Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So you're saying I can upgrade to Waves Mercury bundle for a discount directly from Waves.com? And it automatically calculates a discount based on how many products I currently own? And discounts further for each additional single product I happen to buy during sales?

If so, that'd be of interest depending on how steep of a discount I could get on the higher end bundles.

I already own Gold and probably 20+ other plugins.

But I have to say, I'm not finding the method to do so on the waves site. Can someone guide me through it? Thanks so much.

Edit: I just figured it out. Seems I have to click on each and every product I already own and it shows me on the right hand side what the upgrade prices are for every product above it.

Still pricey.

Mercury + Studio Classics - $5,306
Mercury - $5,288
Broadcast and Surround Suite - $2,427
Diamond - $2,133
Broadcast & Production - $2,007
Grand Masters Collection - $1,454
Horizon + Restoration + WLM - $1,244
Platinum - $1,208
360° Surround Tools - $1,120
Studio Classics Collection - $1,065
Horizon - $910
Sound Design Suite - $800
H-Series - $478
Dave Clarke EMP Toolbox - $460
Morgan Page EMP Toolbox - $449
Masters - $400
Gold + RenMaxx - $201

koolkeys wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:But I am not a big fan of Windows 10. It turns a computer into a big tablet. If I wanted a tablet, I would have bought one. I want to be able to look at multiple programs at once. But it wants to run apps that allow only one thing open at a time. It isn't really that bad, I just had to load a number of programs that it already has as "apps" like PDF reader.
If you are on a laptop, it shouldn't default to the tablet interface. It has the start menu that Windows is known for, and you can add the tiles to it, but you don't HAVE to (though I personally love them in the start menu, amazing way to organize apps I use often). Other than that, it doesn't run any differently than previous versions of Windows. It DOES have some store apps that are a little limited, but honestly, I've never touched the store or touch versions of apps since upgrading my two machines. Maybe you have some settings that got transferred or accidentally set? It just sounds odd to hear something describe Win10 like that. Windows 8, yes. It was bad from these perspectives until they updated it. But Windows 10 doesn't force the tablet stuff on you. At least it never has for me.

Brent
This is true. I think my complaint came from when I first downloaded it. It is on a laptop I rarely use because it has minimal memory. I bought it for work travel and never properly set up the default programs. And the screen was always sideways when I opened it, though I have that semi-fixed.

I've just have had to deal with training my husband on his new laptop. His old one was running Vista. I don't know what he does but it is always messed up as far as I'm concerned. :wink:

Rational wrote:So you're saying I can upgrade to Waves Mercury bundle for a discount directly from Waves.com? And it automatically calculates a discount based on how many products I currently own? And discounts further for each additional single product I happen to buy during sales?

If so, that'd be of interest depending on how steep of a discount I could get on the higher end bundles.

But I have to say, I'm not finding the method to do so on the waves site. Can someone guide me through it? Thanks so much.

Edit: I just figured it out. Seems I have to click on each and every product I already own and it shows me on the right hand side what the upgrade prices are for every product above it.

Still pricey.

Mercury - $5,288
Diamond - $2,133
Platinum - $1,208
Horizon - $910
H-Series - $478
Masters - $400
Gold + RenMaxx - $201
It's only worth it when the bundles are on sale. Keep an eye out around Black Friday and cyber Monday. Though they recently had Mercury on sale maybe a month ago?

I just really lucked out with my timing. They were switching from Native/TDM to Soundgrid, so everything was heavily discounted. I think Mercury was less than $2,000 to buy outright for Native.

You can get the upgrades cheaper from a third party vendor. I did my final Mercury upgrade at everyplugin.com.

You should definitely wait until Mercury goes on sale. They do that once in a while.

Horizon is fairly cheap right now.

Rational wrote:So you're saying I can upgrade to Waves Mercury bundle for a discount directly from Waves.com? And it automatically calculates a discount based on how many products I currently own? And discounts further for each additional single product I happen to buy during sales?

Still pricey.

Mercury - $5,288
Diamond - $2,133
Platinum - $1,208
Horizon - $910
H-Series - $478
Masters - $400
Gold + RenMaxx - $201
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

AFAYK do plug-ins companies participate in black friday or cyber mondey so that it is worth it to wait?

mementus wrote:AFAYK do plug-ins companies participate in black friday or cyber mondey so that it is worth it to wait?
Absolutely! Expect heaps of deals that'll make your wallet scream in agony :wink:

Well, at least that's how it has been in recent years, and I don't expect it to change.

paterpeter wrote:
mementus wrote:AFAYK do plug-ins companies participate in black friday or cyber mondey so that it is worth it to wait?
Absolutely! Expect heaps of deals that'll make your wallet scream in agony :wink:

Well, at least that's how it has been in recent years, and I don't expect it to change.
If you have GAS check out this thread
2016 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Wish list
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=471389

and don't forget to check out
Call to Arms: Charity 2016
viewtopic.php?p=6595712

And
Call to Arms: Charity 2016 (2nd hand area)
viewtopic.php?p=6595787

A dev has gone spam crazy and added all his soundsets as being "related" to the "Bargains only" thread

So then everybody can do it I guess, but will they remember to remove when the sale is over :P

What adds up to this is that because of my sceen resoulution the first of this "related" soundsets shows up as "Anal" on my screen (Analog something) :o :lol: :hihi:

Same here, and not only that: Anal is followed by Big D...

:hihi: :hihi:

Too much information :dog:

I saw this and thought "It's Biome Digital isn't it?"

...goes to check. Yup.

Numanoid wrote:Anal is followed by Big D...
:scared:

Numanoid wrote:TimewARP 70% off, costing $60 at Plugin Boutique

http://www.pluginboutique.com/product/1 ... ewARP-2600
Can I say, this is crazy? I got all these plugins for something like $120 but separately it is about 4 times that amount.

I am really happy that I discovered this thread - well the other one. Though I am a lot less rich and have too many instruments that I haven't figured out how to use.....

Numanoid wrote:Same here, and not only that: Anal is followed by Big D...

:hihi: :hihi:
Noticed "deep" and "enter" later in the sequence.
Where's Finbarr Saunders when you need him..

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”