Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

$99 for Kiloheartz EDM Toolkit (Snapheap and Multipass) over at Audio Plugin Deals (less if you've still got the Valentine's Day discount vouchers).

Just realised that the rewards don't work on the main deal, only shop items :(
Last edited by shonky on Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

If anyone is getting the humble bundle deal for SF Pro 11 and don't want the Acid Pro then I can take it. Please PM me the details.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

shonky wrote:$99 for Kiloheartz EDM Toolkit (Snapheap and Multipass) over at Audio Plugin Deals
Now THAT’s what I was waiting for :)

Fleer wrote:
shonky wrote:$99 for Kiloheartz EDM Toolkit (Snapheap and Multipass) over at Audio Plugin Deals
Slightly confusing, though: Audio Plugin deals says "Toolkit contains 26 high-quality audio effect building blocks", which is the same number as Kiloheartz gives in their site - but then AP picture and demo-video there are blocks such as the Disperser and Fraturator, which are only included to the Works (see the chart below).

Is the deal for some kind of modified/added Toolbox, or is this a misstake?
Which components are included, and which are not? Most likely not the Slice and Carve Eqs, but there are 4 other blocks, which are not part of the to the KHS Toolbox.

https://kilohearts.com/products/khs_toolbox

shonky wrote:$99 for Kiloheartz EDM Toolkit (Snapheap and Multipass) over at Audio Plugin Deals (less if you've still got the Valentine's Day discount vouchers).

This is a fantastic deal and I'm pretty sure you can get a free cross-grade to the Reason rack extension versions as well, according to the FAQ on Kilohearts site. I also have it on good authority that they are planning to release a modular synth using a similar paradigm to their snap-in FX in the near future and there's likely to be upgrade/crossgrade deals for that.

So this is a great time to get involved! I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy!

Harry_HH wrote:
Fleer wrote:
Slightly confusing, though: Audio Plugin deals says "Toolkit contains 26 high-quality audio effect building blocks", which is the same number as Kiloheartz gives in their site - but then AP picture and demo-video there are blocks such as the Disperser and Fraturator, which are only included to the Works (see the chart below).

Which components are included, and which are not? Most likely not the Slice and Carve Eqs, but there are 4 other blocks, which are not part of the to the KHS Toolbox.

Looks like it’s kHs Toolbox plus one premium plugin, Multipass. It’s a better deal than the $99 Black Friday kHs Toolbox deal since it includes Multipass for $99, but it’s still missing 4 premium plugins from “The Works”: Disperser, Faturator, the kHs ONE synthesizer, Carve EQ and Slice EQ.

It’s not quite as good a deal than the recent “The Works” for $179 Christmas deal (or around $150 at JRR Shop) unless you already own those 4 plugins or don’t want or need them.

kHs do offer upgrades based on what you own to go to the next bundle(s) up. While I have no way to verify on their site, I would not expect that you could upgrade “The Works” for $79 to match the Christmas deal.

SolarAxix wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Fleer wrote:

Looks like it’s kHs Toolbox plus one premium plugin, Multipass. It’s a better deal than the $99 Black Friday kHs Toolbox deal since it includes Multipass for $99, but it’s still missing 4 premium plugins from “The Works”: Disperser, Faturator, the kHs ONE synthesizer, Carve EQ and Slice EQ.

It’s not quite as good a deal than the recent “The Works” for $179 Christmas deal (or around $150 at JRR Shop) unless you already own those 4 plugins or don’t want or need them.

kHs do offer upgrades based on what you own to go to the next bundle(s) up. While I have no way to verify on their site, I would not expect that you could upgrade “The Works” for $79 to match the Christmas deal.
If this is the case, why Disperser and Fraturator show both in the photo and in the Audio Plugin deal presentation video?

quincy wrote:
shonky wrote:$99 for Kiloheartz EDM Toolkit (Snapheap and Multipass) over at Audio Plugin Deals (less if you've still got the Valentine's Day discount vouchers).

This is a fantastic deal and I'm pretty sure you can get a free cross-grade to the Reason rack extension versions as well, according to the FAQ on Kilohearts site. I also have it on good authority that they are planning to release a modular synth using a similar paradigm to their snap-in FX in the near future and there's likely to be upgrade/crossgrade deals for that.

So this is a great time to get involved! I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy!
I reached out to kHs recently regarding the crossgrade to the Reason RE and I was told that they can offer a 50% discount code to the kHs Toolbox RE if you already own it or “The Works”.

Harry_HH wrote:
SolarAxix wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Fleer wrote:

If this is the case, why Disperser and Fraturator show both in the photo and in the Audio Plugin deal presentation video?
Don’t know why they are pictured there, but the description does not list them. Also, if you add up the retail price of the kHs Toolbox ($299) and Multipass ($99), you get to $398. They are saying it’s a $300 savings to get the deal for $99 which matches if it’s the kHs Toolbox + Multipass.
Last edited by SolarAxix on Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SolarAxix wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
SolarAxix wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
Fleer wrote:

Don’t know why they are pictured there, but the description does not list them. Also, if you add up the retail price of the kHs Toolbox ($299) and Multipass ($99), you get to $398. They are saying it’s a $300 savings to get the deal for $99 which matches if it’s the kHs Toolbox + Multipass.
OK - just sloppiness when making the add. :P

SolarAxix wrote:
I reached out to kHs recently regarding the crossgrade to the Reason RE and I was told that they can offer a 50% discount code to the kHs Toolbox RE if you already own it or “The Works”.
Ah so actually the RE isn't included? In the 'Key Features"' they indicate "Available as Reason Rack Extension" but it means you have to buy it extra?
Any idea how much it is with the 50% discount?

ErBen wrote:
SolarAxix wrote:
Ah so actually the RE isn't included? In the 'Key Features"' they indicate "Available as Reason Rack Extension" but it means you have to buy it extra?
Any idea how much it is with the 50% discount?
At the current regular price of $299, the sale price for the kHs Toolbox RE would be about $150. I am not sure if the 50% discount code would work if there's a sale, but that's what I am waiting for. Also, this only applies to the kHs Toolbox. I am not sure if they offer something similar for the other Rack Extensions that are not part of the kHs Toolbox: Faturator or kHs ONE

BTW, last November, they did offer a free crossgrade to go the other way around: https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/11/buy- ... ions-free/

Any recommendations on Geist Expanders? At JRR they are less than 7 bucks a piece but there are just sooo many of them.

SolarAxix wrote:
ErBen wrote:
SolarAxix wrote: At the current regular price of $299, the sale price for the kHs Toolbox RE would be about $150. I am not sure if the 50% discount code would work if there's a sale, but that's what I am waiting for. Also, this only applies to the kHs Toolbox. I am not sure if they offer something similar for the other Rack Extensions that are not part of the kHs Toolbox: Faturator or kHs ONE

BTW, last November, they did offer a free crossgrade to go the other way around: https://www.reasontalk.com/2017/11/buy- ... ions-free/
Oh ok thanks! That's a little steep for me, even with 50% rebate. That said, did anyone try the VST version in recent Reason? Maybe it's enough...

mgw38 wrote:Any recommendations on Geist Expanders? At JRR they are less than 7 bucks a piece but there are just sooo many of them.
The older (more expensive) expanders are pretty good. Best of Guru, Vintage Drumbox, Classic Hip Hop, and Goldbaby Synthetic are nice choices. The cinematic ones are good as well.

I've found that the new cheaper ones (retail for $15) are not necessarily very good. Last time they were on sale for 50%, I bought 4 or 5 of the new smaller expanders and I was NOT impressed at all. I realize they're cheap, but the amount of content was pretty pitiful.

You'd do better to buy from Goldbaby or Digicussion, in my opinion, than buying many of the fxpansion cheaper ones.

That being said, my choices were in the more standard genre choices (EDM, R&B, Pop, etc), so some of the more unusual ones might be worth a shot (cinematic FX, Trash Percussion, Big Percussion, Analog FX).

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”