Cannot install Komplete 9 on Receptor 2

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I previously started a thread about not being able to get software manager to work, which has now been resolved thanks to Kevin at Muse Research. I then tried to install Komplete 9 using the rack interface and using software manager.

In my previous thread was a post from someone who could not install Komplete 9 :
Hello

I am trying to upgrade the komplete 8 standard edition on my receptor (R2+pro System v 2.0.1.20130911)
To komplete 9 standard edition.
When i purchaced my receptor it was new and Komplete 8 Ultimate was pre installed but not registered.I bought a Koplete 8 standard edition, downloaded the Correct rpm and registered the software using the komplete 8 seriel there where no issues.
I am using the komplete 9 boxed upgrade that i purchaced from native instruments.
I am using the "drop instslers here" Method described on the plugorama page and the rpm package provided by muse.(komplete9-run-install-2.3-4.nroach.rpm)
I have copied all the filles from the cds to the drop installers here folder on my receptor.
I have also loaded a blank patch and switched of dual core and z load so there are no instances of kontakt runing on the machine.
When i try to run the rpm i get a message saying windows 7 is needed.and the install fails.
I have tried the install in rack and mixer mode.in the receptor log file it says "error invalid argument -ignoring" and som other stuff about bad id.
I have experienced the same problem - a window appears stating "this product requires at least Windows 7 - set up cannot continue".

Following the above post, Nick Tomassetti stated that "run as Windows 7" box needs to be checked; however, this is not visible on a Receptor 2. Nick then advised that the Receptor 2+ Pro does not support the "Install as Windows 7" functionality, and therefore Komplete 9 is not supported.

Nick subsequently confirmed that Komplete 9 is possible to install on Receptor 2 but he did not comment on the message above - "this product requires at least Windows 7 - set up cannot continue". As we have established that the "run as Windows 7" box cannot be checked, how exactly can we install Komplete 9 ?

Are we to assume that for some users K9 can be installed without problems on a Receptor 2 but for others the Windows 7 message will appear ? Why is this ? How can we install K9 in the event that this message appears ?

If anyone has successfully installed K9 after the Windows 7 message has appeared (and they did not check the run Windows 7 box, as it could not be seen) I would be grateful if you could let me know how you did it !!

Thanks for your help

Peter

Hello

The other post was me.!
I have been trying to install Komplette 9 (upgrade 8 to9)
For well over about a month now .!
Fail!!

I hope muse find a way to do it soon.

It cant be that difficult for them to release a small upgrade that will allow the "install as windows 7 check box" in 2.0.1. Receptors.

Andy.

Thanks Andy

I agree that Muse should be able to sort this out - the whole basis of the upgrade was that you would be able to install K9 after the 2.0.1 software was installed, but you and I have found out that this is not possible

I have a (currently not working) Receptor 2 PRO. I upgraded to 2.0.1 in November, bought the K9 Ultimate upgrade in December, started a support ticket in January, and for months was sent various .rpm files that failed.

Finally, in early May, it was installed via a couple remote sessions. It did not seem like a routine procedure, in fact, I needed to hook up the NI installation drive again an re-copy the files over again.

The kicker is that I didn't realize that 32-bit Receptors couldn't install third party libraries into Kontakt 5. The 2.0.1 literature didn't mention that, and I went ahead and spent $200 at SonicCouture. Muse insists it's possible, so I started a ticket in May.

Good luck to us all!

Hi,
Can someone please confirm that you can now...(May 29th 2015) install Komplete 9 into a receptor pro2 running OS 2.0.1, with the Rpm to be found at Plugorama?...2.3-4...etc.
Has the "cannot see Windows 7" problem been sorted. If so, is there a software fix I need to have, and would you point me in the right direction to find it please?
Regards Niven.

As long as you have 2.0.1, you can install Komplete 9 on a Receptor 2, and there is a video on how to do it located here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=satiRfcDjD0

If you have Komplete 9 Ultimate then you should watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDFn_GUQzVg

We can also sell you a replacement drive for your Receptor 2 that would have Komplete 9 pre-installed with it if you don't want to mess with software installation (it is the bane of all humanity and life as well know it, after all). Just contact tech support if you are interested.

Bryan

Many thanks Bryan.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”