned off extra discounts. In that case, we gave gift vouchers to all the early buyers to cover the difference.

Our Blowout Site is a little different. Our regular site with the "Group" coupon is often times a better deal, the Blowout Site is usually only a better on special occasions.

I must say that everytime i got in touch with Uncle over KvR he always helped me out without any hassle. That alone is priceless! Even if i could save a buck (which often i can't anyway because the prices are nearly the same) i stick to JRR. :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”