New Platform for Omnisphere 2

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Fellas,
I just received an email from Spectrasonics. They are advertising a new delivery Platform for their three main products. It's a thumbdrive that eliminates the DVD installation. I have a Receptor 2 Pro +.
Will this be compatable?
Thanks Frank

Hi
Short awnser is no .!
Myself and about 200 other people are waiting for This to happen.
Regards Andy

Further to the comment above, I would just like to say on behalf of all Omnisphere 1 users how disappointed I am that Muse have still not resolved this issue.

A different thread relating to this topic (over three months ago) included the following, from James Bernard from Spectrasonics :

"In regards to Receptor and Omnisphere 2, I have been informed that we already provided Muse with all the info they need to "Receptorize" Omnisphere 2".

Another user posted the following :

"I spoke with Spectrasonics in early August and they said that they had supplied Muse with everything needed to support Omnisphere 2".

So, if Spectrasonics have done "everything" at their end to move this matter forward, why haven't Muse come up with an installer yet ?

Perhaps Spectrasonics are lying, and they haven't actually provided Muse with what they need. Is this true ?

Bryan - it is the season of goodwill. Please provide us with some good news and tell us that the Omnisphere installer will be released soon. If not, what exactly do you need to make this happen ?

We have the Omnisphere 2 installer has been tested by a few users successfully so I think we're ready to let more people give it a go. It appears to work fine, with the remaining issue of the plugin re-scanning the sample database if you recall it from a Receptor patch and then open it up to edit it.

Just to explain what the remaining issue is: when you create a Receptor patch, if you instantiate Omnisphere 2 by a Receptor patch and then open up Omnisphere 2, it will rescan its database before it opens, which takes about 2 minutes. The work around is easy: always do your editing INSIDE Omnisphere 2, and save it as a user preset. When you recall Omni 2 from a Receptor patch and decide you want to do some additional editing, simple remove and re-instantiate Omnisphere 2, recall the patch from what you saved inside Omnisphere, and then edit and re-save. Or you can exercise mindfulness byspend two minutes letting positive creative energy flow around your chakras. Up to you. This is unique behavior to Omnisphere 2, all other Spectrasonics software works fine so we don't know why it is doing this.

The other issue which was preventing us from releasing Omnisphere 2 is the authorization issue which was a deal killer since the new version of Omnisphere does not allow you to cut and paste authorization data using a VNC viewer. To that end, we have an authorization helper that lets you authorize Omnisphere 2 on line, or if you have on internet connection, you can do it off line.

The instructions and links are below, but be advised that we only offer paid support for software installation now. If you aren't comfortable following instructions or installing software, don't do it, or pay for a tech support incident and we'll help you install it. So let me be clear… this is your buyer beware / no guarantees / no free support warning!

1) Download the Omnisphere 2 installer that you download from the link below. Place the .mrpk file into the DROP INSTALLERS HERE folder. Run the installer by selecting INSTALL PLUGIN from the Software Manager and then select the installer to run.

2) After the installer runs you need to copy the new Omni 2 Content into the appropriate folder on the Receptor's hard drive. This is best done by installing Omni 2 on a computer that you have connected to the Receptor. Navigate to the installed version of the plugin on your computer and locate the “Soundsources” folder. Open up the Receptor's hard drive by clicking on HARD DRIVE from Receptor Remote. On the Receptor, open up the VSTPlugins folder, and find the Spectrasonics folder. Open up the Omnisphere folder, and inside it you will see a folder called STEAM-Omnisphere. This is where you will place the SoundSources Folder from your computer. Grab and drag the SoundSources folder from the installation on your computer into the STEAM-Omnisphere folder. It is large so it will take quite some time to copy over. For those who are familiar with Windows path naming convention, the folder is located here:

C/VSTPlugins/Spectrasonics/Ominsphere/STEAM-Omnisphere

3) Once the SoundSources have been copied over to Receptor, you are ready to authorize the plugin. Do this using the "Omnisphere-authorization" program. Download it using the link below and drag and drop it onto Receptor's Hard Drive in the Drop Installers Here folder. Once it has copied over, launch the authorizer by clicking on the “Install fixer” button in the Software Manager SYSTEM Tab. This registration helper program is used to work around the registration bug mentioned earlier. If your Receptor has an active internet connection then the program will automatically launch a web browser and navigate to the Omnisphere website. From there you can register it just like you would any other computer. If you do NOT have the Receptor connected to an active internet connection then a screen with instructions will appear on how paste the activation file from the VNC viewer and continue with the registration process.

Links:

Omnisphere installer:

http://www.museresearch.com/downloads/P ... .0d-1.mrpk

Authorization helper:

http://www.museresearch.com/downloads/P ... on-1-1.rpm

Thanks Bryan

I may wait until some other users have installed Omni 2 to see if they have any difficulties; in the meantime, thanks for your help in resolving this issue.

Peter

Well call me crazy, but I'll give it a whack! Thanks for giving us the option Bryan!
I'll let you know how it goes. Wow not a small download for the installer, guess it might take a while, just as a warning to those other bandwidth challenged folks, it is 1.2GB! :o
Cheers,
Dirk

Well hey it was worth a shot, sadly I get:

error:Failed dependencies
rpmlib(FileDigests) <=4.6.0-1 is needed by omnisphere-2.1.0d-l.i386
rpmlib(PayloadlsXz) <= 5.2-1 is needed by omnisphere-2.1.0d-l.i386

I am running the latest software on a Receptor 2+.

Thanks to Brian and all for the input on this issue. Sounds like some progress and will give it a go asap
Dirk, Can you still run Omnisphere 1 after trying to upgrade to 2 ?

Bob

Sadly I never had Omni 1, but when it fails it just plops the huge installer into the failed folder. I can't guarantee it won't step on it v1 though, so backup first which is what I did anyway, but no need to use the backup with the failed install. It bombs out due to the prerequisite library/file check.

Really would love to use it on the Receptor for sure, but at least I can run it on a windows box in the meantime.

I'm almost tempted to try and find/install those missing libraries, but it is something Muse should really know about and be able to handle.

The ball continues into Muse's court.
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for info ; makes sense for it to dump it into failed folder and I'd have thought leave Omni 1 unaffected.

I'm the other way round from you !?! ....... err what I mean is my big bulky 'ld studio pc and my compact sleek 2u Receptor both run Omni1 at the moment. Have been waiting to upgrade but I'd rather both be the same so I can replicate studio stuff live.

I hadn't realised you were a 2 user only. So you've got no Spectrasonics Omni 1 or 2 on your Receptor at the moment ? If so my first thought is ............... could you / would you want to put Omni1 on Receptor in the meantime / till / if etc etc Omni2 works ? It's a big slice of backwards fudge I know but at least you'd have something on.

Bob

Hey Bob,
yeah I had thought about trying to pickup a used version of 1 just to have it on Receptor, but if v2 can't go with me out of the studio, then for me it makes no sense to go backward. I really am relying on it for most of my synth composition needs these days.

I'm in the same boat with Komplete 10 too, I have an old version of K7 on the receptor, and while Muse has offered a copy/license for K9, again it's sort of a step forward/back for me as I also have K10 on my desktop.

Add in the exact same issue with Addictive drums2 and I'm screwed all the way around for my favorite tools not keeping up on Receptor.

Dirk

Thanks for the info I know what I doing Friday now. Have had omni 2 on my mac for 8 months now it's time to use in the receptor.

Bryan

Further to the posts from the previous users, do you intend to do some more research to establish if Omni 2 can definitely work with the Receptor ?

I would like to upgrade from Omni 1 to Omni 2 but want to run it on my Receptor with all the other plugins that I own - I don't really want to be forced to use my PC to run it. As you will note, some users have tried to install Omni 2 and they have run into difficulties, despite you saying that the installer has been tested successfully.

Would you be able to revisit this issue to try and iron out any problems ?

Thanks for your help

Peter

Unfortunately we've taken this as far as we can. We have been able to successfully install it on our newer units, and I don't know why some customers are reporting issues, but then again, software installation is the #1 issue for all developers and there is a lot of things you can do wrong, unfortunately. As for the installer, as we did test it fairly extensively on the new units, but given that Spectrasonics is not offering any form of help we're not going to be able to resolve the issues with their software.

It's pretty clear to me that Spectrasonics does not want to help out Receptor customers, and there isn't a whole lot we can do about that, unfortunately.

bryan

Thanks for your reply Bryan.

I will contact Spectrasonics to see if they can do something at their end; it is in their interest, after all, to make their products as user friendly as possible to achieve the widest application.

Peter

Return to “Muse Research and Development”