Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hans25 wrote: Well then the "impulse" lives up to it's name. You got it right away. Novation has some of the best actions in the market. But I purchased Roland A-800 pro, and I have never tried a better action for my taste at least. They are perfect to play on a feels just right. Not that I'm a great pianist or keyboard-player, but this keyboard is real sturdy and feels like quality. Only issue for some (I like it) is the special pitch/modwheel Roland uses. Either you hate it or love it.
I had looked at the Impulse before but decided to first go with the Arturia because of it's feel and the 16 drum pads. It's a great design but the build quality is pretty sorry. Musician's Friend matched the price I paid for the Arturia which I got with a pretty nice coupon code so it was an easy swap.......on paper at least let's see how it goes. Seems like just about everything has been going wrong lately............ :bang:

I just looked at the A800 but it seems bit odd to me. Are those drum pads ? Is everything really pink or is it just the picture at Musician's Friend ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I just looked at the A800 but it seems bit odd to me. Are those drum pads ? Is everything really pink or is it just the picture at Musician's Friend ? :)
No everything is NOT pink. It's just the led-light. I don't know how they switched them all on at the same time. They are just like any other rubber pads, white when not on and orange (not pink) when pressed. I would say that this keyboard is for musicians where the action and build quality really matters. The unit feels like it's build to last. I hasn't got many drum pads, buttons and knobs, but I think it definitely has enough to get a good workflow in any daw. I also like that the unit, though the keys are full size, is kept in a reasonable size. I really hate those giant AKAI units that take up all the space on your desk. The drumpads are ok, but if it really matters to you, you should by an external dedicated unit. That's what I have. I use the Korg PadKontrol which has a reasonable price and the pads are the best out there except for the Maschine pads. The Akai Pads I have tried always felt like they had to get beaten to trigger them. I prefer to have the Roland midi-keyboard which has an ok small size and then the KorgPadkontrol next to it. Then I can remove/move the unit when needed.

If you like to have everything in one unit and don't care about space or key action then buy an AKAI-unit. They just seem to be for more for dj's than musicians.
Last edited by Hans25 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow don't get so defensive. Did I hit a nerve there ? :lol:

I already own a Trigger Finger and Axiom 49 so I'm looking for an all in one solution. I have the room so that's not an issue. The Akai seems to fit the bill just fine and appears to be built for real musicians and not amateurs like the Roland A800........ :lol:

I decided last night to cancel the Novation and go with the Akai MPK 61. It's better suited to what I want and need and the keyboard felt pretty nice from what I could tell at the shop with their impossibly slanted keyboard displays.....at least as nice as the Novation. They didn't carry the A800 because it's a professional music shop....... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Wow don't get so defensive. Did I hit a nerve there ? :lol:
Nono. You misunderstand. Im not beeing defensive. It was to relief you 8) but I can see that some of my comment was modded out. A little strickt I think. You just sounded like you were scared by those pink lights.
The Akai seems to fit the bill just fine and appears to be built for real musicians and not amateurs like the Roland A800........ :lol:
Liar! :D
I decided last night to cancel the Novation and go with the Akai MPK 61.
:dog: At least you now have an excuse for horrible performance :hihi:
They didn't carry the A800 because it's a professional music shop....... :wink:
I thought they were musicians' friend? Then they are liars too. :o. They have to change that name and url.

SalemBeatsKVR wrote:Huge Sale on
Waves Silver Bundle:
$156

Includes:

- C1 Compressor (Reg. $150)
- DeEsser (Reg. $100)
- Doubler (Reg. $150)
- Enigma (Reg. $100)
- IR-L Convolution Reverb (Reg. $250)
- L1 Ultramaximizer (Reg. $200)
- MaxxBass (Reg. $150)
- MondoMod (Reg. $100)
- PAZ Analyzer (Reg. $150)
- Q10 Equalizer (Reg. $100)
- Renaissance Axx (Reg. $75)
- Renaissance Compressor (Reg. $150)
- Renaissance Equalizer (Reg. $150)
- S1 Stereo Imager (Reg. $150)
- SuperTap (Reg. $100)
- TrueVerb (Reg. $150)

By my calculations, that's $2,225 worth of software for $156.

Click here to check out the deal.

-Ki
Salem Beats
You can't take the plugins out of a bundle and compare the prices by summing the individual price of each plugin. You have to compare the price of the silverbundle with the Silverbundle price before the sale. The price looks like it's about the same as it was when it was on global sale some time ago. Is this linking only to get people to click you links so you can earn royalty or something?

Teksonik wrote:
I already own a Trigger Finger and Axiom 49 so I'm looking for an all in one solution. I have the room so that's not an issue. The Akai seems to fit the bill just fine and appears to be built for real musicians and not amateurs like the Roland A800........ :lol:

I decided last night to cancel the Novation and go with the Akai MPK 61. It's better suited to what I want and need and the keyboard felt pretty nice from what I could tell at the shop with their impossibly slanted keyboard displays.....at least as nice as the Novation. They didn't carry the A800 because it's a professional music shop....... :wink:
I think it really is a matter of personal preference. I find the MPK's to be superior to the Roland's and Novation's for my tastes too. I found that playing certain sample player software requires the two wheels over a spring loaded return to zero modulation though. This and the size of the pads, kills the Roland as a consideration. Still waiting to actually see the new run of MPK's though. The ones I saw at NAMM are considerbly improved over the current run. And of course, still waiting for the Alesis to actually be stocked.

But to each their own.

BBFG# wrote:I found that playing certain sample player software requires the two wheels over a spring loaded return to zero modulation though. This and the size of the pads, kills the Roland as a consideration.

I can understand your pad considerations but couldn't you just assign another knob to adjust the modulation? Anyway I can always use the modulation key on the Microkorg 61 ;-). Thanks for your information about the single license sale. That was a good help :tu:
Still waiting to actually see the new run of MPK's though. The ones I saw at NAMM are considerbly improved over the current run. And of course, still waiting for the Alesis to actually be stocked.
But to each their own.
Do you actually play the keyboard I mean like gigging or just record chords/notes etc.? I'm just curious. The Alesis seems to be bang for a bucks or what you say.

Hans25 wrote:
BBFG# wrote:I found that playing certain sample player software requires the two wheels over a spring loaded return to zero modulation though. This and the size of the pads, kills the Roland as a consideration.

I can understand your pad considerations but couldn't you just assign another knob to adjust the modulation? Anyway I can always use the modulation key on the Microkorg 61 ;-). Thanks for your information about the single license sale. That was a good help :tu:

I have that 'knob' assignment on my VMK which also uses a four-way return to zero joystick. Problem is that any movement of the joystick also returns the modulation to zero, regardless of the knob/slider assignment.
Hans25 wrote:
BBFG# wrote: Still waiting to actually see the new run of MPK's though. The ones I saw at NAMM are considerbly improved over the current run. And of course, still waiting for the Alesis to actually be stocked.
But to each their own.
Do you actually play the keyboard I mean like gigging or just record chords/notes etc.? I'm just curious. The Alesis seems to be bang for a bucks or what you say.
Since I played them at the Trade show, there wasn't any 'gigging', but they did have it hooked to a computer where I did some recording and heard how they actually responded.
I tried everything I could find as it was a major interest to me. The only two controllers I came back to repeatedly were the Akai MPK88 and the Alesis Vi's. The Novation; M-Audio; Behringer all felt cheap in one way or another. The Rolands and the Korgs I found lacking in things I need/use regularly. Although I agree that Alesis does give the most 'bang for the buck' IMO, it still comes down to personal preference.
(My apologies to all for derailing).

Teksonik wrote:Anybody know if Arturia is going to run it's half off sale again ? I'd pick up the CS80V again for $50 and maybe Jupiter 8V as well......... :)
We have Mini V's left over from the last sale.

Hans25 wrote:You can't take the plugins out of a bundle and compare the prices by summing the individual price of each plugin. You have to compare the price of the silverbundle with the Silverbundle price before the sale. The price looks like it's about the same as it was when it was on global sale some time ago. Is this linking only to get people to click you links so you can earn royalty or something?
...also, was on sale (iirc last year black Friday...?) @ $99. Gutted I didn't go for that :scared:
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:...also, was on sale (iirc last year black Friday...?) @ $99. Gutted I didn't go for that :scared:
Well in a month it's black friday again. Then you might be lucky ;-).

BBFG# wrote:I have that 'knob' assignment on my VMK which also uses a four-way return to zero joystick. Problem is that any movement of the joystick also returns the modulation to zero, regardless of the knob/slider assignment.
Ok I see your problem. Sometimes it's possible to remap all kinds of things, but this is probably not possible. Else just use another knob for pitch :D.

I read a review where the user said that the MPK88 has better keys than AKAI normally use. But haven't tried that one. No what I mean with my question before wasn't if you played the keyboards on NAMM. I ment if you are a keyboardplayer yourself? I would definitely not call myself that even though I like to practise and play some chords for fun.
Last edited by Hans25 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hans25 wrote:
SalemBeatsKVR wrote:Huge Sale on
Waves Silver Bundle:
$156

Includes:

- C1 Compressor (Reg. $150)
- DeEsser (Reg. $100)
- Doubler (Reg. $150)
- Enigma (Reg. $100)
- IR-L Convolution Reverb (Reg. $250)
- L1 Ultramaximizer (Reg. $200)
- MaxxBass (Reg. $150)
- MondoMod (Reg. $100)
- PAZ Analyzer (Reg. $150)
- Q10 Equalizer (Reg. $100)
- Renaissance Axx (Reg. $75)
- Renaissance Compressor (Reg. $150)
- Renaissance Equalizer (Reg. $150)
- S1 Stereo Imager (Reg. $150)
- SuperTap (Reg. $100)
- TrueVerb (Reg. $150)

By my calculations, that's $2,225 worth of software for $156.

Click here to check out the deal.

-Ki
Salem Beats
You can't take the plugins out of a bundle and compare the prices by summing the individual price of each plugin. You have to compare the price of the silverbundle with the Silverbundle price before the sale.
It's ~$50 less than the 2nd-lowest sale price I've been able to find through the other plugin discounters,
and ~$450 less than the normal street price for the bundle.

If you find a lower price, though, definitely tell everyone about it!
That's the whole point of the Bargain Center.
Hans25 wrote:Is this linking only to get people to click you links so you can earn royalty or something?
I have a financial interest in promoting plugin sales, just as many of the other frequent posters in the Bargain Center (i.e., Uncle E from JRR Shop, Vojtech from MeldaProduction, vstbuzz, etc.) do.

This has no effect on the validity or the price of the deal.
If anything, you can trust me more than many of the other frequent posters to share the best plugins and prices, since I'm not restricted to promoting a particular reseller or developer.
$156 for the Waves Silver Bundle is the best price I've been able to find right now.
If that changes, I'll change the URL my shortlink points to.

I hope I've answered all of your questions satisfactorily.
I'm sorry that I didn't answer your questions sooner - I don't really like to get caught up in discussion/gossip about sales, so I don't visit this thread nearly as often as I visit the main Bargain Center thread.
Let me know if you'd like to know anything else. I'll be happy to answer.

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)

SalemBeatsKVR wrote:I have a financial interest in promoting plugin sales, just as many of the other frequent posters in the Bargain Center (i.e., Uncle E from JRR Shop, Vojtech from MeldaProduction, vstbuzz, etc.) do.
Ok. That's seriously a big collision of interests. And in my opinion you are only helping yourself, not potential buyers here. I have seen NO other person promoting links to resellers to earn money from it. There are a lot of resellers promoting their stuff in the bargain thread and that's another story. You are not a reseller. You just want people to click your stinking links. And do you know why I think this is a big problem?! This is a big problem because I have seen you consistently post bargains that already were posted just a few posts before, but you post them again so your post is the last one. And furthermore when you repost a bargain, you often link to offers more EXPENSIVE than the first bargain offer. In my opinion that's just a greedy way to obstruct the bargain thread. And when you furthermore make the offer sound like it's better than it is it get's even worse. Like when you sum the single plugin prices from waves instead of comparing the bundle price to before the bundle price. You just do this to get more clicks and this is not beneficial from buyers perspective.

Furthermore you make your posts extra long so they fill the entire screen to make it the only thing to see when you click it. I think your behavior is greedy and selfish.
SalemBeatsKVR wrote: If anything, you can trust me more
Definitely NOT. Other members post bargains here just to help each other including myself. You are not one of them.

Hans25 wrote:I think your behavior is greedy and selfish.
"A man convinced against his will; is of the same opinion still."
- Dale Carnegie

You already decided how you felt about me long before I came here to respond, so I'm not going to clog up this discussion thread with a meaningless back-and-forth.
If you've already established an opinion of me, your perception of everything I do and say will be filtered through that perspective.
I post here on behalf of the resellers who can't be bothered to take the time to do what Uncle E does, and I see no harm in that - only mutual benefit.
Hans25 wrote:I read a review where the user said that the MPK88 has better keys than AKAI normally use. But haven't tried that one. No what I mean with my question before wasn't if you played the keyboards on NAMM. I ment if you are a keyboardplayer yourself? I would definitely not call myself that even though I like to practise and play some chords for fun.
I've used the MPK88 in person, and its keys suck (IMO).
Fatar (Studiologic) and Yamaha weighted keys are much better.

-Ki
Salem Beats (+Reviews)
Last edited by SalemBeatsKVR on Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”