Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Folks, question about FXpansion upgrade (Geist\DCAM) - after upgrade the previous versions will still available in account ?
Yes, they are still in the account.
Oh thanks for quick reply.

Oh damn, made just now, besides that it is still in account, Geist2 after upgrade provide to pick two any commercial packs for you choise for free (i hope understood correctly) hmm, very good deal.

systmu wrote:Maag EQ 4 is $79 on PA. IF you still have your voucher your talking $50 or less. Is this a must have at this price? I hear good things

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... g_eq4.html
This is an excellent musical EQ that is great for woody lower mid rage type sounds real or synthetic. But in general it is also a good EQ for wide band moves and some interaction between bands. A good tonal shaping plugin. Try the demo. But yes at <$80 its a good plugin to have if you are into EQ for shaping tone.

Numanoid wrote:I don't get the big deal about the Bitley group buy

$73 for Fairlight Kontakt lib, is it even Kontakt Player compatible? :shrug:
I'm with you. It is a few Kontakt libraries that aren't really my thing. You do need the full Kontakt to use it from what I see. Not that it is a problem for me. But then there are a bunch of presets for products I don't own. The sounds seem good quality, but I already have enough similar stuff. I think if it is the kind of music you use and you have the programs that the presets work with? It probably is a good deal.

The Bitley Group Buy really isn't a group buy anymore in that the developer has "maxed it out" already. So, you get the full 1,400+ patches for $73. They have the default Kontakt interface, but they are quite playable in my trial so far. The samples sound good to my ears.

I got them because of the nostalgia as I love those gritty sounds from the 80s. For me, I think of early Pet Shop Boys sounds, for instance.

This seemed like a great opportunity to get tons of great sounds from the Fairlight and others at a good price.

You certainly don't have the stylized interface that you find in the UVI products that try to cover the same ground. However, (1) you get way more presets, covering far more machines here (sounds from Fairlight, Synclavier, DX, etc are all in this package), (2) you don't need ilok so these are more easily portable to my other machines, and (3) $73 is cheaper than most of the single UVI libraries.

If you listen to the demos and like the sounds, then I think you'll be pleased.

jsp1979 wrote:They have the default Kontakt interface, but they are quite playable in my trial so far.
Default Kontakt interface = no real Kontakt interface.

I felt that this is a quite eclectic library that has a lot of very nice patches and is certainly appealing to some. I was just a bit too bare bones in terms of usability to convince me it is worth the group buy price.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

jsp1979 wrote:You certainly don't have the stylized interface that you find in the UVI products that try to cover the same ground. However, (1) you get way more presets, covering far more machines here (sounds from Fairlight, Synclavier, DX, etc are all in this package), (2) you don't need ilok so these are more easily portable to my other machines, and (3) $73 is cheaper than most of the single UVI libraries.
Hollow Sun vintage samplers (Fairlight and EII) with scripted Kontakt GUI costs £15
http://www.hollowsun.com/HS2/products/v ... /index.htm

Hollow Sun makes quality products, of course, and that's a good one. However, there are only 30 or so sounds in that set. Someone had mentioned UVI's libraries so I made the comparison.

You can also find some nice Hollow Sun content for free for TAL Sampler (in the proprietary format). Scroll down for it.

https://tal-software.com/products/tal-sampler

I'm not trying to convince anyone to buy, btw. If it doesn't seem worth it, then don't buy. Not a big deal.

Numanoid wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:You certainly don't have the stylized interface that you find in the UVI products that try to cover the same ground. However, (1) you get way more presets, covering far more machines here (sounds from Fairlight, Synclavier, DX, etc are all in this package), (2) you don't need ilok so these are more easily portable to my other machines, and (3) $73 is cheaper than most of the single UVI libraries.
Hollow Sun vintage samplers (Fairlight and EII) with scripted Kontakt GUI costs £15
http://www.hollowsun.com/HS2/products/v ... /index.htm

And the UVI product, which is really rather nicely developed, is on sale right now (or was yesterday) for $79 with SPL Transient Designer Plus.

The UVI product was on sale in September of last year as well for a similar price. I watched several videos and passed on it at the time. This particular group buy, is really just a sale at this point so, again, comparing prices, this thing seems overpriced compared to the much more functional UVI product.

The Hollow Sun product has a pretty basic interface as well, but at $15, I'm not sure that I could complain too much about that.

I get the iLok squeamishness, but, a lot of us don't care and actually prefer iLok. So, it seems to me that the best value in this market is still the UVI product, no?

I think that if I cared more about the Fairlight, that would be my choice.

Don't forget UVI Synth Legacy which includes the Fairlight (as well as Synclavier and DX and 47 others) and is $50 regular with quite frequent sales at $30.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

epiphaneia wrote:
KeithAdv wrote:
cooljazz58 wrote:More on: Bitley Fairlight/Synclav Group Buy Offer (Deadline by Monday 15.00 Central European Time)
This wins my vote as the best intentioned/worst marketed group buy ever! :)
+1.000

That guy lost me when he started out charging (by percentage) more for his "group buy starter package" than what the sounds would have cost regularly, and then just blurly stated that "things will get better if more people participate".

Now I admit I´m quick to suspect "shadiness" while that proposal might just have been less-than-clever marketing :party:

Anyway, for those who jumped right in: Are these sounds good enough (and even for someone with a big sample library: /different/ enough, from, let´s say, the UVI darklight and emulation volumes) to justify jumping on board?
If you learned anything is how not to do a group buy. They should be simple.

If you still need a good advice for the bitley group buy just check the posts of jsp1979 here as he covered all valid points.
The advice for the Hollow Sun library as replacement for this monster package with way more sounds is laughable.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:If you still need a good advice for the bitley group buy just check the posts of jsp1979 here as he covered all valid points.
The advice for the Hollow Sun library as replacement for this monster package with way more sounds is laughable.
You're not getting it man. I think that the group buy wasn't that successful for a number of reasons, however, a big part of it is that the value doesn't seem all that clear. I think that the UVI product is a much better and more flexible option.

Obviously you're convinced that it's a good value, but, that conviction isn't enough to convince others. If you can't actually explain why you think it's a good value, then you aren't going to change minds.

The Darklight is interesting - I presume it fills in the missing gap in the Arturia one which is the samler aspect of the Fairlight? - however I'd rather UVI reduced the Darklight further than bundle a plugin I'd never use.

I bought the Bitley Fairlight set, mostly out of curiosity. I have to say, I am happy with it - lots of nice sounds in the set for sure. I don't think I would have paid more than the group buy price though.
Last edited by audington on Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”