Receptor 1 pro jr. can not boot in bios mode, why ??? SOLVED

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

My receptor would not start up, it get's stuck in ,receptor initializing,.

Then I try to boot up in bios, with original PS2 windovs keyboard and th right start up procedure.

But no luck, receptor get's stuck in ,receptor initializing, and there are no vga signal :( :?: :?:

What could it be ?? and do you know how to fix it ??

Have a nice day

Jesper
Last edited by jottesen on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hmmm - no VGA? Bad, very bad.

If you can't use Receptor Remote either, I'd say you really don't have many options here. I would expect that you could hold-down the delete key when you first power up - to get to the Bios prompt. If you don't see this on your monitor (or anything), then it sounds like you have a serious HW issue you should talk with Muse Tech Support about.

Hope this helps,
Kevin L

Hi Looneytunes

Thank you for your time.

Problem Solved !!!!!!!!!!

It was a damage ram block.

I got this from Nick at Muse:

Hi Jesper,

It is likely your Receptor's RAM has become unseated or needs to be replaced. I suggest checking the RAM and making sure it is tightly in place. You can also buy new RAM for the Receptor if it does not seem to be functioning even after checking that it is correctly in place.

Ram specifications for Receptor 1 is as follows:

Receptor 1 uses standard / off-the-shelf DIMM RAM PC memory. We recommend using a premium-brand memory that carries a lifetime warranty. There are two RAM slots on Receptor, and you can add 256MB, 512MB, or 1GB into this open slot. By replacing the existing RAM, you can add RAM up to the maximum of 2GB.

The minimum RAM specification is: SD-RAM 184 PIN DIMM, DDR, 333MHz (or faster), PC2700 (or greater). Must be Non-ECC, non-buffered.

We currently sell: SD-RAM 184 PIN DIMM, DDR, 400MHz, PC3200. Non-ECC, non-buffered.

-Nick

Problem solved

Return to “Muse Research and Development”