long loading time

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I own a Receptor VIP with 8GB Ram.
A patch layer with Ivory Grand & Omnisphere Strings takes about 20 seconds to load!! :? In live mode that is not a problem. In situations when it is needed to switch quickly between sounds (rehearsals etc.), it takes much too long.
How do you deal with long loading times?
Urs

Yes, that can happen with large sound sets. I mainly use my Receptor 2 Pro Max with multis in mixer mode with Z-load enabled. This way, I have once the load penalty for my big sounds (Rhodes, piano, clavinet) and the rest loads fast afterwards. But I think there is no mixer mode in Receptor VIP, right?

Then the only thing what you can do is:
- Decrease pre-caching configuration in Ivory
- Reduce numbers of layers, e.g. to 8 or 12. Consider to disable half-pedaling etc.

I do not have Omnisphere, so I am not sure if this can be made to load faster.

Fedde

p.s. You can also consider to upgrade to an SSD...

Thanks fedde for your suggestions!
Receptor Vip is able to run in mixer mode, unfortunately only with 4GB ram, no intellibridge 32/64bit. :(
Muse suggested 512GB SSD for 1299 bucks... :? :(

Hi Urs,

BTW - you should note ....

If you do go with a 512G SSD -
If you have Ivory 2 + Italian Grand + American Grand + Omnisphere
That will pretty much fill the entire disk.

Load times are great with Ivory on Receptor + SSD though!

Regards,
Kevin L

Hi Kevin, thanks for your comments!

Can you tell me how long it takes exactly to load a layer Ivory-Omnisphere Strings with SSD?

The current vsti's in use (NI Komplete 9, Ivory II, Ivory Uprights, Omnisphere, Lounge Lizard, NeoSoul Keys) requires over 300GB disk space. How much disk space require Receptors system software?
Do you think it will run?

Is there a possibility to install a larger SSD? (larger than 512GB?)

Thanks
Urs

Hi Urs,

Sorry, my SSD based Receptor HW has an audio card problem - best I can do is go by (hopefully not too biased) memory.

From what I remember, a large (~60g) Ivory II piano (like American Grand) took ~ 10-12 seconds. It was similar, but less time for smaller models (eg Italian Grand, or any of the stock pianos) ~9-10 seconds.

Omnisphere patches loaded fairly fast. I don't recall anything loading in more than 5 seconds.

Again - sorry I can't verify, but I hope this gives you a ballpark-figure of what you are looking for.

Regarding Disk Space, If you have things at 300g, you should be good on a 512g SSD, with a little room to grow. I would budget ~ 5-10g for Receptor
SW (including boot partition, and space on /home). In my setup, I had the American Grand - which takes a large amount of space, as well as various Komplete libs. You can cut back on Komplete libs if you need to save space. In general, you should be OK space wise.

Regarding 1TB SSDs. Muse doesn't recommend any yet, but I think there is one that will potentially make-it into their config. Take a look at the Samsung 850 Pro series.

Of course, adding these voids your warranty, but check with Muse to see if they might support this one sometime.

Hope this helps.
Kevin L

I'd also expect that Muse will make a 1 TB SSD available soon. Still, in my humble opinion 512 GB is already quite a lot. In comparison, a flagship Korg Kronos X has 62 GB. In 512 GB you can fit a lot: Komplete 8 or 9, Ivory II italian grand, Omnisphere, Sampletank and a ton of non sampler VSTs. What more would you need?

Fedde

Return to “Muse Research and Development”