Waves on Receptor

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not really. The new versions of Waves uses a Shell, which is kind of its own environment for all their plugins. Almost like its own host. As a result, its way more complex than a typical plugin which is an independent entity, and of course they have their copy protection integrated into their shell environment as well.

They've abandoned the iLok, so its now challenge and response, and that all seems to work. The challenge is that they have dozens and dozens of plugnis, and we have no idea which ones work well and behave properly, and which one have issues, and we can't really test any of these without a set of licenses.

I'll ask Waves today for a set of codes that will allow us to proceed with testing, and we'll see where that gets us. Thanks again for your interest!

Bryan

Any word?
JV

Any word?
JV

Any news on this issue?
Seems to be a low priority :(
JV

When can we run Waves products on Receptor?
JV

When can we run Waves on Receptor?
JV

When can we run Waves on Receptor?
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

I don't think waves is real keen on having their software run on something like receptor....They pretty much abandoned the protools users by not supporting AAX DSP so they can push their own new digigrid hardware....So if they're not going to support their current users on that system, I highly doubt they are going to support the receptor.....Since the receptor offers outboard dsp processing which is what their digigrid system offers, it could be seen as competition or conflict of interest.....moon

That's a possible take on this...
I'd hope that someone from Muse would be able to communicate about this, one way or another.
I keep posting because if there's only 3 or 4 customers interested, it's of no concern to them.
The last time anyone from Muse commented, it was Bryan, 8 months ago.
JV

Waves is now pushing their studiorack-this may or may not be something useful on the Receptor, but it would be amazing! Could it potentially negate the worry of differences between waves plugins? http://www.waves.com/plugins/studiorack ... r-overview . For the Muse testers, all of the Waves plugins are downloadable for free full use for 7 days-that should give the same scenario that owning the license would give, as you still need to register the demo in the same way a purchased plugin is registered. Also, it's not hard to move waves licenses from one machine to another if you own them, but after all of the time I have spent getting my Quattro set up I am afraid to try installing and testing something on the Receptor not already run through Muse. Does the Waves license center work on Receptor? It is possible to have the licenses on a USB drive (ilok style), but I think you still need to have the license center installed to make it work. It may work to run the license center on a computer networked to the Receptor with the license usb attached. Muse? Any other brave souls?

Return to “Muse Research and Development”