Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote: I honestly figured that sending the blank email was equivalent to subscribing to the
newsletter, so I didn't see any harm. Nyway, they asked me to edit the post very
nicely, explaining their position, and thanked me for promoting it.
:tu:

yellowmix wrote:Subspace is great but it doesn't reveal much about the other products. A sample in a grocery store is exactly indicative of a larger amount of it. We're talking about a range of different tools with features that don't exist in Subspace. So getting people to try the actual products is a reasonable and obvious goal.
Agreed. Their products are deep, the only way to get to know them is by trying them. Also, FWIW, they only send a few newsletters per year and it’s usually interesting information about new products.

pekbro wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
yellowmix wrote:Zynaptiq is quite clear on the product page what the exchange entails: https://www.zynaptiq.com/subspace/
For the record, I couldn't find that page when I went looking for it yesterday or the day before, don't quote me exactly. I'm not sure if it wasn't up yet or I just missed it.
Indeed there was no product page. I wasn't going to post about it because I couldn't
figure out how to point anyone to it. Then I read about the email address in the other forum
while searching for info on it.

I honestly figured that sending the blank email was equivalent to subscribing to the
newsletter, so I didn't see any harm. Nyway, they asked me to edit the post very
nicely, explaining their position, and thanked me for promoting it.
This is what I thought as well. I have no problem getting their emails and I have signed up for a number of companies emails because sometimes that is how you get discounts on sales that might just put you over the edge into buying something. I am a hobbyist and don't make money from my music. But am always looking for things that make it easier to make music or provide inspiration. I will pay more for the former but less for the latter.

For me, what I've seen of Zynaptiq's stuff, it will be more inspiration. And I almost bought wormhole last year. So I would think I fall into the category of people they might want on their mailing list.

But whatever, I deleted my post. Can't do much about the quoted responses.

If you ain't got it, dzilizzi, you need Adaptiverb. In fact, get the Creative bundle. It just is THAT good.

Fleer wrote:If you ain't got it, dzilizzi, you need Adaptiverb. In fact, get the Creative bundle. It just is THAT good.
I also want Pitchmap because it looks really cool. But they are all way more than I want to spend. And Blackhole fulfilled my reverb needs for a while. I really love what I can do with it. LOL, and I have too many reverbs.

But I did download the Adaptiverb trial. So I will check it out. :tu:

Dealete. Dealete.
Last edited by meldavid on Wed May 30, 2018 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

The new Native Instruments TRK-01 bass and kick instruments is Berlin techno heaven:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... tent=owned

Stole the following info from Gearslutz in my research attempts. I have formatted for easier reading. I'm not really that knowledgeable about forum etiquette. If this is not cool, just delete it please mods.
Originally Posted by monotoSTEREO
From what I understand, both R-Mix and Mashtactic are designed to be used with stereo source material and make use of filtering.

Although Melodyne can extract individual notes under some circumstances, it is not designed to extract vocals or isolate a portion of a track since vocals and instrumental features usually overlap.

ADX Trax and ADX Trax Pro make use of sound source separation to help separate the vocal and instrumental material into two separate tracks. The process is automated and cloud-based so the heavy lifting is done in the cloud and not on your computer.

After providing you with an initial separation, you would then use the built-in tools to refine your separation further. It is important to note that ADX Trax and ADX Trax Pro will both work with mono and stereo source material!

ADX Trax Pro adds additional spectral editing capabilities with specialized spectral editing tools to refine your separations even further.

Since the separated tracks in ADX Trax and ADX Trax Pro together add up to the original source material, any changes to one are reflected in the other. This is a tremendous help since any vocal remnants in the instrumental track can be quickly identified and touched up. In the same way, and instrumental remnants can easily be removed from the vocal track. Audionamix has posted numerous demos on their website to showcase some of the results. As someone who has used ADX Trax extensively, and is now using ADX Trax Pro, I can recommend them both highly!

@monotoSTEREO, thanks for the in-depth review, we appreciate your feedback!
@Wepwawet, here's a quick video showing basic ADX Trax Pro features -> https://vimeo.com/113452831

If you or anyone else is interested in trying TRAX or TRAX Pro, we invite you to use these coupon codes to receive 25% off your first month of subscription service, no obligations, just the chance to try it for yourself. Take TRAX or TRAX Pro for a spin and let us know what you think... We'd also like to see and share what you create with the ADX technology. Send it over when your done so we can check it out.
This gives me two more options to try out:
1. Roland R-Mix which I may already have, if it's included in Sonar X1. I have Sonar X1 & X3. Skipped X2. If I recall correctly, Roland sold Cakewalk to Gibson so may not be in X3.
2. Mashtactic (no info on this yet)
3. Isola Pro FX
4. Audacity

Found yet some more info on Quora https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-convert- ... into-stems
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
If it's a single shot snare sample, and is on the grid, then you can get perfect cancellation by pasting the isolated snare on its own track and inverting the polarity/flipping the phase. If you've never seen this in action, it can be pretty cool; Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" uses a 2 bar drum loop, and if you copy and paste those first two bars into their own track, then duplicate and hit the relevant flip switch in the DAW you get the perfectly isolated solo vocals, plus bass and sax af times. At sample level accuracy, the cancellation is perfect and free of artifacts, but that only works with one shots and loops, not with live drums. The level of each track has to be identical, too.

I share the same apprehension as dzilizzi with the cloud thing. And it means they can spy on what you are trying to extract. So no Michael Jackson remix bootlegs on the sly. The full version being Mac-only was already crossed off my list, but being able to rent it means I can use it when I have access to a Mac. The Mac I am using now is not stable. It's a shared computer and the hard drive is showing its age--I am not confident in performing the SSD upgrade which requires melting the glue that attaches the glass screen. Apple is known to reject repairs on tampered Macs. Not going to pay a Genius several hundred to do something I'm usually capable of on PC and older iMacs; nor get a thunderbolt enclosure, which are greedily overpriced. No sireee!
Last edited by meldavid on Thu May 31, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 10 times in total.

I'm wary of buying anything that requires the "cloud" to do the work. If the company goes out of business, you are out of luck.

That said, for $19.99, you could get it for a month to try it, run all the stuff you want through it, and then cancel until the next time you need it.

What's the latest and greatest Waves coupon code? Might have to pick up a few for a gig. TIA.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

soundbylaura wrote:What's the latest and greatest Waves coupon code? Might have to pick up a few for a gig. TIA.
YNY23 still appears to be working for 10% off. I don't know if there's anything later or greater out there but would be happy to hear if there is, as I'm thinking of getting a few while their buy-3-get-1 deal is still on.

Well damn.

That Polyverse sale was absurdly short. Barely had time to demo Gatekeeper and Manipulator. Guess I’ll wait till the next sale.

We’ll be having an insanely short 1-day sale on June 1 and I believe Gatekeeper will be part of it.

vstbuzz wrote:VSTBuzz: 90% off “Hypernode” by Rigid Audio for Kontakt - Normally €199.99 Now €19.99!

More information at: https://vstbuzz.com/deals/90-off-hypernode-rigid-audio/
Sweet deal.

Uncle E wrote:We’ll be having an insanely short 1-day sale on June 1 and I believe Gatekeeper will be part of it.
Looking forward to this one :tu:

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”