Software Manager in V2.0.1 will not work

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I raised a ticket through the Plugorama website last week with regard to my above query but I have had no response as yet. I thought I would post on this forum to see if any users have had the same difficulties

I have recently purchased the v2.0.1 software upgrade. Everything went fine and I am really enjoying using the rack mode; however, the software manager button does not work. This means that I cannot install the plugin bundle that came with the upgrade and I cannot install Komplete 9, which I recently purchased.

If click on the set up tab I can then click on all the items in the drop down menu and open them (audio, midi, midi mixer control... etc) except for software manager. If I click on this, nothing happens and the whole screen then freezes - I cannot come out of the set up menu and I cannot use any of the tags or presets. The only way to resolve this is to reboot the Receptor.

I did attempt to install the plugin bundle by going into mixer mode and clicking on the install tab; however, this didn't work (the install is shown as "failed"). Is this because I can only install plugins using software manager, now that I have upgraded to 2.0.1 ?

Has anyone else experienced these problems after upgrading to 2.0.1 and if so, how did you resolve them ?

If I can resolve the issue, I assume I will then need to drag the plugins bundle across to the "drop installers here" folder again, and install the plugins using software manager ?(when it is working)

Thanks for your help and I look forward to hearing from you

Peter Nunez

Hello Peter

It is not possible to install Komplete 9 on receptor 2.O.1 i have been trying for a couple of weeks now Muse confirmed a few days ago that 9 will not install in 2.0.1.
To install Komplete 9 you need to run the installer as "windows 7 " there is a check box for it in the v2.1 software but unfortunately not in the v 2.0.1 that we have that means complete 9 will only run on The VIP ,Trio or quatro models.

I also purchased the 2.0.1 upgrade a while back only to find out that i was entitled to a free version,i installed the upgrade and it totally messed up my receptor luckily i had a backup. Muse where very good about it and refunded me.

If i remember correctly i only had to install the new system software system not the sounds.So i used my backup to put my receptor back the way it was before i upgraded.Then i installed just the software upgrade ,it worked great and i was able to access rack mode etc.
Ps i have a Receptor pro MAX +

Andy

Thanks for your post. My main problem at the moment is getting software manager to work - I have now received a response to my ticket but the suggested advice did not work. Hopefully they will be able to resolve it shortly.

However, I am surprised to hear from you that Komplete 9 cannot be installed on a Receptor running 2.O.1, and Muse themselves have also confirmed that it cannot be done. One of the features of 2.0.1 when it was launched last year was the ability (supposedly) to be able to install Komplete 9. I note that some other users on the forum have confirmed that they have been able to install it and there is actually a video available showing you how to do the install, although this may only work with VIP ,Trio or Quattro models.

I have to say, I will be disappointed if I cannot install K9 on my upgraded Receptor. I only decided to purchase K9 so that I could install it on my Receptor (not on my PC) and Muse have never expressly stated that you cannot install K9 on a Receptor 2 model. If this cannot be done, they should have advised this, to avoid any misunderstanding.

To avoid any doubt, please can you confirm that you definitely CANNOT install Komplete 9 on a Receptor 2 ? Can anyone at Muse also confirm this ? However, has anyone been able to successfully carry out the install ?

Thanks for your help

Guys,

I'm surprised this is not working for you, since it worked for me. Did you follow the same procedure as other Komplete versions?

I copied all the Windows files off of all the install disks, then downloaded the installer from plugorama. Everything worked fine, except I can't install the updates without a Windows 7 mode that's been "coming soon" for a long time.

I did this when 2.01 first came out. Was it broken by a subsequent release?

I cannot say if this works for me, as I cannot use "Software Manager" - see original post - hence I am not able to install the upgrade bundle, let alone Komplete 9.

From your post and the previous post, it is still not clear to me if I can DEFINITELY install K9 on a Receptor 2 running v2.0.1. To quote the page on the Plugorama site relating to K9 : " Receptor 2 users can install Komplete 9 if they have the 2.0.1 update".

Provided I follow the instructions regarding copying the disk contents and also copy over the K9 installer (which I have already downloaded), will I be able to install K9 ?
Everything worked fine, except I can't install the updates without a Windows 7 mode that's been "coming soon" for a long time.
Does this mean you have not been able to install K9 ?

Hope to hear from you soon

No, I can't install the updates to K9.

I don't understand what you mean by "upgrade bundle." I bought K9 as an upgrade, but it's delivered as a full install.

I have one of the green units that originally shipped with K5 (though the guy I bought it from did not transfer the K5 license). I installed K8 on it when it arrived.

When 2.01 finally came out, I bought it right away and installed K9 very soon after receiving it. I don't remember if I used the software manager or the old fashioned mixer mode UI to do it, but I don't remember any problems until I wanted to apply the post-K9 updates.

PS:
The funny part about my interaction with Muse support over the K9 updates is that they kept telling me to use the "Windows 7" mode to do the updates, when there was no such thing. They were obviously looking at a newer version of the Muse software without realizing it hadn't been released.

Sorry - there appears to be a misunderstanding.

The v2.0.1 software upgrade (cost $199) includes a bundle of plugins, said to be worth $900. Although I have upgraded the software, and can now use the rack view, I cannot install the plugin bundle (or K9) due to my problem with software manager above. The upgraded bundle has nothing to do with K9.

So, just to confirm then, you did manage to install K9 itself, but not the subsequent updates ? I guess I will have to do without the updates, when I have eventually installed K9 (ie- when I have got software manager working !).

Do you happen to know what the post K9 updates would have provided, if you had been able to install them ?

Thanks

The post-K9 updates are just the tweaks & big fixes NI has released since K9.

I understand your issue now. This was not a problem for me. I was able to install the bundle & K9.

I have no idea why it does not work for you.

Sorry! Hope Muse can help work it out.

Ok Guys Here is a Copy of the support thread that i started when i opened a ticket at Muse.

Hello

I am trying to upgrade the komplete 8 standard edition on my receptor (R2+pro System v 2.0.1.20130911)
To komplete 9 standard edition.
When i purchaced my receptor it was new and Komplete 8 Ultimate was pre installed but not registered.I bought a Koplete 8 standard edition, downloaded the Correct rpm and registered the software using the komplete 8 seriel there where no issues.
I am using the komplete 9 boxed upgrade that i purchaced from native instruments.
I am using the "drop instslers here" Method described on the plugorama page and the rpm package provided by muse.(komplete9-run-install-2.3-4.nroach.rpm)
I have copied all the filles from the cds to the drop installers here folder on my receptor.
I have also loaded a blank patch and switched of dual core and z load so there are no instances of kontakt runing on the machine.
When i try to run the rpm i get a message saying windows 7 is needed.and the install fails.
I have tried the install in rack and mixer mode.in the receptor log file it says "error invalid argument -ignoring" and som other stuff about bad id.

by the way There is a dead link to an rpm for installing kontakt 9 on the following adress.http://www.museresearch.com/downloads/r ... noarch.rpm

i assume the correct link is:

http://www.museresearch.com/downloads/r ... noarch.rpm

Hälsningar/Kind Regards/Andy
Nick Tomassetti
(Plugorama Support)
Thursday July 3, 2014 11:20 AM Hi Andrew,

It may be best to install K9 in Rack mode. By going to Software Manager > Install Plugin... You will find the .rpm but before installing make sure the "run as Windows 7" box is checked. Sometimes the functionality of run as windows 7 is intermittent and does not always work the first time. If it fails give a couple more tries and if you still run into trouble let me know.

We do have some videos that you can double check the process with on our youtube page. They feature the new Rack mode and go over installation and starting Service Center.
Here the videos that may assist you:

Installing K9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=satiRfcDjD0

Opening and registering with Service Center: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea3w-kJu8PM

Thanks for notifying us of the link. The one you have is the correct one.

Best,
Nick
Andrew Mullin
(andym63)
Thursday July 3, 2014 11:42 AM Hello

Ok ! but where do i find the "run as windows 7 "box ?

Thx andy
Nick Tomassetti
(Plugorama Support)
Thursday July 3, 2014 12:08 PM Andrew,

When you are in the Install Plugin window selecting the file to install, at the bottom of the window is a check box for install as windows 7.

-Nick
Andrew Mullin
(andym63)
Thursday July 3, 2014 12:57 PM ????????. Thx
Nick Tomassetti
(Plugorama Support)
Thursday July 3, 2014 01:11 PM https://www.plugorama.com/files/Screen_ ... .37_PM.png

Must be in Rack Mode, go to setup > software manager > install Plugin to view this window. Where the cursor is in the screenshot is where you will find the box.

-Nick
Andrew Mullin
(andym63)
Friday July 4, 2014 09:36 AM Hi again Nick

I have followed your instructions but i canot see an option to "Run installeras win 7"I have uploaded a screen shot to you.
The screen seems identical except for the little box.

File Uploaded (receptor.JPG)
Andrew Mullin
(andym63)
Friday July 4, 2014 09:43 AM here is a shot of my receptor inf page

Andy

File Uploaded (receptor inf.JPG)
Nick Tomassetti
(Plugorama Support)
Monday July 7, 2014 09:50 AM Hi Andy,

I see. Unfortunately the Receptor 2+ Pro does not support the "Install as Windows 7" functionality. Which also means Komplete 9 is not supported. I do not believe there is a work around for this but the new VIP models are capable of installing Komplete 9. Sorry for the inconvenience.

-Nick

That's nonsense. K9 is supported--Muse advertised the upgrade saying it would be and it worked for me & lots of other people.

Hi
Hope you are right.!
I shall carry on trying.

Hello everyone,

I'm Nick, a new hire at Muse so the information I provided may not always be on point (working on that though!). Komplete 9 is possible to install on Receptor 2 and new models. There are many models out there and I do confuse them from time to time. What confused me most about Andy's situation is that he needed Windows 7 to continue his install. In the tutorial videos you can see that is not required of the Receptor. The install as Windows 7 is a new and a public feature that is only available on VIP/Trio/Qu4tro models.

There is always a possibility it will not work but it is strange that in some cases it does and does not. As for Peter's issue I'm not entirely sure what is happening with his Software Manager. We have been talking and hopefully will find a solution soon.

To clear things up though, it is possible to install Komplete 9. The .rpm file featured in the video has been updated and now correctly downloads.

Best,
Nick

I was under the impression that the "install as Windows 7" option would be coming to Receptor 2 models in the future. No?

drbill wrote:I was under the impression that the "install as Windows 7" option would be coming to Receptor 2 models in the future. No?
Unfortunately I do not know the answer to this at the moment.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”