Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It’s the Multipass that makes it all work wonders. And the fact that all these Toolbox plugins are so straightforward to use, at almost no CPU load. Check the vids on YouTube. This was really worth waiting for. Creativity in a Toolbox.

Thanks both - I tried the demo, but I guess my issue is that I know how to use MXXX, so the easier workflow isn't so much of a factor for me - especially as I can create user panels for the mxxx patches and I get a boat-load more modulation options with that.

Just seems to leave the pre and post, but that's as easy as adding a couple more instances of mxxx or the individual plugins either side of the MB instance.

Looking at CPU load, there doesn't seem to be much in it between a complex mxxx patch and a complex multipass patch - in fact, I'd have to give the edge to mxxx on that - eg a single delay adds about 3% cpu in multipass, but it doesn't increase the cpu at all in mxxx and a chorus is 4% multipass and 2% mxxx.

You also have feedback paths in MXXX. Multipass routing is just straight through.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Kilohearts bundle vs the HOFA System?

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/hofa-system/

Hofa has feedback modules and more flexible routing but a narrower selection of modules. They've only just added a modulation package. The Mixbox collection is largely bread-and-butter modules. The Algoverb is nice. But you get more esoteric options that are good for sound design with Kilohearts right now.

A lot's really going to come down to UI preference. Kilohearts probably has the edge on a single-window layout over Melda and Hofa - with the greater routing flexibility comes a more confusing layout.

just got the bundle from kilohearts and must say it feels consistent. i mean i can make a setup in every DAW with bandsplitting and routing each one through a channel with plugins on them. but the kilohearts is just intuitive and easy to use. it's not about the single effects, but about the easy modular setup. for me this does it.

rockhopper wrote:Anyone have any thoughts on the Kilohearts bundle vs the HOFA System?

https://hofa-plugins.de/en/plugins/hofa-system/

It most likely not coincidence, that the Hofa System looks out very much like the Kilohearts interface.

Hofa is known of their quality products, I´ve got a couple of theirs.
Hofa seems to have more a mastering tool profile, wherease Kilohearts has a profile of a multieffect.
I wish someone had time to comapre Hofa System/Kilohearts Toolbox+

Normally Hofa products are pricey, but the Hofa Systems cost now almost the same, as the Toolbox+ in the sale.
Is this a conincidence? :wink:

I've just updated and fired up Hofa System again as I haven't used it in ages, and the UI still feels pretty clunky compared to the slickness of kilohearts multipass. Algoverb is still a bit of a gem though.

OneOfManyPauls wrote:I've just updated and fired up Hofa System again as I haven't used it in ages, and the UI still feels pretty clunky compared to the slickness of kilohearts multipass. Algoverb is still a bit of a gem though.
So you have the Hofa System - good to know. My experience of e.g. the Hofa IQ series De-esser, is very positive.

I own the hofa but not the kh , i can tell you the hofa is very good . Not so gui friendly but very good.

Anyone who bought the MAGIX bundle for $30 already, could you tell what is that you get after the purchase? Immediate downloads only? Or you get serial numbers that you can later register on Magix website and have it available there lately?

emanuelsj wrote:Anyone who bought the MAGIX bundle for $30 already, could you tell what is that you get after the purchase? Immediate downloads only? Or you get serial numbers that you can later register on Magix website and have it available there lately?
If it is like the last time, you get a link to download and a serial number. Somewhere in the setup/start up, you register the serial number and it will show up in your Magix account.

Magix has 2 areas, the regular area and the "Pro" area. I found my Samplitude and SpectraLayers in the pro area, but SoundForge is in the regular area. This Samplitude, although it says Pro on it, doesn't look like a Pro version - only 8 tracks? So it may all be in the standard area - i.e. where you sign in and click on My Products.

dzilizzi wrote:
emanuelsj wrote:Anyone who bought the MAGIX bundle for $30 already, could you tell what is that you get after the purchase? Immediate downloads only? Or you get serial numbers that you can later register on Magix website and have it available there lately?
If it is like the last time, you get a link to download and a serial number. Somewhere in the setup/start up, you register the serial number and it will show up in your Magix account.

Magix has 2 areas, the regular area and the "Pro" area. I found my Samplitude and SpectraLayers in the pro area, but SoundForge is in the regular area. This Samplitude, although it says Pro on it, doesn't look like a Pro version - only 8 tracks? So it may all be in the standard area - i.e. where you sign in and click on My Products.
Thanks for the heads up!

dzilizzi wrote:

Really, only 8 tracks? Can someone confirm?
A well-behaved signature.

^^^ It's the sliver edition. Basically a cut down version. It's clearly mentioned on their page. Click on the product image then you will see the details.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”