VIP doesn't boot... no help in sight...

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi @all!

a customer over here in Germany has a problem with his RECEPTOR VIP - bought 2015.
His VIP doesn't boot anymore.
I've checked the cables/connections inside the unit - everything is properly fixed.

Can we assume it's his harddisk ?
There's SSD built in.
IMG-20160627-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20160627-WA0000.jpg
He bought his unit via German distributor Drum-Tec. However, they told us they're not distributing RECEPTOR anymore and can't help. Bummer...

Any idea ?

Cheers
Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hi robert...does a backup exist - done with the VIP backup/restore routine? try connecting 2 another sata port on the motherboard? good luck!

Hay Jens,

I'm not sure about his backup routine & philosophy.

Display seems to be stuck in this mode:

"Cannot start up.
No communication link"

Since Drum-Tec and MUSE in the USA don't support customers anymore I will try to do solve it when I have the unit here.

Hi
By the looks of those attatchments it seems the Ssd is dead.It could be the bootloader (Grub) but thats unlikeley as you would still see the drive at boot.
I would boot the vip using Unetbootin on a thumb drive and check the drive and hardware just to be shure.
Do you knowe what version of the software is on the vip.?
It is easy to use a clone Hd made on another Receptor To get the unit runing if the problem is the old ssd ,however rack mode would not be accesable on the unit afterwards because the software will not recognise the new hardware so the user would be stuck with mixer mode.Unless there is someone at muse that can issue a new seriel nr for the rack mode software.
Kind regards Andy

Return to “Muse Research and Development”