midi learn with multiple instances

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am using 2 instances of guitar rig as my sends. This has been a great workaround for having multiple effects within each send; a master insert with verb, eq, limiter and gate, and a separate verb send. I would like to be able to use Reflektor in both instances of guitar rig with separate knobs controlling reverb length in each instance. When I use the receptor midi learn the first knob changes the parameter for both instances, and I am unable to set a different knob for the same parameter in the second instance of guitar rig. I found this same behavior trying to use two instances of master verb.
I was able to use the separate knobs to control the parameters with the guitar rig midi learn (not the receptor midi learn), but it did not save the learned function in the receptor patch. This is an issue when I am trying to use the same guitar rig patch in multiple receptor presets.
This seems to be a strange behavior in general: I a make an edit to a patch within a program, but that edit does not show up in other presets that already contain the same patch. Shouldn't the patch be saved globally and load with the changes in other presets?
If I open the preset and reselect the edited patch within a channel the changes will show. This is definitely an issue when I have 20 or more presets in a tag that contain the same patch-it can take a half hour or more to go through and reset all the presets and re-save them!
Are these behaviors limitations of the midi learn system, or is there a different method I should be using?

I've started to run into this problem as I get more comfortable programming 2.0.1.

With one band, I MIDI learned Minimomsta's filter cutoff to the expression pedal. For another project, I go to create a new preset with the same plugin, and the MIDI learn is still there. Unlearn that parameter for the new preset, then go back to the old one, and it's gone there!

Hrm... looking at the Receptor VIP manual (http://www.museresearch.com/downloads/d ... Manual.pdf) page 11, it references a "PLAY" level preset (equivalent of OS1's Multi?) that should store MIDI controller mappings.

But you're saying that mapping applies to all instances of VST in a given PLAY-level preset? It's not tied to the preset in its specific channel?

If so, that's unfortunate. Gotta say... the MIDI mapping/control features are one area I'd really like to see some improvements. Even if OS2 doesn't offer Mainstage-level control, I'd at least like to see some abstraction between a controller and the VSTs it's controlling. Not trivial programming to be sure, but man, it would be cool. Off soapbox.
-John

Return to “Muse Research and Development”