EWI and FM8 on the receptor

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back when I first got my 2+, I tried running FM8 and it was killing my CPU. Now after getting smarter and reducing the resolution I no longer have this issue. Today was spent getting back in to FM8 and loading my Yamaha WX voices onto the receptor. Found some favorite old school fm voices I could tweak AMD have already put together at least a half dozen new presets. The early Tx modules had no effects so unless you had outboard reverb or multi-effects they were pretty lifeless. Between FM8's effects and the receptor this no longer the case, nor is layering the same voice which you couldn't do either. Had to stop to pick up my wife from work but it was a fun day.

Interesting. FM8 has long been one of the best performing VSTis on my Receptor (2 Pro Max), at least with all the presets I've ever tried. Indeed it's a fine-sounding plugin.

If you are doing any breath or wind controller stuff I can send you a SYSex of all of the TX series wind controller patches. There is a CC4 that needs to be changed to CC2 and some voices need the modulation rate zeroed out but they work well.
Dan

Return to “Muse Research and Development”