Muse Support ending????

RELATED
PRODUCTS

emcee wrote:suitably impressed with your efforts John - I'm keen to give my R2 a go with Windows 10 and see what I can get out of it..
The RTE runtime looks interesting, and not too daunting.
As long as you don't take it too seriously, you might find it useful and even fun. It taught me the substantial work that went into the Receptor programming, and I grew to appreciate it more. As a general warning, there are no Windows drivers for the audio card...you have to replace it. I actually installed a firewire card in mine, and used my Profire.

In the end, I put everything back the way it was. The added external interface was just too cumbersome, the hardware was too old, and the work involved in literally re-creating a Receptor-like OS was too substantial (but I came very close). Like I said, maybe a newer box would work better (newer motherboard, subsystems, etc.).

I wish the Muse people would relax their control a bit and provide installers. I'd like to update that 2004 motherboard in my Receptor (purchased in 2008 actually). Allowing installers for different OSes and configs would allow us to upgrade our own devices.

But, ultimately, a laptop will always be the most practical solution (to me anyway).

Funny you mentioned the Audio card not working - I was cloning my drive over the weekend as a cheap form of insurance (fear of disk failure) and inadvertently let it reboot on the host PC with the Muse OS, and all it complained about was something about a missing audio interface. My understanding is that the Receptor 2/2+ run Fedora 15 under the hood, another project perhaps would be to edit the boot menu, boot into Fedora (possible?) and do a yum update and see what happens. Fedora is now up around mid 20's so surely there'd be never versions of WINE etc. At a guess the nix OS is on one of the small partitions I saw go through as part of the cloning process, and C being the "Windows" partition that presents as the Mixer interface. On a cloned drive of course, as an experiment!
All the nix OS's seem pretty resilient changing hardware to a large degree, another experiment would be to get a similar form board/cpu and plug the drive in it, see if it spits errors during boot..
Don't Tech No for an Answer

Hello group, I've been a Muse user/supporter since 2005 and feel that the companies demise was premature. If you have a working receptor, make a couple of duplicate copies of the hard drive invade of HDD failure. There are a few options that might be viable to the company but waiting for a response from Bryan. Let's stay connected and keep the dream alive. I've had just about every keyboard on the market from the Dx7 to the Oasys and I can truly say that my Receptors were my favorite money maker. I just swap the HDD and getting ready to make another swap to Samsung SSD drive ASAP..stay in touch!!lol

Again, agreed - back up your drives and let's keep the faith, and hope that the Receptor Resurfaces sooner rather than later, with proper backing and support from its new investors. And let them kn ow they do already have a strong base of customers who also have a vested interest in whatever form the new unit appears in.

Agreed! Anyone try booting a Receptor drive externally??

This is such. a. bummer. I'd just finally saved up the cash to buy the 2.0.1 upgrade; I was going to buy it tonight. Does anybody know of a way I could get that system (and the plugin pack that came with it; if possible :D ) running on my Receptor 2?

(And yes, I did just join this forum today, but I'm more than happy to have some kindred souls to cry in my beer with about all this.)

I was about to buy it as well. Might ask my local Muse dealer what options are. Apparently the serial has a "call home" verification so I'm unsure how it would work, even if you could get the mprk or whatever file it was that we'd need..

just had a good chat to the Australian Muse dealer. Getting the V2 update is possible if you go with a new drive, which gives you the $900 of plugins and Rack Mode. You can't get it as a download anymore, well, at least legally.. if you know someone who has downloaded it, it is possible to share it I guess. Although my understanding is it was a pretty hefty file - 1.8gb? The fine print is, rack mode won't work as it can't be activated due to Muse being in Limbo.. So you can switch to it, it'll say "hey I'm not activated" and then flip back to mixer mode. So you'll have mixer mode V2 (much same as 1.9 mixer mode and the mixer modes before that) and the additional plugins. According to him though, V2 does slow down some earlier Receptor 2's, depending on Ram Type, board etc..
So it may just be a whole lot easier to stick with 1.9 and not so much crying into the beer, but cry happy tears that you didn't buy it days before Muse shutting down and NOT being able to activate it :)

I mailed muse the other day and purchaced the upgrade for one of my machines .The registration of the rack mode upgrade has nothing to do with muse going belly up it is a copy protection scheme .You install the upgrade and then input the seriel nr that muse provide you with. This is done with the receptor "online" the rceptor checks with muse that the number is valid usung a checksum if it gets a posative awnser then rack mode will be enanabled.
I knowe this because i have upgraded 4 receptors to rack mode .As i said before i mailed muse the other day and they provided me with the upgrade and code,i didnt nerd the software as i already have it. I contacted them initialy by puting in a ticket/regards Andy

How did you actually log a ticket with them? When I added the 2 upgrade to my cart I got "this item doesn't exist"
Or something to that effect..

hi
I just opened s ticket as normal at the bottom of the page whete it says "support" in small leters .All my old tickets are still there.Andy

interesting - I dropped an email to support Monday to ask about the 2.01 upgrade, and so far I've only got the autoreply that they have received my request..

Andy, you able to see your tickets still? When I go into the support area, I get

You appear to have requested a product that does not exist!

hi
yes i can stoll see them.

http://www.plugorama.com/
"bottom of page to the right"
go Support-helpdesk logg in if you havent already.
Andy

Return to “Muse Research and Development”