Cannot activate plugin demos thru Plugorama?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since it looks like Muse is ending its services as we know it, I see in the plugorama web site there is no more " Commercial Only" plugins listed. My understanding of this was if you wanted to purchase one of your demos on your receptor you would purchase these from the Plugorama web site by buying an Ilok autorization from Muse Research to activate it and keep it beyond the demo time limit on your Receptor. So what does these mean for your existing demos in your receptor that you still have'nt activated? Does it means you have only 30 days to use it? I have a VIP 2 and if that's the case, would it be better to delete all demos software if you can't get it authorized and start over on demos you would like to have? Will somebody else be willing to pick up this part of the Muse Service? Just asking questions before I do anything and if anybody has any good anwers that would be helpful.

Hello,

I just wanted to say that quite a few of the plugs offered through muse can be installed/authorized on your own using the standard installers for those plugs. In most cases, you need to remove the demo/Muse-supplied versions off your disk. This should only be done if you have a bit of background in linux, and are comfortable working on your receptor from another computer.

I have re-installed plugins from RobPapen, GMedia, U-he, Spectrasonics, ....
I have done this for some time on Receptor 1s and 2s, as well as Quatro.

Hope this helps,
Kevin L

Kevin,

Thanks for the info. Unless we hear from someone else on complete support for Receptors in general, everyone will just have to take time to learn their own support issues. Hopefully other owners or previous Receptor techs or employees can give everyone thier input if they have it.

Kevin, have you done this with Komplete? I never purchased it but just got my money together. I know it's got the service center and then there's the 9 vs. 10 issue.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

Return to “Muse Research and Development”