Vendors allowing license transfers

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As of July 2013 for iLok'ed software:

- If the manufacturer allows license transfers, the owner has to transfer their iLok license(s) from their account to the buyer's account.

- As of July 2013, this can be done directly from the iLok License Manager (iLM) by instigating a transfer procedure for one or more licenses to a different account.

- You need the iLok account name of the person you're transferring the license to. Don't make a mistake because, they're not responsible for it and there will likely be charges for rectifying the error (unspecified!).

- During the transfer procedure via iLM you will be asked to pay $25 by credit card for a single license transfer, or $50 for two or more licenses. The max charged for a single transaction is $50. So it pays to sell more than 2 licenses at a time... not sure about the logic in that since we do all the work and they just get the cash...

After the iLok transfer is completed, then there may be manufacturer fees. For example, to transfer a single Slate Digital license will cost you $25 (iLok) + $10 (Slate) = $35.

What a love/hate relationship... actually it's mostly tolerate/hate for me... ;)
Last edited by Breeze on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

As of August 2013, Plugin Alliance transfer rules are (just got this reply today):
If you want to transfer Plugin Alliance licenses to a buyer, this is what we need:

- The buyer needs to have an account opened and active at www.plugin-alliance.com

- The buyer will need to pay a $20 fee per plugin to be transferred to his account.

- We need the buyers first name, last name and the email address of his EXISTING account.

- We need the same info from you and your account.
So unusually, the onus is on the buyer to pay for the transfer, instead of the seller. That's a little odd...

**Udate: Plugin Alliance support confirms that transferred licenses remain full licenses.

I've seen ToneBoosters products being sold here, but my email from ToneBoosters (containing the license keys) states: "The download consists of (a) zipped, non-transferrable registration key file(s) to upgrade
evaluation versions to fully-functional registered plugins."

Has the developer stated otherwise on these forums?

Aubrey Lamont wrote:I've seen ToneBoosters products being sold here, but my email from ToneBoosters (containing the license keys) states: "The download consists of (a) zipped, non-transferrable registration key file(s) to upgrade

Ask them directly what their transfer and resale policy is. Sometimes you can transfer the licenses but the dev will emit a new license to the new owner and blacklist the old one to make sure it can never be legally used again (hence "unique"). Please let us know what they tell you. ;)

Breeze wrote:
Aubrey Lamont wrote:I've seen ToneBoosters products being sold here, but my email from ToneBoosters (containing the license keys) states: "The download consists of (a) zipped, non-transferrable registration key file(s) to upgrade

Ask them directly what their transfer and resale policy is. Sometimes you can transfer the licenses but the dev will emit a new license to the new owner and blacklist the old one to make sure it can never be legally used again (hence "unique"). Please let us know what they tell you. ;)
From Jeroen:

"If you find a new licensee, transfer your key files
to him/her, delete them from your own system, and provide me with the
contact details of the new licensee."

Dear friends from KVR,

In the last 3 days, I've been trying to get any information about transferring a DiscoDSP Corona license to another user, without success. People on Share-It seem unable to give me any info at all, and the FAQ area on DiscoDSP website doesn't help that much as well.

If someone could give some hints about this whole transfer process, please, I'd appreciate a lot.

EDIT: Problem seemed to be solved.

Does anyone know if Soundtoys allows license transfers? I contacted them but haven't heard back yet (it's the weekend, they might not have anyone in their office until tomorrow).

Looking to pick up a copy of crystallizer and/or echoboy but not sure what their policy stands.

post deleted, don't know how to do that on KVR....

Ilya Efimov, Impactsoundworks. Ample Sound , Orangetree, do they allow the license transfer please?
Thanks!

Can I sell my FXpansion products as a bundle and pay one fee instead of multiple fees?
Last edited by EnGee on Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

If you sell multiple products to one person at the same time there's just one fee, not multiple. I guess they have worded it like that for people to read it and think "nevermind".
:hug:

Crackbaby wrote:If you sell multiple products to one person at the same time there's just one fee, not multiple. I guess they have worded it like that for people to read it and think "nevermind".
Thanks for the explanation :-)

I did contact their support and Alex sent me another email telling me what you wrote above, that I can sell them all for one fee if they will be for the same person and he enabled me to buy the fee in my account.

NOTE: This info applies to Superior Drummer on Windows 7 with Studio One Pro, as of 2014-04-09. I imagine it applies to their other products and platforms, but far as I can see, you'd have to look individually for every combination to be absolutely certain. Navigate to their Support Portal, select your product, yadda...

Short version: No fee, doesn't become NFR, have to notify them

Long version from their site:
If you would like to sell your Toontrack license, you must be aware of the following;

You must notify us of the sale and provide: (i) the name of the Toontrack product, (ii) the serial number of the product and (iii) the name and email address of the new owner. If you do not provide this notification, the new owner may not be able to use the product and will not be able to access our support services or receive free updates regarding the Toontrack product. The notification must be sent using the Contact Support button below.

You must remove your copy of the Toontrack product from your computer, server and other back-up device or service or otherwise render it unusable.

You may not sell partial licenses of any Toontrack products.

You must inform the new owner that the Toontrack product and license remains subject to our End-User License Agreement located here.

Anybody knows about Valhalla DSP Plugins?
Any info on how is welcome.

edit;

Got help, here is a thread about it;

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=337504

AIR Music Tech Plugins (Vacuum Pro, Hybrid 3, Loom....) are all NFR.
I received an email that they don't make license transfers
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”