Receptor 2 SSD taking longer to start up/initialize/load

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody out there have any suggestions for a way for me to get my Receptor 2 to start up faster (like it used to)? I've been using it a lot on gigs the past several months and it's getting a little glitchy in other ways too. Ideas? Thanks!

What model SSD is it?

Bryan

Sorry, not sure exactly what you mean.....I bought it in 2009 and upgraded to SSD about 3 years ago. It has Komplete inside. It acted up again today the first time I turned it on. Everything looks fine, it just doesn't accept and patch commands from my controller. 2nd time I reboot it's always fine. Any suggestions???? Thanks so much....

Who did the SSD upgrade? If Muse did it, then the SSD might be under warranty.

Your first post is that the unit isn't booting well, but now you are saying it isn't responding quickly to patch changes from your controller. Those are fairly different problems...

I've yet to see an instance where Receptor didn't respond to a patch change or controller message IF the controller was actually sending it out, so are you sure your controller is not at fault?

We're happy to help... can you explain the problem in more detail, or perhaps fill out a help desk ticket?

Bryan

Hey Bryan,
You guys at Muse upgraded my Receptor to SSD about 3 years ago. Seems like every 3rd or 4th time I fire it up, (in addition to taking about twice as long to initialize and load these days) it won't accept my patch changes or any midi info. And it's not my controller or bad cable. When I power down and start it the 2nd time it always works fine. This is making me really nervous and under-confident. I do a lotta festival-type shows where I don't really have time to be starting and restarting it. Would you have any idea of something I could do to remedy this? And if I do the help desk thing, I have to pay 49 bucks, right?? I'm no longer under warranty.
Thanks for your help.
Ron

There is no charge for help desk support as long as your Receptor is registered. And from what you are describing, it does not sound like this is something that is related to the SSD, or from the face of it I'd be really surprised if it was SSD related. Probably something to do with the actual patches, or possibly the controller... we have seen a lot of issues with controllers sending bad patch data and suspecting it was Receptor.

ONe way to verify that you actually are sending a valid patch change is to connect a display and open up the SETUP page, then look at the patch change info at the bottom right of the screen. It will tell you exactly what was sent, MSB, LSB, and program change data. If you've updated to 2.0.1, then this is visible in the MIDI display by clicking the MIDI button on any synth channel and looking at the bottom of the window.

Please give that a quick check and if you can confirm that the patch change is actually getting through, then we should definitely fill out a help desk ticket and we'll figure out what's going on.

BTW, what is the display showing with regards to how much disc space is left on your SSD? Is it getting full??

Bryan

I don't see how it could be a patch change reception issue. When everything loads fine, I don't even have to send a patch change and it'll play whatever patch was on there when I turned it off. When it's acting up, the patch on there won't play, although it shows on the screen as always. I haven't even sent any patch change messages to it at that point. I'll check out the SETUP screen message like you said though. Incidentally, when it acts up, I've gone in to the mixer page from my computer and looked for anything weird.....like a midi channel out of whack.....haven't seen anything yet. Thanks again for your help.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”