How can i get Kompakt to import Halion fxp/fxb files ?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a bunch of programes made in Halion I want to move over to my receptor. I have Kompakt w/DFD, but cannot figure out how to make fxp/fxb import .

Thanks
C.

Hi C,

If you already have the FXPs/FXBs in the correct format for Kompakt, to import them into Receptor - simply put them in a folder, and drop them into the "drop installers here" folder (and load via the install button on the setup page).

I think your problem is that these FXPs/FXBs are for Halion that you wish to have working for Kompakt, this is a diferent problem. For this, you need to have some sort of translater (like Chicken Systems Translater) to run on your PC to convert Halion samples/programs to Kompakt format.

Alternatively, there may be a translation/import feature in Kontakt/Kompakt to load Halion samples (not sure about this) - however if you take this route, you would need to import FXPs/Samples in Kontakt/Kompakt, save as FXP, port the FXP & samples over to Receptor. You might be able to port these over to Receptor, and then do the import - but if it were me, I'd try to do this on the PC first and then port over to Receptor.

Regards,
Kevin L

Hi again,

On second thought, I'm not even sure Kontakt loads FXPs. You might have to manually load Kompakt presets (.nki's) into Kompakt, then save as a Receptor preset (for each preset). This is a bit of work, but if plugs don't support FXPs/FXBs, that's what you need to do.

Regards,
Kevin L

Hey thanks for getting back to me Kevin..Its looking like i will have to get a translator prog, and also a PC to install it n, as I use a mac. This may finally be the time I give in a purchase an old PC for such things...

Return to “Muse Research and Development”