Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A lot of the "sign up now or we'll have to say goodbye" emails came via Mailchimp. I'm a bit torn on criticising them as they do a pretty good job of keep bulk emailing clean. IME, Mailchimp is very tight on who can use it to do mailouts. It's for a very good reason. They are first in the firing line for complaints and just one blacklisting by a spam-watching agency and their business goes down the toilet. It also has a lot of clients because, below a certain threshold, the mailings are free. So, when they say "you need to do the double opt-in thing or else", people tend to do it.

It's fairly easy to recover from. Have signups for updates, upgrades, sales etc on the webpage that are run through Mailchimp or ListManage or whoever and the lists will eventually build up - and be more robust than the old "you're our customer now, we'll never leave you alone" approach.

There was also a lot of "do this or the EU will take all your money" scaremongering out there, which didn't help. The same kind of thing happened with the EMC and Low-Power directives (as well as the original DPR) under which hardly anyone ever got prosecuted.

Anyone know someplace where one can get a discount even better than the $349 sale price on Heavyocity Novo?

Unexpected benefit from the flood of GDPR emails: a great excuse for me to unsubscribe from about a dozen email lists I no longer care about and just delete the majority of the time anyways. :D

deleted
Last edited by dzilizzi on Sat May 26, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dzilizzi wrote:I found this on Facebook - send an email to - confirm_subscribe@zynaptiq.com - from whatever email you want to use. Blank email, no subject. Immediately got a link to Subspace and an activation code. Great deal!
Cheers for that, great spot :tu:

dzilizzi wrote:I found this on Facebook - send an email to - confirm_subscribe@zynaptiq.com - from whatever email you want to use. Blank email, no subject. Immediately got a link to Subspace and an activation code. Great deal!
Not cool. You're not supposed to game the system.
zynaptiq wrote:The "blank email" thing is NOT how it's supposed to work. That method is for existing subscribers and was emailed to them privately. We'll be cleaning up these incomplete transactions after a while I'd guess...

If you want to use the reverb and had NOT previously subscribed to our newsletter – you can go the official route and subscribe to our newsletter easily whenever you download a trial or register a purchased plugin :-)

Best,
denis @zynaptiq

Mushy Mushy wrote:
meldavid wrote:Really annoyed with all the privacy policy update emails I've been receiving.
I'm loving it. Perfect opportunity to thin my spam.
Same here. Had been wanting to unsubscribe from about 80% of the companies I get emails from but kept putting it off. Glad I did. They did the work for me :)
Play it by ear

Evil Turtle OkaiR2R - funny little analog emulation.

http://evilturtle.nl/store/

meldavid wrote:Need something that can seperate a stereo mix, into multiple audio stems: bass | drums | vocal | guitar | piano, and then convert those single audio stems to MIDI.
It sounds like the best option for you is XTRAX STEMS:

https://www.jrrshop.com/audionamix-xtrax-stems

Audionamix TRAX PRO is actually the one that's exactly what you're looking for but it's quite a bit more money:

https://www.jrrshop.com/audionamix-adx-trax-pro

meldavid wrote:First reply was from Eric. Second reply was from a Holy figure! I thought it was Uncle E having a bit of fun. He recommended the Melodyne option. That's how I knew I had till the end of this month to decide.
You spoke with Jesus, with the "J" pronounced "H". ;)
When one contestant pulled out Kermit the Frog I thought she was playing dirty, Sun Tzu would be proud!
She won!

masterhiggins wrote:
zynaptiq wrote:The "blank email" thing is NOT how it's supposed to work. That method is for existing subscribers and was emailed to them privately. We'll be cleaning up these incomplete transactions after a while I'd guess...

If you want to use the reverb and had NOT previously subscribed to our newsletter – you can go the official route and subscribe to our newsletter easily whenever you download a trial or register a purchased plugin :-)

Best,
denis @zynaptiq
I actually tried to find their website to sign up for their newsletter. I have looked at their products and have almost bought them, but they are just a little too high for me for what they do.

Okay, found the site and requested a trial of one of their products.

dzilizzi wrote:have almost bought them, but they are just a little too high for me for what they do.
unfortunately again, only 1 license for ilok activation from zynaptiq.

For that price it should be no problem to provide 2 activations for convenience (eventide, soundtoys, oeksound, sonible, air, sonivox, kush, psp, softube, UVI have at least 2 and for that reason i have almost all their stuff). I don't want to plug/unplug the ilok always when i'm going home from the studio, just in case i needed it.

Just mention that from time to time and hope the developers overthink their current policy.

dermage wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:have almost bought them, but they are just a little too high for me for what they do.
unfortunately again, only 1 license for ilok activation from zynaptiq.

For that price it should be no problem to provide 2 activations for convenience (eventide, soundtoys, oeksound, sonible, air, sonivox, kush, psp, softube, UVI have at least 2 and for that reason i have almost all their stuff). I don't want to plug/unplug the ilok always when i'm going home from the studio, just in case i needed it.

Just mention that from time to time and hope the developers overthink their current policy.
100% agree! I never purchase any ilok product without at least 2 installs. Some companies like PSP even offer 3! As a composer I use a main Mac Pro, pc sample host, and laptop composing rig, (and I have many colleagues who run at least the same amount of machines) so 3 licenses for us is ideal. One license is really ridiculous IMO.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

MogwaiBoy wrote:
meldavid wrote: Need something that can seperate a stereo mix, into multiple audio stems: bass | drums | vocal | guitar | piano, and then convert audio stems to MIDI. For remixing or recreating purposes.
Extract useable, artifact-free stems from a single full stereo mix and auto convert all notes to midi? That's some serious magic. :pray:
I don't care really if the audio stems are unsuable for remixing as long as they can be converted to MIDI. Vocal parts can always be resung, or I can just find a cappella stems online.

Tell me then, how the hell did they extract these stems? http://backtracks4all.com/backingtracks ... years-ago/

Sounds good enough for me!

dzilizzi wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:

Best,
denis @zynaptiq
I actually tried to find their website to sign up for their newsletter. I have looked at their products and have almost bought them, but they are just a little too high for me for what they do.

Okay, found the site and requested a trial of one of their products.
They're missing an opportunity here. Just put the damn thing on their site and let people have it for free for signing up for the newsletter. Trials are free, this is free, what's the difference? If people weren't going to buy a plugin in the first place then they'll just game the trial request.

What's not cool is messing up their subscriber mailing list with incomplete transactions, but, I don't think that people would be posting that if there were an easy to get to link on their website. I went to look to see if I could easily share that with some friends on another site and there isn't.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”