New at AlgoMusic: X-WOF PRO !

RELATED
PRODUCTS

X-Wheel of Fortune Pro

Hi All:

NEW at AlgoMusic !

X-Wheel of Fortune Pro
the powerful Pro Version of the algorithmic VSTi musicsystem by H.G. Fortune

X-Wheel of Fortune Pro is the powerful Pro Version of the algorithmic pattern-based musicsystem as vsti-plugin for windows. Within the Pro Version there are 4 editable synth-parts (bass, solo, pad and athmo) plus one vocal/wav-Sequencer and one percussion part.

In addition to the features of X-Wheel of Fortune the Pro Version has two new parts (combined in the mixer as VocAth):
- a vocal/wav-sequencer (might be used as well to have completely different sounds via Wav-Files like eg. animal- or nature-sounds) can be played in sequence or at random! This engine has a multi-mode-filter with lowpass, highpass, bandpass and band reject. Please keep in mind You can have 10 different wave-files for each patch!

- an athmo sound generator for strange atmospheres and ambient soundscapes with the possibilty of wave-shifting or wave-stepping through the oscillator's waveforms at different modes for really strange and stunning sounds - a very unique feature by now!

Joystick-like X/Y-modulation-matrix with four outputs and selectable destinations for bass, solo, pad and the new Voc/Athmo-part! Here you have great and most efficient realtime control to modify sounds drastically at your fingertip.

Playlist-feature: You have 16 different patches being played in sequence selectable for up to 256 bars each! This feature is like having different patterns to build a song.
Individual outputs for each part (registered version only).
Different Soundfonts may be loaded.

plus some minor enhancements and bug fixes from X-WoF:
- 16 selectable scales (even some exotic)
- Detune-knob for VA-oscillators 1b and 2 in pad part
- stereo Width knob for percussion-part

The evaluation version of X-Wheel of Fortune Pro does not offer individual outputs and there is a slight "nag" as the Audio-Output is faded down at varying bars for a very short moment: gently but noticeable. The registered version of X-Wheel of Fortune Pro is available at Share-it.com by downloading.
There will be a special offer for registration fee until 31st. October with about 22% off the regular fee of 38,- Euro/US$ - so it will be only 29,- Euro/US$ for your fully licensed copy!

The X-Wheel of Fortune Pro musicsystem is capable of generating a wide variety of fascinating music based on very few input-data. Thus you can let it play and let "the flux flow" or control it at realtime via MIDI/Keyboard for instant transposition. It is offering an efficient control on the sound of each synth-engine and all parts.

for more information as well as the download link for the demo and purchasing info visit the X-WOF Pro page at AlgoMusic.

http://www.algomusic.nl/X-WOF.html

Please check out our other products as well as the freeware. AlgoMusic is home of the M42 Nebula, with more to come.

TC

i'll be checking out that demo , as i felt the free version certainly had some potential ...

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

tconrardy wrote:X-Wheel of Fortune Pro
The concept, price and sound are great, but a gray gui? Could you get much plainer? :lol: How about some skins or other colours?

Thanks

Yes looks hot functionally - but I still say the GUI looks like a mass of disembodied labels and knobs in no real organization (or barely any) - can't you perhaps frame some of them in groups or something? At a glance you can't tell which label belongs to which control; the one below or the one above, etc. Other than that issue, I'd be buying...

...looking again - different colored knobs for different things (envs etc)? Different shapes? Something... and what's an ATHMO?

Very nice additions compared to the great free version. The vocal part is brilliant, and the custom loading of samples makes it even more flexible. Extremely cool.

But why, oh why, no multi-out (one for each part)?

krhen wrote:...looking again - different colored knobs for different things (envs etc)? Different shapes? Something... and what's an ATHMO?
Atmosphere?

krhen wrote:Yes looks hot functionally - but I still say the GUI looks like a mass of disembodied labels and knobs in no real organization (or barely any) - can't you perhaps frame some of them in groups or something? At a glance you can't tell which label belongs to which control; the one below or the one above, etc. Other than that issue, I'd be buying...
Boxing the groups is one idea. I was thinking that the settings for Bass, Percussion, Solo, Pad, Voc and Athmo could be put on tabs so that the gui could be made smaller and/or the controls could be made a bit larger or spread out more. At 1280 x 1024, the gui is barely readable/useable.

As well, there is the lower left corner of the qui which has nothing but printing. The same info is duplicated in the about dialog. Just use the gui title.

Spacefox wrote:Very nice additions compared to the great free version. The vocal part is brilliant, and the custom loading of samples makes it even more flexible. Extremely cool.

But why, oh why, no multi-out (one for each part)?

ahhh...a Q I can answer, as HG did all the design and GUI, so we have to wait for him to answer those types of Q's ( and thanks for all the response so far)

In the Regestered Pro version, you DO get Multi-outs, as well as a MIDI Out, which is cool. I was able to control my EMU MP7 ( hardware) with it. But in the demo, multi-outs is disabled. So it's a feature to look forward to in getting it registered.

and yes..athmo is atmosphere. :-) That part is pretty unique as it really adds some strange waveform structures to the sound, almost sounding like wave-shaping.

TC

tconrardy wrote:In the Regestered Pro version, you DO get Multi-outs, as well as a MIDI Out, which is cool. I was able to control my EMU MP7 ( hardware) with it.

TC
What's that you say? MIDI out... controlling your MP7? <blink blink>

I think I heard my XL7 stir in the other room when I read that!

This one's going on my list... I already have some ideas of how something like that could be used live.

8)

Hi all,

here are some answers to questions etc.

@db
The concept, price and sound are great, but a gray gui? Could you get much plainer? :lol: How about some skins or other colours?
Thanks
Unfortunately the VSTi is not user-skinnable. If You want a special custom-color, let me know :wink:
btw. it is not a gray gui but broncotic which is a variation of bronze ... now you might conclude what there will be in the future. :D

@krhen
There is a certain organization due to the functions and space available. I did not include frames around each module part, as this made the look worse. Believe me I tried several options, leaving more space between the parts gave the best look.
Different coloured knobs could be possible but the price of time for that does not justify that because once You are familiar with the structure You don't need that anymore. :wink:

@Spacefox
As Tim stated somewhere else the multiouts are there, but only with the registered version. This is stated as well in the manual of the eval and on the onlinepages.

@db
At a resolution of 1280 x 1024 one needs a monitor of a respective size. I'm running 1024x768 on a 17" which should be a quite average measure of what configurations are out in common.

Anyway, having the parts grouped in a tab-like manner would provide more space for each part, but most like to have all controls visible for instant access. So there is no way to do it right to all.
:wink:

Basically I was thinking at a time of doing a "Player-Version" with only some most relevant controls, no synthpart-editing etc. - just a preset-player with X/Y-joystick ... :D

Cheers
Fortune

I did not see any mp3 demos of the Pro version up at the time I visited the site - any plans for a few of those? :D
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

gnu23 wrote:I did not see any mp3 demos of the Pro version up at the time I visited the site - any plans for a few of those? :D
IMO it's worth trying the demo because I think mp3 demo's won't do it justice. WOF has an evolving sound which is great fun to fiddle about with in the demo. 8)

munchkin wrote:
gnu23 wrote:I did not see any mp3 demos of the Pro version up at the time I visited the site - any plans for a few of those? :D
IMO it's worth trying the demo because I think mp3 demo's won't do it justice. WOF has an evolving sound which is great fun to fiddle about with in the demo. 8)
Hi,
yep! You are completely right. Downloading MP3-demos would mean even more onlinetransfer than downloading the evaluation-version which has all the potential inside!

cheers
Fortune

Return to “AlgoMusic”