Atomic Sequencing tool and updates

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I can confirm that the new wrapper beta for FL8 solved the problem!

Micha wrote:I can confirm that the new wrapper beta for FL8 solved the problem!

ahhh..so it's ok now to download the fl8 full installer??

Thanks for testing this!!

TIM

Hi Tim,

it's just a beta version and not included in the full installer I think. You can find the update at "Public betas" in the forums.
Btw: I purchased ATOMIC a vew day ago 8)

anybody do any tunes with Atomic yet? Would love to hear some experiments!

Tim

Another quick experiment with Atomic, this time cascading three instances.

http://www.wusiklabel.com/members/82/song_focus_154.php

Tim,

I want to use Atomic to control another virtual instrument in Sonar 5 PE. How do I do this?

I tried changing the Virtual Instrument's MIDI channel to "2" for example, and then chose MIDI channel "2" on Atomic, but no dice.

I appreciate it, as I have to get a cue done for a client and this was going to really help.

Thanks.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:Tim,

I want to use Atomic to control another virtual instrument in Sonar 5 PE. How do I do this?

I tried changing the Virtual Instrument's MIDI channel to "2" for example, and then chose MIDI channel "2" on Atomic, but no dice.

I appreciate it, as I have to get a cue done for a client and this was going to really help.

Thanks.

Mike

Hi Mike

Unfortunately, each host a different way to route midi. Since I am not a sonar user, i can't tell you how to do this. You actually have to RTFM :-) It could be a sidechaining thing. However..remember that Atomic has a dialog to choose your outgoing MIDI channel, and you actually have to turn the MIDI function ON( green arrow by the midi graphic)

Tim

Hi, I would like to know if this can definitely be used to sequence Trilogy and other VSTis in Cubase SX?

The demo doesn't have midi out so I have no way to check.

Many thanks.

Tim,

I have tried every permutation. I have no idea how to make it control another synth. I also knew about the MIDI arrow (to click it to go "ON") and I see the MIDI channel dropdown box, but it may as well all be in Swahili, because it really is unclear to me how to use this to control another synth.

That said, Atomic is truly a masterpiece and it REALLY can do that New Age "sound" I remember from years ago. I just love it!

It sounds simply gorgeous.

Mike

Bump.........

Still would like to know if I can use this to sequence Trilogy in Cubase,

Thanks

loki0822 wrote:Bump.........

Still would like to know if I can use this to sequence Trilogy in Cubase,

Thanks

Hi oki0822

To be honest, every host has a different way of handling midi plugs. Since I do not have Cubase, I can't tell you if it works or not. You might have to read the manual ( RTFM :-) or ask questions on Cubase forums. My guess is that it should ! Perhaps a sidechaning techinique with atomic in one channel, and Trilogy in a another, and then seeing if cubase can allow you to choose Atomic's MIDI Out as an input on the trilogy track.

To test the midi functions, here is a link to some freeware midi plugs you can try on your system. ( which are nice as well!)

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/downl ... e/MidiBag/

Let me know if you get these plugins to work in Cubase.

Tim

Thanks,
I'm going to try again, I REALLY love this sequencer, but it will be even more awesome if I can get it to power my other synths too!

While I'm not the authority or expert on LIVE, there doesn't seem to be a way to route midi from track with a VST instrument assigned. The only routing you get is for the audio output from that track. Almost sounds like that's the core design of LIVE - midi tracks with a vst instrument on them can only output audio, and they can't echo any midi from the output. That sucks.

I also agree that it would really cool to be able to output the midi from atomic to other vst's. It's too bad I can't with Live.

-PT

infrared72 wrote:While I'm not the authority or expert on LIVE, there doesn't seem to be a way to route midi from track with a VST instrument assigned. The only routing you get is for the audio output from that track. Almost sounds like that's the core design of LIVE - midi tracks with a vst instrument on them can only output audio, and they can't echo any midi from the output. That sucks.

I also agree that it would really cool to be able to output the midi from atomic to other vst's. It's too bad I can't with Live.

-PT
I figured it out for live:( using dx10 plugin as example)

1. Open Live. You will see one audio and one midi track as default. If not, select new Live Set.
2. On the plugin device browser, drag over Atomic to the first MIDI Track ( it will say 2MIDI)Rename it to Atomic.
3. On the plugin device browser, select the DX10 plugin, and drag it to an empty section beyond the created Atomic Track. Live will create a new MIDI track. Rename it to the DX10.
4. Select the Atomic track so it brings up the Atomic GUI, and select Monitor IN. Play your MIDI keyboard. You should hear Atomic at this point. Also select the green arrow by MIDI Out so you will have MIDI out going from Atomic.
5.On the DX track, select Monitor IN. Then for 'MIDI From', select Atomic for both Dialogs. ( input type and Input Channel) You should see selections for Atomic!
6. Play your MIDI keyboard. You should hear Atomic play the DX10 vst.

The main sequencer parts will send gating, pitch and velocity settings to the plugin. To control a cutoff frequency, for example, you can first assign velocity to control the filter on the other plugin, and then the velocity knobs on Atomic will control the cutoff on the other synth.

By clicking on the midi button at the bottom you can bring up another display to route midi cc's from the 2 lfo's and other stuff.

and also for FL Studio:
FL Studio:
Set ATOMIC's wrapper to "Show MIDI output port" and chose a free port number and set the plugin. ATOMIC should play to the same MIDI-in port.

Sonar6
1. Open a new project.
2. Go to Insert menu and insert Atomic. You should be presented a dialog with options, and one of them is Enable MIDI Output. Check that, and insert Atomic in a track.
3. On a midi track, choose Atomic as MIDI input and your sound-interfaces MIDI OUT as output. You can do this from the side mixer view after clicking on the midi track.
4. Play Atomic. You will now hear Atomic's synth as well as the hardware device you have connected to your sound-interfaces MIDI out.

You can also look at your help topics under "Recording a softsynths MIDI Output"

Tim

tconrardy wrote:
infrared72 wrote:While I'm not the authority or expert on LIVE, there doesn't seem to be a way to route midi from track with a VST instrument assigned. The only routing you get is for the audio output from that track. Almost sounds like that's the core design of LIVE - midi tracks with a vst instrument on them can only output audio, and they can't echo any midi from the output. That sucks.

-PT
I figured it out for live:( using dx10 plugin as example)

1. Open Live. You will see one audio and one midi track as default. If not, select new Live Set.
2. On the plugin device browser, drag over Atomic to the first MIDI Track ( it will say 2MIDI)Rename it to Atomic.
3. On the plugin device browser, select the DX10 plugin, and drag it to an empty section beyond the created Atomic Track. Live will create a new MIDI track. Rename it to the DX10.
4. Select the Atomic track so it brings up the Atomic GUI, and select Monitor IN. Play your MIDI keyboard. You should hear Atomic at this point. Also select the green arrow by MIDI Out so you will have MIDI out going from Atomic.
5.On the DX track, select Monitor IN. Then for 'MIDI From', select Atomic for both Dialogs. ( input type and Input Channel) You should see selections for Atomic!
6. Play your MIDI keyboard. You should hear Atomic play the DX10 vst.

The main sequencer parts will send gating, pitch and velocity settings to the plugin. To control a cutoff frequency, for example, you can first assign velocity to control the filter on the other plugin, and then the velocity knobs on Atomic will control the cutoff on the other synth.

By clicking on the midi button at the bottom you can bring up another display to route midi cc's from the 2 lfo's and other stuff.

and also for FL Studio:
FL Studio:
Set ATOMIC's wrapper to "Show MIDI output port" and chose a free port number and set the plugin. ATOMIC should play to the same MIDI-in port.

Sonar6
1. Open a new project.
2. Go to Insert menu and insert Atomic. You should be presented a dialog with options, and one of them is Enable MIDI Output. Check that, and insert Atomic in a track.
3. On a midi track, choose Atomic as MIDI input and your sound-interfaces MIDI OUT as output. You can do this from the side mixer view after clicking on the midi track.
4. Play Atomic. You will now hear Atomic's synth as well as the hardware device you have connected to your sound-interfaces MIDI out.

You can also look at your help topics under "Recording a softsynths MIDI Output"

Tim
sorry it' doesnt wor for me i realy wan to be able to route midi out of atomic

Return to “AlgoMusic”