Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yellowmix wrote:
omiroad wrote:What did Numanoid do then?
Got unnecessarily sassy with a moderator. On a personal level.
Looks like he's better at posting deals than at using his judgment correctly. After being banned, one would think someone would be more careful.

Uncle E wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Im thinking about getting izotope rx 6 crossgrade. Anyone knows if it is worth $199 and if it was cheaper?
If you own either Music Production Bundle, you can get RX 6 when you crossgrade to the Music Production Suite.

Are you going to have the Output stuff for 25% off Uncle E? Looking for the cheapest place to get it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Just got the Gobbler email that my Slate Everything bundle will renew on 11/21 for $179.

Just have to wonder if I should cancel my subscription & then 're-up' when the Slate Black Friday deals get posted. Thoughts?

wfm wrote:Just got the Gobbler email that my Slate Everything bundle will renew on 11/21 for $179.

Just have to wonder if I should cancel my subscription & then 're-up' when the Slate Black Friday deals get posted. Thoughts?
Of course. If you aren't going to get a preferential price for maintaining a constant subscription then it only costs you a few days of not having the plugins. If those few days of loss are not worth more to you than the potential savings then that brackets your maximum loss.

You might not save anything, but if there's a deal, you will be able to take advantage of it.

Too bad the NI sale doesn't seem to be very much geared toward NI noobs (aka people who haven't bought anything yet). The S61 keyboard bundle with Komplete seemed tempting at first, but then I realized from the fine print that the Komplete license seems like it would be tied to the hardware for the promotional pricing. No go for me, especially if I ever decide to change hardware.

Great deals though, if you were thinking about upgrading an older version of Komplete.

wfm wrote:Just got the Gobbler email that my Slate Everything bundle will renew on 11/21 for $179.

Gotta master the art of the takeaway. Walk away and see if they beg you to come back. ;)

IMO there's a lot of competition to Slate with smaller developers who offer lifetime licenses (or seldom paid major updates) on their plugins and offer comparable or superior products. Sonimus and Tokyo Dawn Labs come to mind, just to name a couple.

shonky wrote:I'm debating whether to get Komplete for around £160 crossgrade price or just nab individual instruments - although bang for buck says the bundle is a good idea, I'm increasingly thinking to myself that too many options leads to less actually getting done, spending time learning the intricacies of each individual instrument rather than making tunes.

Mind you, given that two or three instruments will work out roughly the same, the bundle does seem to make more sense.
Through what means can you get it for £160? Best way I've seen to crossgrade is still £300 or so. Or do you already have a few individual plug ins?

mzymandias wrote:
shonky wrote:I'm debating whether to get Komplete for around £160 crossgrade price or just nab individual instruments - although bang for buck says the bundle is a good idea, I'm increasingly thinking to myself that too many options leads to less actually getting done, spending time learning the intricacies of each individual instrument rather than making tunes.

Mind you, given that two or three instruments will work out roughly the same, the bundle does seem to make more sense.
Through what means can you get it for £160? Best way I've seen to crossgrade is still £300 or so. Or do you already have a few individual plug ins?
Picked up Kontakt in the last NI sale in July on a crossgrade deal for some free libraries I nabbed last BF. Which I think means the total cost of Komplete, including buying Kontakt would be around £260.

The usual reminder for those that don't already know.

Sennheiser Drummic'a is a free Kontakt Player instrument, it qualifies for crossgrade to the full version of Kontakt which can then be used to crossgrade up to Komplete. Works out a lot cheaper that way.

http://sennheiser.us/drummica.html

The page is all in German but its a pretty straightforward process to register and get your serial.

There's an old thread on here about it too. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=441404

Tappistry wrote:Too bad the NI sale doesn't seem to be very much geared toward NI noobs (aka people who haven't bought anything yet). The S61 keyboard bundle with Komplete seemed tempting at first, but then I realized from the fine print that the Komplete license seems like it would be tied to the hardware for the promotional pricing. No go for me, especially if I ever decide to change hardware.

Great deals though, if you were thinking about upgrading an older version of Komplete.
I think only the activation process is tied to the hardware. Once it is activated you should be able to use whatever hardware you want.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

mgw38 wrote:
Tappistry wrote:Too bad the NI sale doesn't seem to be very much geared toward NI noobs (aka people who haven't bought anything yet). The S61 keyboard bundle with Komplete seemed tempting at first, but then I realized from the fine print that the Komplete license seems like it would be tied to the hardware for the promotional pricing. No go for me, especially if I ever decide to change hardware.

I think only the activation process is tied to the hardware. Once it is activated you should be able to use whatever hardware you want.
It is tied to the keyboard's registration. When you sell the keyboard, you also have to transfer the registration so the new user could use the komplete kontrol software. However, komplete select that comes with it (and maybe the upgrade) will go together with it.

mutantdog wrote:The usual reminder for those that don't already know.

Sennheiser Drummic'a is a free Kontakt Player instrument, it qualifies for crossgrade to the full version of Kontakt which can then be used to crossgrade up to Komplete. Works out a lot cheaper that way.

The page is all in German but its a pretty straightforward process to register and get your serial.

There's an old thread on here about it too. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=441404
I have been trying to do this for the last week. I was able to register but the download isn't accessible. I keep getting the error "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /sennheiser/drummica/static/DrumMicA.zip on this server."

Has anyone else been able to download it?

I'm tempted to crossgrade/upgrade to Komplete, but NI have disabled the license transfer service so I'm not sure which of the plugins I already have I am able to offload afterwards :?

I want to as well (I have Komplete 9) but I kind of want to wait for 12 to come out sometime...with maybe Kontakt 6 and other updates!

DrMEM wrote:
mutantdog wrote:The usual reminder for those that don't already know.

I have been trying to do this for the last week. I was able to register but the download isn't accessible. I keep getting the error "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /sennheiser/drummica/static/DrumMicA.zip on this server."

Has anyone else been able to download it?
Hi,
Unless you really want to use Drummic'a, you don't need to download the library in order to use it for crossgrade. Just login to your Native Access account then add Drummic'a serial number. Once it go through, you should be able to croosgrade after adding Kontakt 5 to the cart.

Good luck.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”