Atomic Sequencing tool and updates

RELATED
PRODUCTS

tconrardy wrote:
BUT , of course we welcome new ideas for future releases. What would you suggest?

Tim
For it to be available for the mac. Is that in the cards?

jeff b.

jeffb01 wrote:
tconrardy wrote:
BUT , of course we welcome new ideas for future releases. What would you suggest?

Tim
For it to be available for the mac. Is that in the cards?

jeff b.

Not unless SE ( SynthEdit) is ported to Mac :-( so, that might be a while. Sorry about that!!

Tim

Tim,

I am just starting playing with Atomic, and I love it, but I just have a small problem: I can't load the blank bank since it crashes both energyXT2 and minihost on my machine :-(

So I created my own blank bank, but you might want to check this since a crash is always an unpleasant surprise.

Cheers,

Antoine

antoine.bertier wrote:Tim,

I am just starting playing with Atomic, and I love it, but I just have a small problem: I can't load the blank bank since it crashes both energyXT2 and minihost on my machine :-(

So I created my own blank bank, but you might want to check this since a crash is always an unpleasant surprise.

Cheers,

Antoine
Really.???.I have to check..thanks for noticing..I created the blank bank in MiniHost, and it is usually reliable. I'll get back to you

EDIT: OK..you are right. I have corrected the archive. Users can get the corrected bank here: http://www.algomusic.net/downloads/Atomic-Blank.zip
or simply re-download the archive again.

Thank you for noticing this glitch..we really appreciate it!

Tim

tconrardy wrote:
Mekanik Zain wrote:
well..you can store your pattern as a preset.
Yes, of course ...but, in live situation isn't a good solution !
Couldn't you just use program change command?

Tim
OK, I jump in this as I am quite interested in a pattern sequence and I just bought Atomic some minutes ago in order to be taken seriously in this topic ;)

The lack of a Pattern Save function and a Song mode was the first thing that I realised after playing some minutes with this really great tool.
I instantly had the need to join different patterns and I looked everywhere to see if it was possible, but it was not except through Preset saving.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Save pattern (from A0 to Z9, that would be 260 Patterns)
A pattern would be exactly like a Preset.
The end of a preset should be defined (when multidirectional)

2. A Song mode where you could join the patterns.
The number of time a pattern is played could be numerically expressed.
To play the Pattern A1 seven times and then pattern A2 three times, rather than write:
A1, A1, A1, A1, A1, A1, A1, A2, A2, A2

it could be : A1 7x, A2 2x

3. Save Songs (99 songs or more :) )

4. Though one would probably at first not think about it with such kind of Arp/Patterns, a shuffle function would be great.
A flexible schufle function where the shufle strength can be choosed in % and wether the shuffle applys on a sixteenth note basis or on an eigth note basis

Best regards and congratulations for this beautiful gui :)
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

tconrardy wrote: EDIT: OK..you are right. I have corrected the archive. Users can get the corrected bank here: http://www.algomusic.net/downloads/Atomic-Blank.zip
or simply re-download the archive again.

Thank you for noticing this glitch..we really appreciate it!

Tim
my pleasure :D

I loaded ATOMIC-demo into FL Studio 8 on 2 different PC (1 core / 4 core) and I get no sound out of it. FLS freezes or I get blue screen when I try to load a preset! AMB-bass works fine!

Micha wrote:I loaded ATOMIC-demo into FL Studio 8 on 2 different PC (1 core / 4 core) and I get no sound out of it. FLS freezes or I get blue screen when I try to load a preset! AMB-bass works fine!

as we said.( on the other big thread..sorry about that) ...it's an FL8 bug..and they are working on it. It works fine in FL7 for example.

Tim
Last edited by tconrardy on Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Heres a cool review already..I like the wording..Pizza anyone??

http://www.gearwire.com/amb-atomic.html

Tim

tconrardy wrote:Heres a cool review already..I like the wording..Pizza anyone??

http://www.gearwire.com/amb-atomic.html

Tim
That's cool Tim. Actually, Atomic also makes some nice Cheesy sounds.

Alex.

I could not resist seeing what xoxos populus could do with Atomic. So here is the result of a very basic try, with both on their first factory presets with minor tweaks (such as having modulation wheel control the number of steps):

Hypergate to World 1

Micha wrote:I loaded ATOMIC-demo into FL Studio 8 on 2 different PC (1 core / 4 core) and I get no sound out of it. FLS freezes or I get blue screen when I try to load a preset! AMB-bass works fine!
Me, too. FL8 bug, blah blah. This is a placeholder so I'll find out when this annoying problem is fixed.

And i mean, who uses obscure buggy little apps like FL? :lol:

EDIT2: Rant removed. After a little experimentation, it seems to work basically okay in FL7. :oops: Not that i want to use two versions of FL in parallel, mind you. :roll:

//fnx
Last edited by funkychickendance on Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

EDIT: So I tried it out in FL7, and no crash. But also no sound. Press this button, press that button, load this preset, twiddle this, click on that. Start host, stop host. And it's Paul Simon all the way (Sound of Silence, that is; my 'quick start' in a nutshell.)
I had no issues in FL7. Did you play your midi keyboard? If you played the demo, you should hear the voiceover voice right away, Very strange. It must be your system or something.( why does it work on mine..yet not yours?) It also works with the qwerty as keyboard as well. ( playing it now)

Try doing the quick refresh after going 'insert/more" and you get the list of plugs

More details please! It should work!

Tim

tconrardy wrote: Try doing the quick refresh after going 'insert/more" and you get the list of plugs

Tim
I did the commonsense thing -- the pain-in-the-ass thing, too -- and repeated the refresh cycle in FL7, then rebooted. Seems alright now. Panic over.

//fnx
Last edited by funkychickendance on Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

funkychickendance wrote:[quote="tconrardy]
Try doing the quick refresh after going 'insert/more" and you get the list of plugs

Tim
I did the commonsense thing -- the pain-in-the-ass thing, too -- and repeated the refresh cycle in FL7, then rebooted. Seems alright now. Panic over.

//fnx[/quote][/quote]

WHEW!!
Panic attack over

Timbo

Return to “AlgoMusic”