USB instruments/controllers that don't need specific drivers

RELATED
PRODUCTS

While I haven't done an exhaustive test, my Arturia Laboratory 49 powers off the Receptor and plays notes just fine. Pitch bend, mod wheel, aftertouch, sustain pedal... no issues.

I'll post back if there are any concerns with the controllers.

T2000 wrote:M-Audio Keystation Pro and Keystation 88es both work fine via USB. Novation Remote Zero SL works fine, but X-Station does NOT without a driver. Yamaha tells me that the KX8 will NOT work via USB without installed drived.

BTW, just so everyone is aware of something which I've only recently learned: you can use a MIDI merge box (eg by MIDI solutions) to plug 2 keyboards into the Receptor's MIDI in port, if you can't use USB for either of them. Muse tells me that this works fine. (I've just ordered mine.)

Tom

Tom
I can control volume faders of the Receptor2 with the KORG NANO Kontrol 2?
There is a way to change Receptor Snapshop patchs whit the nanokontrol2?
Regards
Luiggy

I use the Nano Kontrol (1- I don't know about 2) via USB for volume, mute/unmute, and bus send level. I have not used it for program changes, just as a mixer.

M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro works for me

KMI QuNexus working great with my Rec 2 OS 1.9

I also use an M-Audio Axiom 61 key

As I am a guitar player I am hoping to find a foot controller for my Receptor Trio. I would love to use the Keith McMillen 12step but it comes with software and will likely not work with Receptor. Any foot controllers people have found that work with receptor?

The behringer fcb 1010 works great- very flexible and hardy.

Fishoow wrote:As I am a guitar player I am hoping to find a foot controller for my Receptor Trio. I would love to use the Keith McMillen 12step but it comes with software and will likely not work with Receptor. Any foot controllers people have found that work with receptor?
The KMI Softstep works great with my R2 Pro Max. The KMI software is used to create the 'scenes' for the plugs you want to control, but once you download them to the unit, it runs connected to the R2 in standalone mode.

gnosis123 wrote:The KMI Softstep works great with my R2 Pro Max. The KMI software is used to create the 'scenes' for the plugs you want to control, but once you download them to the unit, it runs connected to the R2 in standalone mode.
One caveat I've since discovered: the Receptor does not boot correctly if the SS is connected. The SS has to be attached after the Receptor is fully up.

gnosis123 wrote:
One caveat I've since discovered: the Receptor does not boot correctly if the SS is connected. The SS has to be attached after the Receptor is fully up.
Curiously I have had no trouble with my KMI Quneo. It's entirely PnP, though I had to assign CC/ note# etc. through it's software on laptop.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

The issues I've had with R2 bootup are when 2 usb controllers were plugged in when I hit the on button.

Currently I am using an M-Audio Oxigen 61 version 3 on my Receptor 2+ on system 2. At the same time I can use a Behringer 49 notes controller. I first boot with only the Oxigen conected and after plug the Behrnger. Same results with an Akai LPD8 and the Oxigen. I am about to try the 3 at the same time.

bjbaylon wrote:Currently I am using an M-Audio Oxigen 61 version 3 on my Receptor 2+ on system 2. At the same time I can use a Behringer 49 notes controller. I first boot with only the Oxigen conected and after plug the Behrnger. Same results with an Akai LPD8 and the Oxigen. I am about to try the 3 at the same time.
How'd it work?
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

korg kronos x works perfect with receptor vip
also have a roland V-piano grand as output for sound of receptor vip routed through korg kronos x and as a keyboard controller for korg kronos x sound engine with audio re-routed to roland V-piano grand monitors
nice setup

Return to “Muse Research and Development”