Amplitube 3 and Receptor

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone had any luck getting Ampltube 3 to run on a Receptor? If so, what did you do?

Thanks,
David
David Jameson

Still wondering....
dhjdhj wrote:Has anyone had any luck getting Ampltube 3 to run on a Receptor? If so, what did you do?

Thanks,
David
David Jameson

dhjdhj wrote:Still wondering....
dhjdhj wrote:Has anyone had any luck getting Ampltube 3 to run on a Receptor? If so, what did you do?

Thanks,
David
Amplitube 3 requires Flash, which is currently not supported in Receptor. We are looking into Linux Flash support, and if it proves successful, we'll release an update with it. In the meantime, all Amplitube 2 versions are now supported, including Metal, Hendrix, Fender, etc.

Bryan

Ouch ---- I didn't realize they were using Flash inside an Audio Unit or VST. That sucks!
Bryan@MuseResearch wrote:

Thanks,
David
Amplitube 3 requires Flash, which is currently not supported in Receptor. We are looking into Linux Flash support, and if it proves successful, we'll release an update with it. In the meantime, all Amplitube 2 versions are now supported, including Metal, Hendrix, Fender, etc.

Bryan
David Jameson

dhjdhj wrote:Ouch ---- I didn't realize they were using Flash inside an Audio Unit or VST. That sucks!

Thanks,
David

Bryan
You aren't Steve Jobs masquerading as a Receptor customer, are you? ;-)

Bryan

Ha ha ---- but seriously, I'm not sure I want to depend on Flash for anything --- it's really buggy.

So how about just getting the Receptor 2 updated so I can install Komplete 6 and then I'll just use Guitar Rig instead of Amplitube 8)

Bryan
David Jameson

dhjdhj wrote:Ha ha ---- but seriously, I'm not sure I want to depend on Flash for anything --- it's really buggy.

So how about just getting the Receptor 2 updated so I can install Komplete 6 and then I'll just use Guitar Rig instead of Amplitube 8)

Bryan
We are very close to releasing the next version of Direct Install that will allow installing K6. In fact, we will need beta testers soon so if you are willing to give it a go, please contact Rick and we can get you set up.

Cheers

Bryan

Thanks --- I will ask again.
David Jameson

Bryan@MuseResearch wrote: We are very close to releasing the next version of Direct Install that will allow installing K6. In fact, we will need beta testers soon so if you are willing to give it a go, please contact Rick and we can get you set up.

Cheers

Bryan
This is an update from a Muse employee many have been waiting for very long. Glad to hear that some progress is made. I might also be interested in beta testing the new Direct Install since I have my K6 box laying on my shelf..

edit for less confusion...

That makes a lot more sense to me --- I really could not imagine how AmpliTube VST could be a Flash app.

I know I tried to put AmpliTube 3 on the Receptor and failed (although I forget why) so I'm wondering if anyone has the steps needed to do this successfully.
buscemi wrote:I'm checking to make sure, but as far as I've seen, AmpliTube 3 does not require Flash. Perhaps you're thinking of QuickTime which has been successfully "skipped" during install with no ill will (since there's no need for MP3 access within the VST version that would be running on Receptor)?
David Jameson

I'm looking into it 100% but there should be no Flash requirement for AmpliTube 3 at all. Perhaps you're thinking of QuickTime which has been successfully "skipped" during install with no ill will (since there's no need for MP3 access within the VST version that would be running on Receptor)?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I'm looking into it 100% but there should be no Flash requirement for AmpliTube 3 at all. Perhaps you're thinking of QuickTime which has been successfully "skipped" during install with no ill will (since there's no need for MP3 access within the VST version that would be running on Receptor)?
Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa... it is quicktime, and if it can be skipped, there is no reason why A3 couldn't run on Receptor. All the other version do, and I just did a demo for someone who has played a Fender Deluxe every night for the last 10 years and he could not believe his ears when running Amplitube Fender version.

Peter, thanks for looking into this, and sorry for the confusion on flash versus quicktime.

Bryan

Not at all a problem. I've got AT Fender on mine as the "go to" out of the bunch. Thanks for the demo to the astonished friend. Means a lot.

I've got a ticket in too, for that and a couple other things to be all official like and use the right channels but I'm here for direct help and input whenever you need me.

I'd love to have my Receptor as my dedicated AT3 box. Runs cooler and quieter than the amps :)

Great to see you here....I love Amplitube...just got the iPad version today so I can practice while travelling.

Looking forward to getting AmpliTube 3 on my Receptor.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Not at all a problem. I've got AT Fender on mine as the "go to" out of the bunch. Thanks for the demo to the astonished friend. Means a lot.

I've got a ticket in too, for that and a couple other things to be all official like and use the right channels but I'm here for direct help and input whenever you need me.

I'd love to have my Receptor as my dedicated AT3 box. Runs cooler and quieter than the amps :)
David Jameson

Return to “Muse Research and Development”