advantages of 96k sampling rate on Receptor?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this is an old topic in the recording world, but it is different territory when playing live and not having a concern about downsampling for a final CD product.
I am still wrapping my brain around the implications for optimal software behavior and latency at the higher sampling rate. I use mostly Kontakt for sampled instruments, alongside absynth, lounge lizard a couple other synth/modelling programs, then running everything through masterverb and camel space in a Quattro. There is a lot of CPU power in this unit, but I find that the meter is hanging out right at the top for the presets I am using-so far I have not been getting glitches. I notice a subtle difference in audio quality, but I am not sure whether it is enough to justify the lack of of CPU overhead that results. In theory, the latency should be about the same for 44.1 at lowest and 96k at normal-if I am understanding things correctly, but it feels slightly less responsive with the 96k setup when playing quick percussion types of sounds.
I am curious to hear how other receptor users and the designers approach this choice.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”