Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chaos318 wrote:The Zinio shop checkout does not work for me in total.
Just an error appreas that this page does not exists.
I've tried it already on several computers but its not working.
Any other chance to join the special? Does the purchase via Android or iOS app work with the coupon?
Got exactly that with Firefox on Windows 8.1 x64 . Fixed it using Chrome . Hope it will help

Thanks for the reply but the problem is with Chrome. Also Internet Explorer does not working.
I used know may iPads Safari, on the first look it work but for any reason the have book my order double.
I only ordered the Magazin abo but 5 minutes later they also confirmed that i have bought the single issue, which was not the case!
So much trouble for a magazin and few bugs, i'm annoyed!

Chrome worked fine for me, so something else is going on with your setup.

I've been avoiding shopping at musiciansfriend since their website is so loaded with broken scripts it's nearly unusable, but I persisted today because the stupid deal of the day is Ohm Force Ohmicide effects plugin for $29, regularly $129, that was on my wish list.

I've never seen a broken script on musicians friends website, I go there a lot.

By broken I mean time-sucking, spinning-beachball-generating lockups that make it appear to be doing nothing and refusing to finish loading pages. Happens in both Firefox and Safari on the Mac.

ETA:

I'm looking at the site on two Macs, side-by-side. One is having trouble doing anything and the other is trouble-free. On the one with trouble, I can't view the cart, no way no how. The button does nothing but put the link text at the bottom of the screen, indicating that it's loading, but the refresh icon in the address box doesn't change to an X, indicating that it isn't loading.

The one that's working is a newer Mac running an older Firefox. My Mac at home is also older and doesn't play well with the MF website. And by older I don't mean really old. I mean new enough to be my music machine. It can run my DAW and my plugins but it can't display the MF website.
Last edited by amyhughes on Tue May 27, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Musician's Friend is adding 21.17€ for DHL Express shipping and I can't find a way to bypass it. Does ohmicide really ship in a box? I live in EU.

In the USA I had several shipping options, including free ground shipping, but no electronic delivery option. I kinda doubt it's even available in a box, so this seems to be an error. I guess I'll find out when they either send me a download link or a shipping notice.

amyhughes wrote:In the USA I had several shipping options, including free ground shipping, but no electronic delivery option. I kinda doubt it's even available in a box, so this seems to be an error. I guess I'll find out when they either send me a download link or a shipping notice.
The majority of these are a 'boxed' version. Sometimes nothing more than a CD with the download link and serial number. Free shipping takes a bit though because they do a postal service by going through UPS first. Seems counter-intuitive to me, and I think simply sending it first class would take less time.

But these deals do come. Albeit with the charges of Tax and VAT for shipping a 'physical product' associated with them for whatever location ordered from.

akson wrote:Musician's Friend is adding 21.17€ for DHL Express shipping and I can't find a way to bypass it. Does ohmicide really ship in a box? I live in EU.
If you poke around this forum you'll find someone that used to buy stuff in the US and send you the key/serial. I can't remember who it was (maybe someone else does?) but it seemed an option that a lot of people took advantage of and I don't remember ever seeing any complaints. $29 is pretty cheap for ohmicide...

pmczar wrote:Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the Day

Ohm Force Ohmicide: Today's Price $29
That store should be called Teamster's Friend, everything's got to be shipped by snailmail :P :(

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

And even at $29 Ohmicide is basically a "one-trick pony" distortion FX plug

I'm really wondering what happened to 4lbKitty and her concierge service :?:

Maybe she's building cat towers? :hihi:

chrisby wrote:I can't remember who it was (maybe someone else does?) but it seemed an option that a lot of people took advantage of and I don't remember ever seeing any complaints.
We would do it but they charge us sales tax and the price would be higher. :(

Tricky-Loops wrote:I'm really wondering what happened to 4lbKitty and her concierge service :?:

Maybe she's building cat towers? :hihi:
Well pretty sure that's who I was thinking of, so I guess that's over maybe?

amyhughes wrote:In the USA I had several shipping options, including free ground shipping, but no electronic delivery option. I kinda doubt it's even available in a box, so this seems to be an error. I guess I'll find out when they either send me a download link or a shipping notice.
Ohmicide is a postcard with an activation code that ships inside a dvd case. No cd/dvd. If you have a friend stateside best send it to them and have them e-mail you the code. I think 4lb Kitty used to provide this service for a small fee. Not sure now.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”