MuseOS 2.0

RELATED
PRODUCTS

PhilMuller wrote:
I was just informed that Muse does not yet have an 2.0 upgrade path for us 1.9 users. :(

Phil
Over a year later, still not "yet."

drbill wrote:
PhilMuller wrote:
I was just informed that Muse does not yet have an 2.0 upgrade path for us 1.9 users. :(

Phil
Over a year later, still not "yet."
Being able to go to Muse OS 2.x will allow our Receptor 2 models to be able to keep,up with new plugins for awhile longer and retain our investment in same. The improvements in the new OS are worthwhile and shouldn't have much to do with hardware. I see the new Receptor 2+ Classic refurb ups the memory to 8 Gb. I wonder if there is an upgrade path -- it would be great if Muse had a few authorized service centres in major cities.
Regards,

David O'Hearn

There members, dear Gary,
Receptor vip update 1.2? where can i download it, not yet online?
Sincerely,
Tim

What I don't understand is if the hardware on a R2 Pro is sufficient to run the new OS 2.0, why don't they at the very least offer a paid upgrade path? Sure, I'd love it for free too but its been over a year since they announced this and it doesn't look like its going to happen anytime soon. I for one would be willing to pay a reasonable upgrade fee for a download if that meant gaining the added features on my Pro 2 (mainly the tagging!).

I can't help but wonder is Muse afraid that by giving their older users a software update it may just influence some of them to stay put & NOT rush out & buy a VIP unit? FALSE!

As far as being bad for business, keep in mind that if I am faced with the only choice but to jettison my Pro 2 for a VIP then suddenly I am back at the financial crossroads of deciding whether to invest in something entirely different (Mac Pro, Mainstage, etc) To me it makes more sense that someone would want to preserve & expand their existing customer base, even if growth is additive rather than exponential.

I sent my drive back to Muse to have it re-imaged (bought this Receptor used and this seems to be the best way to resolve issues).

This is what Plugorama support wrote to me;

"2.0 is available for only those who purchased a new Receptor 2 pro max from us new. With that said Os 1.9 and 2.0 are the same. 2.0 just comes with the Rack mode.

You drive will show you that you will have 2.0 but you will not have a license for Rack mode.

i should also mention that we are working on an update to OS 2.0.1.
This should be out in the future, and will be available for ALL receptor 2 users."

Hope this is useful info.

Greg

Bif_ wrote: Hope this is useful info.
Very. Thanks!

I don't think Rack mode in itself is all that compelling. Tagging might be, but having banks of "favorites" is workable for me.

Now, the Live mode feature is the big deal. Better to get an update that's a true improvement for performance and stability than just new chrome.

(Of course, I'd also like to see much more flexibility in MIDI routing and filtering, easier CC mapping, etc. but one thing at a time I suppose...)

Return to “Muse Research and Development”