Weird live mode issue

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey KVR,

I normally play background sounds with my receptor using synths, organs, or kontakt strings, but this week I'm doing the lead keys. I haven't done this since I updated to 2.01, and was excited to be able to switch between piano sounds without waiting for samples to load (so embarrassing).

I loaded them up last night, 5 songs with a different customized piano and synth vst layered together. The first three (1 akoustik piano and 2 ivory) loaded into RAM fine in live mode. The next two (ivory) sat there with the clock and name in italics.

They never loaded, and in fact made my receptor 2 pro crash when I tried to exit live mode.

I know that 2.01 dynamically loads samples and vsts into RAM, unloading them when done to do the next. This is clearly what did not happen.

Is this a software conflict with ivory? Is NI playing bad? I have no problems jumping between them usually, and in a single set (tagged) can bounce between presets containing cheese machine, lounge lizard, ivory, b4ii, absynth, massive, fm8, kontakt, and alchemy (usually only one piano in a set). Hey, I like layers :D

Oh kvr can you please please help me figure this out? :help: I would much rather use live mode than remake my set in mixer mode. :pray:

V/r
Just play....
……………………………………………………………
RD-700sx, Montage 7, Hammond Xk-3c, Receptor Quattro, Lenovo 720-13, SS v.3, Rokit 6, Neo Vent 2, Komplete, SampleTank, etc, etc, etc

Crashes are tricky. Sometimes plugins hang and that's just out of your control. Other times it could be a serious issue but I don't think we should jump the gun on any specific answer. You might not even have a problem at all and the best way to answer this is to repeat your steps and see if the crashes are random or repeatable. Receptors are a computer based technology and with anything running software there is always a chance for crashes. Even the New York Stock Exchange saw a failure in their computer systems (I know, thats kinda an extreme example).

Things you can do to try and reduce crashes;
1.) If you modified a Kontakt instrument or have made a custom kontakt instrument, save it within the plugin itself. The Receptor tends to perform better if a Kontakt instrument has been saved to the HD (if it is not a default factory preset).

2.) Try not to jump around in Live mode. Live mode prefers to work in a linear fashion jumping to an unloaded preset creates a higher chance of failure.

3.) Watch your CPU as the instruments load into RAM and switch through presets. If it seems to be capped out often you might look into reducing the presets to be more CPU efficient.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Nick, at rehearsal last night we ended up having a second keyboard for strings, so I unloaded my UVI patches and everything worked out.

This time, the receptor loaded into live mode and each separate preset loaded dynamically in the RAM just like it was supposed to. The RAM lights went to red, then it finished putting the rest of the presets names into italics and loaded them when I got a preset or two away.

I'm curious to know if this is an issue with too many presets, or UVI samples. All of My synths stayed put...

UVI doesn't always play nice with others, as sometimes it seems to create midi conflicts that shut down other synths (ivory among them). Anyone else run into issues running uvi alongside multiple plugins? (Notably ivory, absynth, cheese machine, fm8, alchemy)

Thanks kvr, buggy software is frustrating.
Just play....
……………………………………………………………
RD-700sx, Montage 7, Hammond Xk-3c, Receptor Quattro, Lenovo 720-13, SS v.3, Rokit 6, Neo Vent 2, Komplete, SampleTank, etc, etc, etc

Return to “Muse Research and Development”