I must be blind

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Obviously I'm missing something.

When using AMB Electra Bass in Sonar I cannot for the life of me find where to set the MIDI channel. It's not on the MIDI panel where the manual says it should be. Is there some voodoo that's involved to make it appear?

:shock:

ancient wrote:Obviously I'm missing something.

When using AMB Electra Bass in Sonar I cannot for the life of me find where to set the MIDI channel. It's not on the MIDI panel where the manual says it should be. Is there some voodoo that's involved to make it appear?

Hmm... This is strange... I can't find it either... :(
I'll have to ask Boris K. (the author).

DrA
AlgoMusic support

DrAmbient wrote:
ancient wrote:Obviously I'm missing something.

Hmm... This is strange... I can't find it either... :(
I'll have to ask Boris K. (the author).

DrA
AlgoMusic support
Hi,

I got word from Boris:
The midichannel can't be set manually, it's internally fixed to "ALL".

Best regards,
DrA
AlgoMusic support

[quote="DrAmbient"]The midichannel can't be set manually, it's internally fixed to "ALL".

I'm beginning to suspect that that's a problem. I'm running into problems when running multiple MIDI enabled VSTi's in Sonar at the same time. Oddly, AMB Atomic does not seem to have the problem and I suspect it's because that program allows the user to specify the MIDI output channel. All the other crashing programs that I have do not allow the output to be specified.

Would it be a big deal to turn it back on in Electra Bass?

-jm

ancient wrote:
DrAmbient wrote:The midichannel can't be set manually, it's internally fixed to "ALL".

I'm beginning to suspect that that's a problem. I'm running into problems when running multiple MIDI enabled VSTi's in Sonar at the same time. Oddly, AMB Atomic does not seem to have the problem and I suspect it's because that program allows the user to specify the MIDI output channel. All the other crashing programs that I have do not allow the output to be specified.

Would it be a big deal to turn it back on in Electra Bass?

-jm
Hi,

I don't have Sonar, but I don't think that the fact that you can't set the midichannel of Electra Bass is the cause of the problems you describe, left alone crashing your DAW...

However, it is incovenient (and an overlook), and we will attemp to fix it asap.

DrA
AlgoMusic support

DrAmbient wrote:...However, it is incovenient (and an overlook), and we will attemp to fix it asap.

DrA
AlgoMusic support
Could you possibly "fix-it" so that it sends MIDI-out (like Atomic does)???

I really prefer the sequencer in this.

8)

Shabdahbriah wrote:
DrAmbient wrote:...However, it is incovenient (and an overlook), and we will attemp to fix it asap.

DrA
AlgoMusic support

8)
Hi,

What version are you using?
I ask because v1.2 actually has MIDI-Out!

DrA

DrAmbient wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote:

DrA
AlgoMusic support

8)
Hi,

What version are you using?
I ask because v1.2 actually has MIDI-Out!

DrA
Hello 8) ... I had the original (first) demo version. I'll buy the full version later this week, knowing this.

Thank you !!!

DrAmbient wrote:
I don't have Sonar, but I don't think that the fact that you can't set the midichannel of Electra Bass is the cause of the problems you describe, left alone crashing your DAW...

However, it is incovenient (and an overlook), and we will attemp to fix it asap.

DrA
AlgoMusic support

You're right. The lack of a MIDI channel is not the cause of my problems with Sonar. I've run a ton of tests and the problem appears to be with Sonar 8.3.1.

Still, the MIDI out channel would help make a great synth even better.

Currently I'm kludging a workaround with energyXT running as a subhost in Sonar.

Thanks much.

Return to “AlgoMusic”