Is the mixer solo function be controllable by midi?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I`m guitar player and I want to use regular guitar output with NI guitar rig 4 and also play some synth sounds using Terratec Axon MIDI converter. Speed of changing multis on Receptor 2 is not satisfying me. My idea is to make multi for each song (I can change multis after every song manually by mouse that is OK). During the song I want to change different sounds by foot using Roland FC-300 controller. Is that good idea to load different synth or Guitar Rig4 patches with different sound to each mixer channel and then soloing channels to quickly change sound? If this good idea my question is - how to solo mixer channel? Is there any learn function? Best result would be if each pedal on foot controller solos different mixer channel. In manual page 182 is written MIDI CC 110 on the INST CH toggles the Solo (0-63 = not soloed, 64-127 = soloed) but thats is over my brain:) Any idea how to solo channels by Roland FC-300?
Thanks!

You are almost there… you found out the controller for the Solo button, so the next step is to program that controller in to the FC-300. I've tried programming the FC-300 and as much as I love and respect Roland, I'd rather do the dishes and go to the dentist than figure out how to program that thing…. having said that, there are likely videos on line about how to do it…

BUT THERE IS ANOTHER WAY!!!! You can simply program in Solos and Mutes as PRESETS in SNAPSHOT mode, and simply call up those presets when ever you want the different tones to sound (or not). For this all you need is MIDI program changes which are much easier to program. There is even a video on how to program Snapshot mode found on our website. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ttOhhlkyuM

I think this will be a lot easier to work with… just have the FC-300 send out program changes.

Hi, thank You for good idea.
As I understand it is possible to change snapshots by Tech 21 Midi Mouse and control Guitar Rig and soft synths by Roland FC-300? If it`s possible how exactly would be setup shown on attached file? I set "ignore bank select and target multis"? And then "route MIDI CC to source plugin?
Please help:)
Thank You
ain
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi I´m trying to change snapshots by Roland FC-300 but how? I´m using patch mode but no result...What to do exactly?
Thanks
ain

Snapshots are simply MIDI program changes… no big deal there. Chances are the FC300 isn't actually sending what you think it is… program changes are reported in the SETUP page and will show you the MSB/LSB bank messages and program number received…

You might have patch changes disabled, or targeted to something other than MULTIS… all Snapshots are Multi patches.

ALl the best

Bryan

Return to “Muse Research and Development”