Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:Steinberg have The Grand 3 and Halion Symphonic Orchestra for 50% off on sale ATM. I wonder if the Symphonic Orchestra is any good?
I'm curious myself. Because I really need another orchestra. *insert sarcastic smiley here* But it is only $50 for a full orchestra. And Halion is fairly easy to use, if I remember correctly. I don't actually use it much as I have so many Kontakt libraries. But Kontakt can get complicated if you are using multiple outputs. I guess I will look over at VI Forum and see what they say.

Has Beat Magazine have changed their subscription policy? Starting a half year sub (€45 in Germany) seems now is enough to get at free plugin like Tone2 Nemesis, Tassman 4, Wiggle or other stuff

https://www.falkemedia-abo.de/aboservice/beat/jahresabo

dzilizzi wrote:
chk071 wrote:Steinberg have The Grand 3 and Halion Symphonic Orchestra for 50% off on sale ATM. I wonder if the Symphonic Orchestra is any good?
I'm curious myself. Because I really need another orchestra. *insert sarcastic smiley here* But it is only $50 for a full orchestra. And Halion is fairly easy to use, if I remember correctly. I don't actually use it much as I have so many Kontakt libraries. But Kontakt can get complicated if you are using multiple outputs. I guess I will look over at VI Forum and see what they say.
As an orchestra unto itself, no.
But as an integral part of HALion 5/6, well worth the price IMO.
And I actually prefer the Grand 3 pianos over any included in Komplete Ultimate or XLN. (YMMV) Although my 'go-to' for many is still Pianoteq. (I love the 'historical's). And it would be nice if you could add Grand 3 as a library to HALion as well, but you can't AFAIK.

Numanoid wrote:Has Beat Magazine have changed their subscription policy? Starting a half year sub (€45 in Germany) seems now is enough to get at free plugin like Tone2 Nemesis, Tassman 4, Wiggle or other stuff

Includes ImpactSoundworks Pearl Grand, Sonokinetic Tutti or Woodwinds (or Ostinato) and MusicLab RealGuitar4.

Rational wrote:Anyone ever heard of this company and this offer? Legit?

https://eraserfase.com/collections/samp ... m-machines
I tried out the order process, which went smooth.

What the zip includes is "the drum club - kit 004 THE MEGA BUNDLE"

I googled for that and came up with this best hit for source:
http://beattapeco-op.com/?p=10896

2131 one-shot wav samples from 68 machines

Numanoid wrote:Has Beat Magazine have changed their subscription policy? Starting a half year sub (€45 in Germany) seems now is enough to get at free plugin like Tone2 Nemesis, Tassman 4, Wiggle or other stuff

They're really funny. It is a subscription for a full year, and due to "comfort reasons", they state the half year price, which is getting charged every half a year. :dog: So, ya, only possible to subscribe for a full year, for 2 times 44,90... i mean... for 90 €. :P Typical quasi scam stuff, as usual these days. Be aware.

Actually, i would have picked up Nemesis, if a sub for half a year for 44,90 € would be possible. But, this way, nah. Can invest those 90 € in a better way. When i last subscribed to Beat mag, it still was 69 € for a year.
Last edited by chk071 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBFG# wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
As an orchestra unto itself, no.
Think i'll pick it up anyway. 50 € for an orchestra of reasonable quality seems alright to me.

chk071 wrote:They're really funny. It is a subscription for a full year, and due to "comfort reasons", they state the half year price, which is getting charged every half a year. :dog: So, ya, only possible to subscribe for a full year, for 2 times 44,90... i mean... for 90 €. :P Typical quasi scam stuff, as usual these days.
Thanks for clearing that up, I was afraid it could be something like that :(

I am not fluent enough in German to understand the small print, the big €44.90 stated up front is what draws me in :oops:

You know what? I almost think they do that on purpose, simply because non-native german speakers are not aware that the stated price is just for half a year, and you have to subscribe for a year. Hell, i even think they do that to fool german customers. Absolutely typical.

Then again, Sonokinetic Woodwinds is $299

Sure. But the one year subscription is 90 €, not 44,90 €, as it is stated on the site, and when you don't thoroughly read the description, and the fine print, then you fall for it.

What i dislike is the style. They have to state the price for a year, not some half year price that you have to pay 2 times. What's next, it's getting charged quarter yearly, and they state 22,49 € for the sub? :lol:

chk071 wrote:You know what? I almost think they do that on purpose, simply because non-native german speakers are not aware that the stated price is just for half a year, and you have to subscribe for a year. Hell, i even think they do that to fool german customers. Absolutely typical.
I would have to say to me it is false advertising, looking at the image it seems logical that a user should not pay more, as €44.90 + €0 = €44.90

This is how the offer should look to be fair to the possible customer:

I guess they justify why they have jacked up the total annual price to €89,80 is because "Jetzt inkl. Workzone"

Fleer wrote:Then again, Sonokinetic Woodwinds is $299
LOL! I have been looking at that. So the Woodwinds for 90 euros seems good. But I can't read German, so I'm not sure the magazine is even worth it.

dzilizzi wrote:
LOL! I have been looking at that. So the Woodwinds for 90 euros seems good. But I can't read German, so I'm not sure the magazine is even worth it.
You have no guarantee that you get what you select even if they confirm it on request. Happen to me twice in the past. Really a bunch of idiots. This half year advert is typical for them.

PS. The whole Beat isn't worth reading anyway for most of us, totally towards beginners.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
You have no guarantee that you get what you select even if they confirm it on request. Happen to me twice in the past. Really a bunch of idiots. This half year advert is typical for them.

PS. The whole Beat isn't worth reading anyway for most of us, totally towards beginners.
Ah, so potential bait and switch. Sorry, we only had a limited number of copies of that - like one. You will have to go with the normally free product that you already got from Computer Magazine.

thanks I will pass on this .... And wait for SonoKinectic's Holiday sales.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”