Using program changes in live mode

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,
Had a really good opportunity to explore the rack interface section and live mode yesterday on my receptor 2+ with my EWI and swam instruments. I made a lot of progress recreating a lot of patches that resembled what I was doing in mixer mode with snapshots which were not going to work with the Swam instruments. Rack mode and Live play look like the answer to many of my issues though the one remaining item is getting the program change piece worked out so I can select patches from my FCB1010 pedals. This is important because the pedals send program changes to other hardware at the same time for some of my layered sounds. There was a rumor of an advanced video tutorial that was going to cover this but I have not found it. Is there anyone that can give me the structure of the tags and presets and what corresponding bank and patch locations would be?
Thanks,
Dan.
:borg: I think I'm becoming one of these. :borg:

Spent a little more time in rack mode this morning and I found the midi learn portion of things. I'm not sure if this will be where I want to go or not. I know that in mixer mode you can find the bank number and patch number and set the listening channel for program changes independently. Not sure if rack mode works the same way and I am just missing something. The FCB1010 has no knobs, it does have a couple of pedals that are more expression / cc type pedals as well as the push button selector pedals. There is a programmer software that can simulate these commands. Just wondering if I have to trial and error this of if there is a hard and fast way to get these numbers. What I am thinking I may need to to from what I can see is really organize tags at the song level so I can increment where I need to go unless I can send non sequential commands too. Got some work to do I think.

:dog:

more time spent yesterday and a lot of answers. The FCB1010 simulator program works with midi learn and I was able to change the master mixer midi channel from all to a single channel. The only thing missing is a way to select tags and get to live mode, That can be done easily enough from the front panel or gui.

I am having a good experience using program changes in Live Mode. I don't think I would try to use bank select-getting into live mode means having the receptor load up all of the presets in a particular tag, which can take some time depending on the size of the presets. Non-sequential program changes are working great for me-as long as all of the presets in the tag are loaded. I have used the fcb quite a bit in the past, generally using it to send program changes within a snapshot (no bank select) and midi cc's for master and send volumes.
The biggest thin with live mode for the way I want to use it; imitating the way I could switch between presets non-sequentially in snapshot mode, seems to be planning out the tag so that all of the presets can fit into ram.

That's exactly what I have found. What I need to do is look at my patch assignments in my other hardware devices and make adjustments to their banks and patches to make sure I am not doubling up on sounds that I am now getting from the receptor. My big deal was getting the master midi channel switched from all to 15 where I have been sending from the FCB. What I will do is set up a bank or two on the Fcb to manage a tag set and just pull the tags up from the GUI or the front panel. Prefer the GUI because I can get a visual of which presets are in which order. I like that in a tag you can easily move stuff around to set up custom orders of presets. Now I need to bring my other rack in and set up the whole rig to to make all of the adjustments I need and feed the new banks to the pedals. Thanks for your helpful responses.
Dan

Return to “Muse Research and Development”