Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dzilizzi wrote:thanks I will pass on this .... And wait for SonoKinectic's Holiday sales.
I think that is a good decision.

Another hurdle with Beat Mag subscription, is that they only accept payment by direct bank transfer, no paypal or even creditcard.

For customers outside the EU, direct bank transfer can require some bank fees on top of the payment to Beat (in my country almost €10).

Beat also doesn't take credit cards. You have to do a Euro-style bank transfer. A year ago I subscribed to get a free copy of Heavyocity's AEON Complete. I had to send the money using TransferWise (a money transfer system that can do the ABN thing Beat requires). It took a bit of email but in the end it did work out. I got my free copy of AEON and a year of Beat delivered to my house in the USA. You do have to make sure you cancel it early (3 or 4 months before it expires I think) since they will auto-renew. And no you can't take their free offer on renewal, must have a year off I think. So I canceled and maybe next year will look and see what they are offering. The payment was a bit of a pain. The magazine isn't all that different than English Computer Music magazines. You can read it using Google Translate on a phone/tablet with a camera (though it's painful). Their DVD offerings have gotten less interesting. If they took Visa/Mastercard/Paypal and could offer a digital sub with download content it would be much more interesting. Of course they might not throw in the free software if they did that.
-Matt

msorrels wrote: Their DVD offerings have gotten less interesting. If they took Visa/Mastercard/Paypal and could offer a digital sub with download content it would be much more interesting.
+1

Half of the content of the DVD is for the most part devoted to samples, that already can be downloaded for free from the creator vendor in the first place.

chk071 wrote:You know what? I almost think they do that on purpose, simply because non-native german speakers are not aware that the stated price is just for half a year, and you have to subscribe for a year. Hell, i even think they do that to fool german customers. Absolutely typical.
Beat Mag is the worst. Apart from the "sorry, we just ran out of the free stuff you wanted with your subscription" they refuse (yes REFUSE) to publish a list of the content on their monthly DVD !
I've asked them more than once how difficult it could be to just add a list of the content to the online description of their mags and the answer was smth along the lines of "it is to complex to do that" ! (seriously!) :dog:
So atm there is no way to find out what exactly you are supposed to buy w/o buying it before ! :party:
...and the mag is ... well ... last time I bought one it had a 4 (!) mic comparison/shoot out ... 4 mics (!) ... 1 dynamic, 2 condenser and 1 ribbon ! - great shoot out :dog:

Seems Comparisonics FindSounds Palette is free now:

http://www.findsounds.com/palette.html

Pretty awesome.

dzilizzi wrote:
murnau wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
Fleer wrote:Then again, Sonokinetic Woodwinds is $299
LOL! I have been looking at that. So the Woodwinds for 90 euros seems good. But I can't read German, so I'm not sure the magazine is even worth it.
You have no guarantee that you get what you select even if they confirm it on request. Happen to me twice in the past. Really a bunch of idiots. This half year advert is typical for them.

PS. The whole Beat isn't worth reading anyway for most of us, totally towards beginners.
Ah, so potential bait and switch. Sorry, we only had a limited number of copies of that - like one. You will have to go with the normally free product that you already got from Computer Magazine.

thanks I will pass on this .... And wait for SonoKinectic's Holiday sales.
I doubt that any upcoming sales for their bigger libraries will even comes close to 90 euros.

pascal020 wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
murnau wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
Fleer wrote:Then again, Sonokinetic Woodwinds is $299
LOL! I have been looking at that. So the Woodwinds for 90 euros seems good. But I can't read German, so I'm not sure the magazine is even worth it.
You have no guarantee that you get what you select even if they confirm it on request. Happen to me twice in the past. Really a bunch of idiots. This half year advert is typical for them.

PS. The whole Beat isn't worth reading anyway for most of us, totally towards beginners.
Ah, so potential bait and switch. Sorry, we only had a limited number of copies of that - like one. You will have to go with the normally free product that you already got from Computer Magazine.

thanks I will pass on this .... And wait for SonoKinectic's Holiday sales.
I doubt that any upcoming sales for their bigger libraries will even comes close to 90 euros.
The key thing was, I was going to spend 90 euros and probably not get the product I wanted.

Also? Last year I got some really great deals on SonoKinetic products, including Ostinato Strings for free. Which is much less than the 90 eurors it would cost me to maybe get it from Beat. Maybe.

Numanoid wrote:
msorrels wrote: Their DVD offerings have gotten less interesting. If they took Visa/Mastercard/Paypal and could offer a digital sub with download content it would be much more interesting.
+1

Half of the content of the DVD is for the most part devoted to samples, that already can be downloaded for free from the creator vendor in the first place.
Each issue of CM comes with a brand new sample pack created exclusively for us, that can't be obtained anywhere else.

We also include selected offerings from big-name sample brands' paid-for packs. And also CM-exclusive samples from our archives.

Cheers,

Joe Rossitter
Editor
Computer Music

:D lol - That part was about the German Beat mag and not CM. I doubt that anyone on this planet would buy a Beat instead of a CM ;-) (not even in Germany) :D

autodafe wrote:IK Multimedia is having a 50% off Miroslav Philarmonik 2 (full or upgrade/crossgrade).
Available at their website at the moment, from 18 to 27 july apparently.
Other reseller should also carry it soon...
Still thinking about this one. Must be its lowest price. And I've got gear credits in the IK Custom Shop.

Joe CM wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
+1

Each issue of CM comes with a brand new sample pack created exclusively for us, that can't be obtained anywhere else.

We also include selected offerings from big-name sample brands' paid-for packs. And also CM-exclusive samples from our archives.

Cheers,

Joe Rossitter
Editor
Computer Music
We don't have a problem with CM,at least I don't. This discussion was about Beat magazine. CM digital has been great. It is the easiest to use of any I have tried. :tu:

I also get Music Tech. Half of their digital DVD's won't open. Something about how We Transfer zips them. I have tried multiple programs to unzip, but most of them don't work. And you can only go back 5 issues.

Fleer wrote:Still thinking about this one. Must be its lowest price. And I've got gear credits in the IK Custom Shop.
The crossgrade price is stellar. Even the full version is at a good price, lower than when we did an exclusive sale with them on it.

dzilizzi wrote:We don't have a problem with CM,at least I don't. This discussion was about Beat magazine. CM digital has been great. It is the easiest to use of any I have tried. :tu:
+1

CMVault has worked great so far, hope FileSilo will be just as good.

If Beat Magazine could offer something similar for their exclusive content, the possibility to download it from a member site like CMVault, instead of having to wait for snailmail to deliver the DVD, I think more users would warm to them.

Numanoid wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:We don't have a problem with CM,at least I don't. This discussion was about Beat magazine. CM digital has been great. It is the easiest to use of any I have tried. :tu:
+1

CMVault has worked great so far, hope FileSilo will be just as good.

If Beat Magazine could offer something similar for their exclusive content, the possibility to download it from a member site like CMVault, instead of having to wait for snailmail to deliver the DVD, I think more users would warm to them.
Downloading from Vault and Silo is not so great at downloading but it's always there. I had to stop my subscription at one time before the digital movement started. I had a lot of those DVDs and magazines and was running out of space.

dzilizzi wrote:I also get Music Tech. Half of their digital DVD's won't open. Something about how We Transfer zips them. I have tried multiple programs to unzip, but most of them don't work. And you can only go back 5 issues.
Because they zip up the whole DVD contents, the zips can often be larger than 4GB which causes issues for alot of unzippers.

On a Mac these can be unpacked no problem and IIRC that's where they're made so they may be unaware of the issue.

I think there are some Windows options. You have to look for a tool that can handle 4GB+ zip files.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”