bug in m42 causing problems in live 4

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been having some problems with M42 in Live 4 which Ableton thinks are caused by M42. Could you have a look at this?

The thread describing the problem is here:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6005#56005

kuniklo wrote:I've been having some problems with M42 in Live 4 which Ableton thinks are caused by M42. Could you have a look at this?

The thread describing the problem is here:

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6005#56005
Thanks for this. We are looking into the problem. Weird bug really! :-o

TC

It is kind of strange. Thanks for having a look at it.

kuniklo wrote:It is kind of strange. Thanks for having a look at it.
Hi,

Strange indeed...

Silly question perhaps, but is it possible that you have (unintentionally) recorded any controller data?
FYI: cc #112 is x-delay gain.

DrAmbient wrote:
Hi,

Strange indeed...

Silly question perhaps, but is it possible that you have (unintentionally) recorded any controller data?
I think there is some controller automation data in the clip playing M42. Is that what you mean? That shouldn't register to the host as an undoable edit, right?

kuniklo wrote:
DrAmbient wrote:
Hi,

Strange indeed...

I think there is some controller automation data in the clip playing M42. Is that what you mean? That shouldn't register to the host as an undoable edit, right?
Hi,

No, it shouldn't. On the other hand, I simply can't imagine this is really a M42 bug.
Another problem is that I don't have Live, so I can't reproduce the error...
I will ask on the SE forum however, maybe someone else has experienced the same.

DrAmbient wrote: No, it shouldn't. On the other hand, I simply can't imagine this is really a M42 bug.
Another problem is that I don't have Live, so I can't reproduce the error...
I will ask on the SE forum however, maybe someone else has experienced the same.
Any further thoughts about this? M42 is unusable in Live with this bug. I'm not sure exactly where the fault lies but I don't have this problem with any other VSTs in Live.

Return to “AlgoMusic”