Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MillerSam -- Not cool, posting your personal sale in the Bargains Only thread. What if everybody did it? That way lies madness. IMHO.

GreyLion wrote:MillerSam -- Not cool, posting your personal sale in the Bargains Only thread. What if everybody did it? That way lies madness. IMHO.
I think it is a border line case, on the right side of the border.

Licenses are not registered.

I see it like a third party vendor having a clear out sale.

+1

Thanks Numanoid

It's a special sponsored sale for financing my Blog and Youtube Channel coverage from January NAMM Show
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Works for me. Just don't blame me when people start selling all the gifts they got that they don't want -- Xmas fruit cakes, badly fitting pants, inspirational books, etc. :P

GreyLion wrote:MillerSam -- Not cool, posting your personal sale in the Bargains Only thread. What if everybody did it? That way lies madness. IMHO.
Agreed!

GreyLion wrote:Works for me. Just don't blame me when people start selling all the gifts they got that they don't want -- Xmas fruit cakes, badly fitting pants, inspirational books, etc. :P
I've got this bridge in Brooklyn that hasn't been registered yet..... :D

dzilizzi wrote:
GreyLion wrote:Works for me. Just don't blame me when people start selling all the gifts they got that they don't want -- Xmas fruit cakes, badly fitting pants, inspirational books, etc. :P
I've got this bridge in Brooklyn that hasn't been registered yet..... :D
Oh Hai, I have a wonderful book for you.......

Paypal accepted.........

systmu wrote:For those who have or tried both how does Uvi Tines Anthology compare to Neo Soul Keys. I've been needing to get a good Rhodes instrument and I missed the VST buzz sale for NSK.
We have some leftover Neo Soul Keys licenses from the last 40% off sale. How much was VST Buzz selling it for?

ghettosynth wrote:
Agreed!
I don't really get the beef about it.

To take an example when HG Sounds held the group buy, there was a separate thread in the sales forum, as well as users often posted links to it in the bargain sales thread. Nobody complained then.

MillerSam is in this case selling off unused licenses, like a third party vendor having a clear out sale of boxed software, limited.

The most important thing for me is that he is selling at a very good price.

That sale is among the best I have seen this month.

Uncle E wrote: We have some leftover Neo Soul Keys licenses from the last 40% off sale. How much was VST Buzz selling it for?
VSTbuzz had it at 60% off and selling it for €69.99. So $75 for the UVI version.

I definitely would like to grab that instead but I think you had it a good bit higher. Let me know though. Thanks

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Agreed!
I don't really get the beef about it.

To take an example when HG Sounds held the group buy, there was a separate thread in the sales forum, as well as users often posted links to it in the bargain sales thread. Nobody complained then.
Completely different. A group buy is not a one off sale.
MillerSam is in this case selling off unused licenses, like a third party vendor having a clear out sale of boxed software, limited.

The most important thing for me is that he is selling at a very good price.
Well, if you want to get it, then try reading what people are saying, because it's not that. The most important thing is that if it's ok to post your one off sale as a non-vendor in the bargains thread then everyone will start doing it and it will damage the quality of that thread. It's already bad enough that certain sound designers post their marginal sales in there, repeatedly.

I don't care what prices they are being sold for, he is an individual selling a few one off licenses, not a vendor, his posts belong in the Buy/Sell thread and not the bargain thread.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghettosynth wrote: Well, if you want to get it, then try reading what people are saying, because it's not that. The most important thing is that if it's ok to post your one off sale as a non-vendor in the bargains thread then everyone will start doing it and it will damage the quality of that thread. It's already bad enough that certain sound designers post their marginal sales in their, repeatedly.

I don't care what prices they are being sold for, he is an individual selling a few one off licenses, not a vendor, his posts belong in the Buy/Sell thread and not the bargain thread.
Perfect point!

ghettosynth wrote:It's already bad enough that certain sound designers post their marginal sales in their, repeatedly.
Not to talk about the idiots posting links to compos in that thread, thinking it is a bargain :hihi:
ghettosynth wrote:The most important thing is that if it's ok to post your one off sale as a non-vendor in the bargains thread then everyone will start doing it and it will damage the quality of that thread.
If somebody can deliver an unused licence in less than 5 minutes after payment done, at about the lowest price I have seen, and it is all legit.

How is that gonna damage the quality of that thread :nutter:

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:It's already bad enough that certain sound designers post their marginal sales in their, repeatedly.
Not to talk about the idiots posting links to compos in that thread, thinking it is a bargain :hihi:
ghettosynth wrote:The most important thing is that if it's ok to post your one off sale as a non-vendor in the bargains thread then everyone will start doing it and it will damage the quality of that thread.
If somebody can deliver an unused licence in less than 5 minutes after payment done, at about the lowest price I have seen, and it is all legit.

How is that gonna damage the quality of that thread :nutter:
So we can all post our licenses ready to deliver in the Bargain Center thread, great :)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”