Control Receptor Directly from Iphone or Ipad

RELATED
PRODUCTS

cool - and it was able to grab power from the receptor USB port?

Yes :)

No extra power needed!

Thanks,
Gary
Muse Support

Hey Gary,

Need some more assistance on this.
I got the unit you mentioned. I was able to get it up and running with my iphone when the unit was plugged into the same router that my receptor was plugged into.

However, when I try plugging the unit into the receptor directly and bypass my router - the receptor network status says "no network found".

obviously my goal in buying this is to be able to use it as is at shows without having to connect to another router or anything. What would my next steps be to get this running?

Thanks.

I bought it today and I had to switch on the dhcp in the tp-link in order to connect the ipad with it.
Then I followed this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMs3hLpWbaM
robipiano

robi - how did you " switch on the dhcp in the tp-link"?

cattivo wrote:robi - how did you " switch on the dhcp in the tp-link"?
i will try to explain you what I did but I don't speak english well.
You can find the instructions in the owner's manual
After you connected the tp link to your router you will be able to use your web browser to change the configuration of the tplink.
You have to write http://192.168.0.254 in the address field. Then you write admin in the user name and in the password field too.
Now you can go in the DHCP section and switch on the DHCP. After this you have to save changes and reboot the tplink.
This worked for me.
I hope this will help you.

thanks so much!
worked like a charm (and by the way your english seems perfect)! ; )

Google translate helps! :wink:

Hi,

do I need a extra router when I#m using the tp-link router? Which mode do I have to take? AP-Mode, Router Mode, ....?

Hi
Installed one myself the other day.
You need to use rauter mode.
Andy.

I put receptor over lan into tp-link in router mode and tried to get access over wlan with my ipad over realvnc but I didn't get a connection. What's wrong?

not sure. I'm using the app VNC Lite - free and works perfectly for me.

I can't geht a connection. Please can someone tell me how I get it running.
I want just use the tp-link an iPad and Receptor

Hello
The router's default IP is 192.168.0.254, you will have to manually change a connected client's IP to be 192.168.0.x, with x being anything between 1 and 253, before you can access the router's interface. After that, once you have configured the Nano to work as a router, you'll likely need to manually change the client's network adapter to obtain the IP address automatically. In the rare case that the existing wired network shares the same address range, you've lucked out and won't have to change the client's IP address before accessing the router's Web interface.If you are using an ipad to conect make sure that you choose the tp-link rauter in you ipad wifi settings .and not some other rauter.Make shure that the receptor is configured to auto dhcp.And make sure that the password in your Wnc settings to connect to the receptor is "Receptor" .

Andy

I just purchased a ZyXEL MWR102. Once I receive it and test I will report back here!

Return to “Muse Research and Development”