What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Kirk Hunter Group Buy: NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

398 posts since 1 Oct, 2005, from Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby KirkHunter; Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:24 am Kirk Hunter Group Buy: NOW 50% OFF ALL LIBRARIES!

THE GROUP BUY HAS REACHED THE HIGHEST DISCOUNT LEVEL, 50% OFF ALL KIRK HUNTER STUDIOS LIBRARIES!!!

(The Group buy has now been extended until Feb. 20th, 2014 However, you don't have to actually PAY until Feb. 28th, 2014)

This year Kirk Hunter Studios, a leading developer of high quality string, brass and orchestral sample libraries, is introducing its most advanced string sample library to date, Spotlight Strings, a solo strings library representing a breakthrough in realism and playability for string sample libraries. Even better, we're offering you the opportunity to save 50% off! Every major sample library we make is part of the Group Buy!

How it works:
1. Join the Group Buy by signing up HERE.
By signing up, you commit yourself to purchasing at least ONE of the
libraries listed there, and also listed at the bottom of this posting.

Instant Gratification
Once you sign up, you can purchase right then and there, or at the end of the Group
Buy. If you purchase now, you will be given a refund of the difference
between the price you paid and the Group Buy ending price. That way,
you can enjoy the library(s) now. You will have the option of purchasing on the signup page HERE.

2. Watch the Group Buy Discount Levels at the bottom of this posting.

3. Watch/monitor our Group Buy Thread here at KVR and participate in the
conversation!

4. Spread the Word to Others Who Use Sample Libraries and Save Even More!
The more people that join the Group Buy, the lower the price of the
libraries. So, it pays to tell others about the group buy in the
forums you use, in social media -- anywhere your fellow musicians who
use sample libraries visit

To see an overview video of Spotlight Strings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scd7BZiEyUQ

NOTE WE'VE LOWERED ALL OF OUR LIST PRICES, SEE BELOW

Libraries Included in the Group Buy:

Spotlight Strings Reg Price - WAS $299 NEW LIST PRICE $249 NOW $124.50 USD
Our most advanced and playable string library.

Concert Strings 2 Reg Price - WAS $799 NEW LIST PRICE $399 NOW $199.50 USD
4 String Sections in 1 Library - Symphonic, Studio, Chamber and Solo.
For EXS24 too!

Concert Brass 2 Reg Price - WAS $349 NEW LIST PRICE $249 NOW $124.50 USD
4 Brass Sections in 1 Library - Symphonic, Studio, Chamber and Solo.

Pop/Rock Strings Reg Price - WAS $249 NEW LIST PRICE $179 NOW $89.50 USD
Built from parts of the popular Concert Strings 2 Library, and only
requires Kontakt's free player.

Diamond Symphony Orchestra Reg Price - WAS $549 NEW LIST PRICE $299 NOW $149.50 USD
While being our entry-level strings, brass and woodwinds, this library
also includes several orchestral percussion instruments as well.

Solo Strings 1 Reg Price - WAS $99 NEW LIST PRICE $79 NOW $39.50
Although it's included in the Diamond library, by itself it has been a
best seller!

Number of GB Participants / Discount
1 - 49: 15% OFF
50-99: 20% OFF
100-149: 25% OFF
150-199: 30% OFF
200-249: 35% OFF
250-299: 40% OFF
300 or more: 50% OFF LEVEL REACHED

WE ARE CURRENTLY AT 302 GROUP BUY PARTICIPANTS AND 50% OFF

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/signup ... up_buy.php
Last edited by KirkHunter on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:28 am, edited 13 times in total.
KVRAF

3136 posts since 23 May, 2004, from Northern Central CA (not as good as Eureka)

Postby Musical Gym; Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:52 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Looks like the number of participants is growing!
Last edited by Musical Gym on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRist

40 posts since 19 Jun, 2009

Postby songshark; Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:26 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Since Spotlight Strings won't run on free Kontakt player, can someone pls tell me what is the least expensive Kontakt product that I would have to buy (and approx how much $ if you know?) to be able to run Spotlight Strings? Thanks!
KVRian

1275 posts since 4 Dec, 2002, from Earth

Postby eDrummist; Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:01 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

songshark wrote:Since Spotlight Strings won't run on free Kontakt player, can someone pls tell me what is the least expensive Kontakt product that I would have to buy (and approx how much $ if you know?) to be able to run Spotlight Strings? Thanks!

Hi songshark,

You need to purchase the full version of KONTAKT to run Spotlight Strings, as well as the vast majority of KONTAKT sample libraries. I think you probably knew that but got the wording wrong.

You could buy Pop/Rock Strings, which includes the KONTAKT Player and get special KONTAKT full version upgrade pricing. If you're looking for the cheapest library that includes the KONTAKT Player so that you can qualify for NI's upgrade pricing it would be Sennheiser's Drum Mic'A which is free (you'll need to read a little German or use translation to get through the site's registration/order form and they'll send you a DVD):
http://de-de.sennheiser.com/drummica
KVRist

40 posts since 19 Jun, 2009

Postby songshark; Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:27 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

No, I didn't know that -- that is precisely what I was asking. You answered -- thanks. (Most of the Kontakt sample libraries I've used only require the Player.)
KVRist

398 posts since 1 Oct, 2005, from Los Angeles, CA USA

Postby KirkHunter; Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:36 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

songshark wrote:Since Spotlight Strings won't run on free Kontakt player, can someone pls tell me what is the least expensive Kontakt product that I would have to buy (and approx how much $ if you know?) to be able to run Spotlight Strings? Thanks!

-If you own an activated Kontakt Player library (such as Pop Rock Strings), then you can get Kontakt 5 for $2249 here:
http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... ade-offer/
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:12 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Breaking news...There is an absolutely HUGE announcement coming soon from Kirk Hunter Studios. Stay tuned.
KVRist

432 posts since 13 May, 2004

Postby rasmusklump; Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:37 am Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

If that is a change in the copyprotection of spotlight strings, I'm in.
KVRer

22 posts since 19 Dec, 2013, from Japan

Postby Chandlerhimself; Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:45 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Is the contest mentioned in the previous thread still going? Its too bad the previous thread was deleted as it had lots of good info.
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:04 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Chandlerhimself wrote:Is the contest mentioned in the previous thread still going? Its too bad the previous thread was deleted as it had lots of good info.

Yes it is!
KVRer

10 posts since 19 May, 2006, from Blaine WA

Postby Boydbob; Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:37 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

I have the previous 10 pages in a formatted text file I could post as a single Long (16 pgs) text or pdf file. I'm just not sure of the best way to do this.

Boyd
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:50 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Boydbob wrote:I have the previous 10 pages in a formatted text file I could post as a single Long (16 pgs) text or pdf file. I'm just not sure of the best way to do this.

Boyd

That's an interesting idea. I say, if people post they want it, why not? I bet that there are probably length limits on posts though, you it might have to be broken up into several posts.

Kudos to you for saving it and being so considerate as to ask people if they'd be interested in you posting it.

- Peter
KVRer

10 posts since 19 May, 2006, from Blaine WA

Postby Boydbob; Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:52 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

Here are the main posts from the old forum about the contest.
Boyd

KirkHunter
Okay, hot off the presses, to give everyone a little new year challenge, we're happy to announce Kirk Hunter Studios 2014 customer demo contest. Win up to $500 USD in store credit and have your song featured on our website!

1st Prize: $500 USD in store credit for any purchase at KirkHunterStudios.com.*
2nd Prize: $250 USD in store credit for any purchase at KirkHunterStudios.com.*
3rd Prize: $125 USD in store credit for any purchase at KirkHunterStudios.com.*

Every entrant that does not place (1st, 2nd or 3rd) who submits a qualifying entry (song) will receive a $15 USD store credit for any purchase at KirkHunterStudios.com.*

- Submit any non-copyrighted song from any genre, either original or public domain.
- Use ONLY Kirk Hunter Studios string/brass/orchestral libraries (using another developer's string/brass/orchestral libraries in addition to ours will confuse listeners about whose libraries they're hearing). The song can be any length or style.
- By submitting your song for entry you agree to let your song and name (or screen name, if you prefer) be featured at KirkHunterStudios.com, in forums and in social media posts. Yes, we want the world to hear your creation!
- All song entries must be submitted to kirkhunterstudios@gmail.com by no later than January 25, 2013 by 11:59 PST.

These contests are always exciting and we're hoping for a lot of entries! Good luck to everyone!

*Store credit is good for any purchase at any time, except for Group Buys.
I have one KH demo library on my old computer plus I now have the Spotlight demo.
Can I use these KH demo libraries for the contest? Are there any other KH demo libraries available?
Will original tunes carry more weight than public domain material, or does that matter at all?
Can I copyright my own tune before I submit it?
How many tunes will be accepted per user?

Hi Musical Gym,

Kirk's unavailable at the moment, but considering that we worked on this together, I can answer most of your questions.

You can absolutely use other sample library instruments by other developers, the only point in the rule about using only Kirk Hunter Studios orchestral/strings/brass libraries is because if you, for example mixed KHS libraries with those made by another developer a listener would not be able to discern or easily discern which library is being used (even though, in the real world, musicians regularly use, layer and mix various developer makes of string sample libraries together, for example). So feel free to use any other kinds or developer's sample libraries, live instruments, vocals, sound effects, you name it -- just as long as it doesn't infringe on anyone else's copyright.

No weight will be given whether it is an original or public domain piece of music -- but we will be highly impressed and shower additional public praise upon you if you have a great original composition, of course. Smile And regarding the copyright, yes, if you own the copyright that is fine and I'd strongly recommend copyrighting your original compositions. The real point of the mention of non-copyrighted music is due to our not wanting to infringe on others copyrights, but if you own the copyright and provide permission to use it, absolutely. If the song is new to us and has not been submitted in a past Kirk Hunter Studios contest, that's all that matters. In the end, the contest is about creating a great demo of the Kirk Hunter Studios sample library or libraries you are featuring.

Kirk and I didn't discuss limits on song submissions, so fairly randomly, I'll say a max. of 3 song submissions and I'll check with Kirk for a final number. As far as using demo libraries or full libraries, if the final production sounds great and you met all of the other qualifications, it doesn't matter, but of course, demos are much more limited, so it will be challenging when strings or brass, for example, are prominently featured. As far as other Kirk Hunter Studios libraries available as a trial/demo, in addition to the Spotlight Strings demo, there is a demo of Concert Brass 2. Here's the link: http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/signup ... 2_demo.php Good luck!

- Peter
Also, I'm not sure whether you would really want to feature a composition that contains limitations characteristic of a demo library. After all, I think you would want to show off the full features of the library rather than something that is purposely crippled somewhat. Another challenge, though, to make even the demo sound like it isn't one.

Yes, the store credits are good anytime with the exception of Group Buys. As far as using a library demo to make an audio demo, I agree with your observation that using a library demo would make it significantly more difficult to pull off a full performance highlighting that library, my thought was that lets say you already own Concert Strings 2 and you added strings from the Spotlight Strings demo. There will be competition and the last one of these we had (2012?) had some amazing submissions, so the various entrants will set the bar. I'd love to see people getting creative and submitting stuff we wouldn't expect. The main thing is this. It's a customer demo contest, so basically, it really has to highlight one or more Kirk Hunter Studios libraries -- and you're instincts, I think, are correct, that you want to have a pretty full pallet at your disposal when you're trying to convey to people what a library can do. Personally, I'd love to see (okay, hear) some surprises. Mix it up. I suppose I was a little inspired today listening to Peter Gabriel's new album and cover of Bowies' song "Heroes," a very ambient track that primarily features him and strings.

Last KHS contest, the very talented Ettore della Campa entered and created the audio you hear in this video, replacing the original audio from the performance with his own performance featuring Kirk Hunter Studios Solo Violin from the Concert Strings II library. I loved the idea alone, but then add how challenging this piece is! That performance of his, amazes me. My jaw dropped when I first watched and listened to that video, heard the sound and realized what he had done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dKNwLPKFPk

Okay, back on topic! I need to look up entries from the last contest. It's amazing (and intimidating) how much talent there is right here at KVR (where most of the submissions came from). Seriously.
KVRer

15 posts since 27 Jun, 2009

Postby dwcaldwell; Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:11 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

With the newly announced price reductions, that means if the final group buy discount level is reached, the final cost would match the insane 75% off group buy from a couple of years ago. I didn't think I would ever see that again. That's freakin' awesome.
KVRian

Postby eDrummist; Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:27 pm Re: Kirk Hunter Group Buy!!! Up to 50% OFF! Strings, Brass..

dwcaldwell wrote:With the newly announced price reductions, that means if the final group buy discount level is reached, the final cost would match the insane 75% off group buy from a couple of years ago. I didn't think I would ever see that again. That's freakin' awesome.

Exactly.

Kirk and I have been discussing the prospect of making orchestral libraries more accessible for a few years. I love that he's doing this. It's a big deal (BFD). I hope people appreciate that it's a pretty big risk to do this too. Of course, It means A LOT LESS revenue/profit on each sample library sold. But I believe it will mean A LOT more people will be able to afford high end orchestral libraries that previously could not afford them.

It changes things for the high end orchestral sample library developer market, which has always been filled with pretty costly sample libraries. And that's not because the devs are greedy. These libraries cost a lot to make and the market is not huge. But on the user side, the result is that the high end libraries have been cost prohibitive to A LOT of potential users.

A lot of people, me included, start off with something like GPO or Miroslav (both, in my own case), both of which are really inexpensive and a lot of fun. But when they get to the point where they become more demanding in terms of realism and capabilities and grow beyond a starter library/VST, the choices of high end, full orchestral libraries is a huge leap in terms of price. Even a full, high end string costs will easily cost several hundred dollars. So, it can be cost prohibitive, or close to it, for many people (those of us in wealthier nations, should especially consider that there are a good deal of talented musicians in less wealthy nations who would also love to have these tools).

So, it changes things. Even without this Group Buy, the new prices are great. But of course, combine the new, low regular prices with the group buy and it's pretty amazing. No one else is doing anything close to this for high end, sophisticated orchestral sample libraries. At best, some devs have lite versions of their full orchestral libraries or string sections. Maybe it will start a trend for orchestral library devs to lower prices. I don't think that would be such a bad thing.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Market Place (Buy / Sell / Special Offers)