Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tomgu wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:Trying to get IKM's "Chillout" SampleTank giveaway... I forgot how completely convoluted their whole purchase/register/download/activate process was - WOW what a mess.

I know, I shouldn't moan and be thankful (Thanks IKM) but they really should get some professional advice on the UX side of things.
They instruct:
1) Register, Authorize and Install SampleTank Custom Shop.
2) Launch and Login to Custom Shop.
3) Chose the Chillout library and click on the BUY button.
4) Log into your User Area on the IK Site.
5) Register your FREE Chillout sound library inside your User Area.

I think the actual working process was more like:

1) Install & launch Custom shop
2) Login at ikmultimedia.com web site. Click on your user name (to go to the user area) to see a message about the Chillout library.
3) Restore My Sounds in Custom shop.
Thank you for the instructions. I haven't had time even to try this one, yet, but this will most likely help me avoiding some frustration. Once again, Dr. Kvr helps... :hihi:

Is the Nomad Factory SC226 channel strip likely to have a better sale later on? Not sure if I should just grab it or wait for a better deal.

Love my Audio Imperia stuff: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=489283

Fleer wrote:Love my Audio Imperia stuff: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=489283
I've only bought the Photosynthesis vol 1 library, and its a beautiful library, but I've been wanting to pick up the others in the collection too, especially volume 2 (Mystic).

I wasn't looking to spend, but I think this is one of those too good to pass up deals. I don't need the hank drum libraries, but I'm sure they're great too. The Photosynthesis libraries to me would be worth it alone.

Had been lurching after those four Photosynthesis libraries from the great Jeremiah Pena for quite some time. Now here they are, all four of them. And the two Dystopian libs have just received the new Audio Imperia Kontakt engine update. Sweet timing.

Numanoid wrote:So if I download the lib from my IK user area, install it on my studio laptop, and then open Sample Tank CS in my DAW and click on "restore my sounds", that is what it takes to get it working?
This method worked out, all I needed to do afterwards was to go on the internet on my studio laptop, login to CustomShop, and the lib was authorized.

Why I did it this way, because it is important to keep a backup of the lib, as it will disappear from my user account at IKM after 180 days.

Had I installed it via CustomShop, I don't think I get to keep the installer file.

MogwaiBoy wrote:Trying to get IKM's "Chillout" SampleTank giveaway... I forgot how completely convoluted their whole purchase/register/download/activate process was - WOW what a mess.

I know, I shouldn't moan and be thankful (Thanks IKM) but they really should get some professional advice on the UX side of things.
Hmm, that's weird. I had no issues whatsoever. Downloaded the pack from User Area, installed it, signed into Custom Shop and was ready to go. Easy peasy.

I agree, but they need somebody to update their manuals/installation guide.

This is info stated in the pop-up window I got when logging into my account about the freebie:
Please register your free Elektronika - Chillout in the user area. Then simply log into the Custom Shop and click Restore My Gear in the GEAR section to add each to your available gear in SampleTank.
There was no need for me to register it in my user area it was already added, and there was no serial found there that I needed to use to register it.

So I understand users can get confused.

BTW, there was as well a free promo Syntronik in my IK user area. Maybe some of you knew about this IK promo, for me a surprize. Any user comments of this one?

Harry_HH wrote:BTW, there was as well a free promo Syntronik in my IK user area. Maybe some of you knew about this IK promo, for me a surprize. Any user comments of this one?
There is a free Syntronik entry level version. Sort of a demo version.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

I just checked my account, my promo section is empty, I guess because I have already installed Syntronik Free.

In my account I got an offer to crossgrade to Syntronik at €199, but nothing compared to the pre-buy deal at just €99. Wish I jumped on that now, as I got €28 jampoints I could have further shaved that price down with :dog:

Is the free Syntronik entry level version worth installing, quite a heavy download? Restrictions to the "real one"?

Harry_HH wrote:Is the free Syntronik entry level version worth installing, quite a heavy download? Restrictions to the "real one"?
If you ask me, it is one of the best freebies of 2017

You "only" get 50 patches, but there is no restrictions on usage (like time outs or audio drop outs), and with four layers a user can build many different multi patches with 50 patches as building blocks

Numanoid wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:Is the free Syntronik entry level version worth installing, quite a heavy download? Restrictions to the "real one"?
If you ask me, it is one of the best freebies of 2017

You "only" get 50 patches, but there is no restrictions on usage (like time outs or audio drop outs), and with four layers a user can build many different multi patches with 50 patches as building blocks
OK, thank you for the comment. Since both of my laptop hard disks dangerously are nearing the critical level, one start to be selective what to instal and what not.

I should probably keep my negative opinion to myself on this but I installed Syntronik Free and the Sampletank "Chill Out" pack last night - and will be uninstalling this weekend.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”