Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

murnau wrote:
OneOfManyPauls wrote:it's a real pity numanoid isn't posting here anymore, as there were a lot more deals posted here back when they were.
Just subscribe to the Zero-G newsletter and your "problem" is solved. :D
don't you ever get tired of trotting out that lie?

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
murnau wrote:
OneOfManyPauls wrote:it's a real pity numanoid isn't posting here anymore, as there were a lot more deals posted here back when they were.
He’s right. At some point, Numanoid was posting almost daily about Zero-G deals. I made some comments about it during that period.

Ryan99 wrote:
OneOfManyPauls wrote:
murnau wrote:
He’s right. At some point, Numanoid was posting almost daily about Zero-G deals. I made some comments about it during that period.
yeah, but that wasn't **all** numanoid posted here. The forum is poorer for numanoid not being here.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
Ryan99 wrote:
OneOfManyPauls wrote:
murnau wrote:
yeah, but that wasn't **all** numanoid posted here. The forum is poorer for numanoid not being here.
The forum is poorer... But we may all actually be richer!

dandezebra wrote:The forum is poorer... But we may all actually be richer!
lol, true - I bought quite a bit of stuff from seeing numanoid's posts, despite being on all manner of mailing lists etc.

btw, it's real easy to disprove the lie about numanoid's posts - just do a search for posts by numanoid in this forum and go back to pre may 2017 (when they stopped posting in the "bargains onlyl;no chat" thread).

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
murnau wrote:
I could say the same about your comment as there wasn't one relevant deal here been missed. Anyway, i don't get the point even if it would be true.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:
dandezebra wrote:The forum is poorer... But we may all actually be richer!
lol, true - I bought quite a bit of stuff from seeing numanoid's posts, despite being on all manner of mailing lists etc.

btw, it's real easy to disprove the lie about numanoid's posts - just do a search for posts by numanoid in this forum and go back to pre may 2017 (when they stopped posting in the "bargains onlyl;no chat" thread).
Now thats funny. What do you think this prove? It's simply that other members didn't post a specific deal in the past because Numanoid was faster .. ..thats all.. but again: Tell me one relevant deal you had missed since then? I say: There isn't one.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Sounds like a dumb question: you're asking me to cite deals I don't know about.

Thing is, this is a forum section about bargains - having more bargains posted makes it more useful. I don't get the point of you wanting to restrict it to "relevant" either, because it's not just about you or me. We aren't great arbiters of what makes a deal useful for the readership as a whole.

I'm not going to research it, but it sure *feels* like there are less bargains being posted post-numanoid than there were before - so the idea that others have taken up the slack *feels* out of whack with reality.

Mustang Martigan wrote:Hey, great thread. I'm looking for mailing lists similar to KVR's that revolve around current products/plugins on sale. Any suggestions?
I've also been signing up for newsletters sent out by specific brands, but there are so many....

Thanks
Deals threads at VI-Control and The Sound Board
Rekkerd.org
Bedroom Producer's Blog
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:Sounds like a dumb question: you're asking me to cite deals I don't know about.
I already did the homework for you and said that there isn't one relevant deal happened in the past you missed here. Of course feel free to miss the countless Zero-G and Shareware of the Day "deals" that's not my responsibility. :D

I find it also a little disrespectful to the members posting nowdays just sayin'.. ..and If you feel it's too little then it's your turn to make it better.

The only deals that I see missing that he was posting were « save 2 dolllars » on something kind of deals. It’s true that he was posting a lot, but for me personnaly, there was a lot of deals of this kind, with a little rebate. For me, those were not useful, but maybe some people are missing saving a buck or two.

Missing Numanoid's contribution doesn't diminish the efforts of others in the present. I visit this thread frequently, I have only posted deals occasionally and have received far more than I have given. Thanks everyone past and present.
Last edited by Scotty on Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regardless of whether or not some of the deals that Numanoid posted were Zero-G/shareware or other plugins that I have no interest in, the fact is, that he posted more deals than anyone else.
The only other person I've seen post anywhere near as many deals is GreyLion. And Hans25 a little while back.

So yeah, I miss him posting deals :)

I just got the Sugar Bytes mail with Thesys . Amazingly on opening the box ,inside is a postcard saying there is no installer CD just a serial that will enable a download at their website. This really is a waste of resources just to deliver a serial

Kurdish Mayfield wrote:I just got the Sugar Bytes mail with Thesys . Amazingly on opening the box ,inside is a postcard saying there is no installer CD just a serial that will enable a download at their website. This really is a waste of resources just to deliver a serial
The reason is to keep certain countries away from specific deals.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”