BLUE II

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi there :)

I have the latest Rob Papen plugin BLUE II
Any special installation process that I might have to take care of ? Suggestions ?

Has anyone else successfully installed this plugin ?

Blue II has been tested on the latest versions of RECEPTOR (VIP, TRIO, QU4TTRO) and it runs great. We haven't tried it on the RECEPTOR 2 models, but we have reason to believe it will run fine as long as you have the newer system software on it. Have to admit we haven't tried it on the RECEPTOR 2 yet... I'll add that to the list of things we need to do!

It is unlikely BLUE II will run on a RECEPTOR 1 (Rev A, B, or C) because those models do not meet the system requirements of the plugin.

The installation method is fairly easy: drag the .exe installer from the Rob Papen website and place it into the DROP INSTALLERS HERE folder. Then install the plugin by selecting "Install 1 Plugin" in the Mixer mode, or opening up Software Manager in the Rack Mode and navigating to the .exe file and selecting Install Plugin. The installer will run, the plugin will install, and all that is left to do is to authorize it, which requires some back and forth with the Papen website.

I have to say I admire your taste in plugins... that is a particularly great sounding plugin with wonderful presets!

Bryan Lanser

I have R2+ Pro Max, too and will try to install BLUE II as you described.
will let you guys know if there's any problem with R2+ units.

Works with Receptor 2+ Pro Max!

Thanks Robert! What os are you running on your Receptor?

Works great in my Qu@TTro! Very Nice and Wonderful presets!

billunatic wrote:Thanks Robert! What os are you running on your Receptor?
I'm using the latest OS 2.0.1

For me, installation fails on the plugin's activation page. I enter the new serial (obtained from RP), use the new computer ID, enter the activation code, and receive the message "Invalid Activation, please re-enter your activation code". This is on a Receptor 2 Pro-Max running OS 2.0.1.

I've had other installations fall over in the activation stage (e.g. Tremor), but usually it's because of missing shared libraries or something, so that the plugin's license manager doesn't even run. This, of everything looking okay, but mysteriously not working, is a new one on me.

If the plugin is failing in the activation page, it is entirely a plugin issue... Could be you've used up your activations, you had a data entry problem on the website page, or the computer ID is wrong... this stuff is REALLY finicky, so just give it another go, maybe contact Rob (he is SUPER helpful) and I'm sure it will activate eventually. Its a great synth, definitely worth the effort to get it activated.

Bryan

Straightened it out with RP support - works fine now :) .

Not surprising... RP support is great, and Rob completely rocks!

Enjoy!

Bryan

Return to “Muse Research and Development”